Sorry Phipps

Replies

• Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    2 people made my list tonight (Hk leader..., and dooku) attacking me within the last 15 minutes of our payout time who I've never seen before in the top 20. If you are in our payout time, congrats on making it to top. Regardless, I'm glad to have new targets, I'll be watching you both all weekend, if I determine you are not est USA payout time enjoy your last days in arena getting good crystal payouts because I'll be following you around attacking you the hour before your payout so you can't move up one spot.
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    I think I'm happiest with an all offensive team, but I intend to experiment more.

My arena ready folk (7 70 max gear) are yoda, Eeth, Barris, Ashoka, Daka, savage, aayla, Rey, maul, qgj, Lumi, JC, RG, Dooku, 86, talia, kylo, Kit, ig100

And on the border I have Ewok elder, Leia, resistance pilot, Adi, anakin, ventress, sidius, initiate, Phasma, old Ben, first order officer, Akbar

I have other combos to try. I was really hoping to enjoy Leia more than I do.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Wish I could have your leia.
    My max star, gear, ability toons at the moment are;
    Sid, lumi, GS, poggle, AA, Biggs, HRS, Luke.
    Almost finished with Han in 3 days.
    Also have 5* max gear Poe, Jc, barriss

Currently farming all 4 ewoks and RG, Planning on taking the ewoks the distance in 7* them. I want diversity there are tons of characters but we only get to play against a handful.

Teebo will probably be first I get to 7*.
    Plan on running him at leader with his awesome random stealth. Almost have him gear 8 already but will take 2 weeks to get him to 6* arena capable. I hope we have a month before the next major update but all the changes Jesse said look awesome and should mix things up
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    I have a 7 star GS but he's level 1 with no gear.

Leia's gear is depressing
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Purple gear, and now even blue gear drop rates are starting to get to me 3 months into the game.

....wait for energy to build back, and then energy bonus, then spam the sim at 10 energy a pop for 10 tries to get 1 maybe 2 peices of purple.

• Predian
    615 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Well calvo mixed things up. That's my first time facing grievous. Fun stuff.

I put in my underpowered Ima and shouldn't have, but won with four toons standing.
  • Yeah it was awesome to wake up and see the general with his light sabers whizzing. I left him for last. Using basic all jedi team wiped him out 88 then 86... What do you guys think about level 80 and possible bug shift back to defense away from speed etc...
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    I have maul and savage available if that's the case but I hope the shift is subtle not overdone. May also make mace more interesting for the Jedi teams.

I'm torn between wanting to build up an Ewok team or saving resources for the cap increase.

• Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Wait, Calvo switched it up? I still see him with QGJ in there, not like him to play any of the other 50 toons he has maxed out in arena.
    Hope when the new updates drop I'll be able to play my full rebel squad.
    Farming these ewoks are going to take forever if the 2/18 drop rate continues.
    Luckily they show up in the shard shop (hopefully) and in shipments to buy with crystals.
    Note: always farm hard nodes immediately when you wake up, way less frustrating when you are tired.

Really glad there are big changes coming within the next month.

Hoping to have 10-15 mill credits (currently 5) and 150 purples (currently 100) saved before the update. Considering so much will change then I might not upgrade anyone for first week or 2 after update. Let the whales figure it all out first so resources arnt wasted.
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    I have 500k credits and zero tier 3 ability mats saved up.

Calvo was running a poggle, GS, 86, 88, grievous squad this morning but seems to have gone back to his standard qgj, GS, Poe, Ben, yoda crew.

• Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    He could literally run probably 20+ players on his roster and still place top 5. Just makes no sense to me to spend all that money and not get enjoyment from trying new things and using them all.
    I could spend all those purples and credits in about 60 seconds. I like to wait till I have characters max geared up first before I lvl and ability mat them.
    It's a big reason why I'm choosing to farm all the ewoks since it will take forever to star them and I won't be using my credits or mats on them at this time. That way when update comes I have everything saved up for my current roster and can stay ahead of the game.
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    Maybe he hasn't whaled the way we assume he has?
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    When we first started he was like the only one at the top and had like all the chromium exclusive characters right away......and he has GG
  • I can't argue with your evidence.
  • I don't know what my current lineup is but somehow I finished 4th without playing in the last two hours so I'm happy about that.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    I'm getting sick of arena. At this point in the game with every team having everyone maxed it's 99% luck because of RNG and sniping luck. Plus QGJ is on every single persons team. CG releasing him to cantina was a huge mistake. After they fixed the Poe issue it opened everything up to be diverse but they had to wreck it by making him farmable.
    Wish they would just take top 10 used arena toons and rotate banning them for use for a few days at a time.
    Luckily this shouldn't matter once the new update drops.
  • Sniping is annoying but I enjoy the combat other than against Calvo because his team is a joke and I feel like a robot killing it every time in the exact same order.
  • HalB
    169 posts Member
    Hey guys! I'm back in the forum, and I see you've been busy. Today I've been struggling with my "new" team composition. I thought that getting Yoda would help, but instead my team drops like a rock (today I had to recover from rank 58).
    I am running: 6* QGJ (L, of course), 6* GS, 7* Sid, 7* lumi, 6* Yoda (not maxed on gear yet, 34/50 on the purple gear). I know, nothing original. It is good on offense but my rank drops prove it sucks on defense...
    Any piece of advice for this poor F2P?
    My other usable toons are: 7* Poggle, 7* Phasma, 7* JC, 7* Eeth Koth, 7* Barriss, 6* Daka, 5* Poe. I am currently working on 86 and 88, they may be useful in the new meta. I'd love to fight Calvo and his Grievous!
  • Well, I am back from the Caribbean. I dropped all the way to 59th! Yikes! I will spend the next few days trying to climb back. Any big changes in the game in the last week?
    Empire Relic
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    Well, I am back from the Caribbean. I dropped all the way to 59th! Yikes! I will spend the next few days trying to climb back. Any big changes in the game in the last week?

Big stuff coming in April. Nothing new since you stepped away. Although calvo started playing around with a grievous
  • HalB
    169 posts Member
    59th is not that bad for being out a week. What have you been running on defense?
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    What I've noticed - quite anecdotal - is that if I take 2nd in the morning, I can stay at 2nd for a large part of the day without playing. If I take 1st, I end up out of the top 10 in a few hours.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    @Insufferable_camper

I had been watching you, you didn't drop that far which is good news, seems top 5 has got more competitive lately at least in east USA time zone over last week. Be sure to check the updates Jesse posted over the past week that he gave us for the game. Great stuff is ahead.

Has anyone joined a guild yet? I haven't pulled the trigger since it's not in game yet but I'm starting to think about it.

@Predian
    I know what you mean, I purposely try to move into spots that I think are attacked less. Fwiw, and this goes for anyone in the est USA pay out, if I'm in in 3rd or 2nd and you are in first I don't mind getting locked out so feel free to use me as your holder if you can, I've had a bad week in arena since arena is mostly luck with sniping and defense those places are just as good as 1 IMO....way better than the 10-6 payout

Btw, does my squad ever win on defense? I feel like they lose 100% of the time....I hate them since I've been playing the same team forever, can't wait for the changes
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    I think everyone loses close to 100% of the time on defense.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    My broke squad use to win 90% plus of the time of offense. Now it's more of a flip of....whose GS goes first and who yoda turn meter reduces on my team.
  • I only lose on offense when something crazy happens or I'm indulging in my alt addiction.

My current lineup is an example of that (qgj, aayla, maul, Rey, Royal)
  • @HalB I don't really have a good defensive team, I just tried to put one out there with a bunch of stars and high power ranking so I would be targeted less.

@Phipps @Predian I too have noticed that when I take the number one spot, by the morning I have dropped at least 15 spots, if I am #2, 3, or 4 sometimes I can stay in the top ten overnight.

I am a bit worried about the changes coming. I have spent a lot of time gearing and starring characters for the current meta. I feel I'm not prepared for a seismic shift in gameplay.
    Empire Relic
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    You'll be fine @Insufferable_camper. They aren't going to make people's current lineups useless. But they will make more lineups viable.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Yea I didn't go for QGJ because I knew this would happen where everyone would have him. I am now suffering the consequences. Once the game is finally in balance it should be like rock paper scissors where you need certain types of line ups to beat other line ups. This way no 1 faction is OP and the game will be way more diverse and fun, once that happens arena will be awesome because we will need a huge bench and constantly have to be adapting instead of all of us using our top 5 fastest and strongest hitters all at once.
    Right now everything I've farmed for the past 6 + weeks is worthless in arena so it feels I've made zero progress. Buffs and nerfs really don't bother me I just hope they get this next update right
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Ugh you beat me in under 90 seconds easily