Secrets and Shadows

Prev1
What does it take to beat the secrets and shadows challenge tiers? I thought my r5 daka would help, but the aoe + dots kill her immediately. Is r7 required? I’m confused.

Replies

• Not even a full R7 team will beat the last tier.

There are some videos on YouTube that shows you how to beat the second last tier. Talia seems to be the key, plus mods play a huge part.

And for the last tier? Nobody has beaten it yet, so far I know.
  • full maxed nightsisters here! (relic7, all zetas and solid golden mods)

a long, long project came to an end, and after two wasted hours, i gave up.

TIER 2!!!

tried it enough with talzin leader and assaj lead.
    my standard team are talzin/asajj/daka/zombie/acolyte
    and i tried it also with my g12 talia instead of acolyte

always the same: before i'm really ready for wave 4 (haven't lost a revive from zombie), sidious makes his aoe, total rng who is standing after his attack. daka with heal immunity. daka revives, sidious does one or two basics, then he kills them all.

this makes no sence and no fun!
  • jedibaer71 wrote: »
    full maxed nightsisters here! (relic7, all zetas and solid golden mods)

TIER 2!!!

always the same: before i'm really ready for wave 4 (haven't lost a revive from zombie), sidious makes his aoe, total rng who is standing after his attack. daka with heal immunity. daka revives, sidious does one or two basics, then he kills them all.

Following the "Rule of two" is making my heart proud but there are more than only those two leader abilities for Nightsisters.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • jedibaer71
    575 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    @Kisakee

of course you are right, but i don't want remember, when i earlier made a "fingermistake" and put g13 daka in the leader spot instead of g12 talzin against grievous and his droids... :*
  • jedibaer71 wrote: »
    @Kisakee

of course you are right, but i don't want remember, when i earlier made a "fingermistake" and put g13 daka in the leader spot instead of g12 talzin against grievous and his droids... :*

We need to leave known paths to find new ways.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    jedibaer71 wrote: »

TIER 2!!!

If Talia is one left standing after Sid's AoE, her second ability will cleanse the healing immunity off Daka and feed her TM to revive and have MT get the plague going. It takes lots of iterations of RNG, but a health (some say tenacity/crit avoidance) modded R5+ Daka is all you need, the rest can be G12. You just have to put in the time to nail the RNG.

EDIT: To clarify, I also agree that having to run waves 1-3 ad nauseeum to pray for the right RNG is wave 4 is terrible game design and not fun. If they wanted an RNG gate to make players spend more time in the event/encourage different teams, they could have at least had the courtesy to put it in the first wave. It is, however possible if you have time/are stubborn. I know one time at board game night I just auto'd it over and over until I saw Daka cleansed in wave 4. Took maybe 2 hours of running it on auto over and over.
  • I would love CG to show us how they can beat tier 3. Truly.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    khdelboy wrote: »
    I would love CG to show us how they can beat tier 3. Truly.

They turn the knobs to "easy"
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

TIER 2!!!

Sounds like a classic case of bad RNG!
  • I used spirit as a fifth and she has high attack when the other toons are dead they revive on basic ... I can beat challenge tier 1
  • Boosting NS to beat this AB is a waste of gear.

Maybe someday when I don't have 60 characters to relic for GLs and SuperHeroJourneys and whatnot I can invest in NS for fun. But the cost of getting NS to high relic compared to the reward for an occasional event is so high you'll never earn back your investment. You've got to have a different (and very strong!) reason to relic NS, and I've simply never had that.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    My NS aren't great, but on Challenge Tier I, it seems Sidious has 100% tm to start, or is at least super fast. Made me wonder if even Relic NS can withstand it without good RNG, and if relic Phoenix might be tankier.
  • Made me wonder if even Relic NS can withstand it without good RNG, and if relic Phoenix might be tankier.

If it's even possible for Phoenix to do it, they would have to be grossly tankier. After all, they don't have revive mechanisms, so either all 5 survive the AoE or you're toast... and that means Sabine and/or Ezra has to survive. And if they can survive, then Zeb and Kanan are way, way, way tankier.

Heck, Daka only survives (when she does) by having built up extra health from the function of her zeta.
  • Except Daka hasn't built up much by that point. It resets each wave.

The way I manage to get through is to put absurd speed mods on Spirit (+150 or more), and then she stays ahead of Sidious' AoE with her foresight on basic. Just slowly whittle him down and then hope you get Daka back on the killing blow.

Granted I tried T2 but I don't have everyone relic'd. Just MT, AV, and OD.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Made me wonder if even Relic NS can withstand it without good RNG, and if relic Phoenix might be tankier.

If it's even possible for Phoenix to do it, they would have to be grossly tankier. After all, they don't have revive mechanisms, so either all 5 survive the AoE or you're toast... and that means Sabine and/or Ezra has to survive. And if they can survive, then Zeb and Kanan are way, way, way tankier.

Heck, Daka only survives (when she does) by having built up extra health from the function of her zeta.

Yeah, I've never played with Phoenix maxed out, so I don't know what they get to. I was thinking the protection up might help, but it looks like they have to take a turn first so maybe it won't work.
  • The problem is Darth Nihilius.

He’ll annihilate one of the Phoenix as soon the round starts.
  • MT zLead (G12), Asajz (R4), Old Daka (R4), Talia (G12), Zombie (G11)
    Can clear C1 and C2 with only needing a few retries.
    Wave 1 thru 3 are easy. On Wave 3 save specials.
    On Wave 4 you will lose Talia and MT, and sometimes AV. Revive with Daka (speed and health mods) and use Talia's special to remove negative effects.
    Try to get lots of plague on Sidius and should be easy at that point.
    Wave 5 thru 7 are easy, but kill the Death Trooper fast or he can perma-kill.
    Wave 8 DN's annihilate is not perma-kill, can revive still.

Still need some good RNG, but that worked for me.
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    @Anariodin what's your mod setup on them for Tier 2? I run R4 AV, R5 OD, G12+1 Zombie and G12+4 Spirit under R2 MT and before I even get to wave 4 zombie is speed locked at -100%, and even with +155 speed on Spirit Sidious just obliterates with back to back AoE. Esp with zombie G11 I just don't see how you make it to wave 4 without her speed locked and useless. With her speed locked there's no way you've made it to wave 4 without her wasting her two revives either, which means the AoE nukes everyone right off the bat.
  • With her speed locked there's no way you've made it to wave 4 without her wasting her two revives either, which means the AoE nukes everyone right off the bat.

Actually, the speed penalty is removed when Zombie revives a toon, so you can have Zombie speed locked without having revived anyone else, then when folks die against Sidious Zombie comes back full power.

That said, my best success (and I have way under geared NS and haven't even beaten t1 yet, just so you know) has been without zombie. There's an event special to give taunt to someone else and then you use your revives from Daka and MT-lead. Zombie has more endurance than the other Sisters in many contexts, but in this one where she can die too quickly and then gets stuck useless forever at 0 speed, someone that can be brought back full strength by Daka can be more useful.

Anyway, The one time I survived t1 Sidious it was MT, AV, OD, Talia & Acolyte. (I would have run Spirit instead of Acolyte though if I had her geared).

You're running a drastically better NS squad than I have, so I can't say if that would work for you at the higher tiers, but you could always give it a shot.
  • When the developers show that it is possible to do this with the phoenix with the respective .relics the sidious only has one speed, and to pass tier 2 depends on RNG HUNT. and I doubt that increasing my sisters' relics will change anything

If developers were embarrassed in the face, they put the lower modes of the event for simulation. but not even small things to improve players' lives are done.
  • As someone with a fully r7 NS squad I don't even bother anymore with it as it just isn't worth the time nor the frustration. I get my zetas from t1 and call it done each time this event comes. This is starting to occur more and more now and hopefully means I can finally get off to this ride. I was patient and waited for the GC to see what they offered but they missed the mark on those as well. Game is finally starting to get a little boring after 2 years. A blessing in disguise as some like to call it.
  • Ultra wrote: »

TIER 2!!!

Sounds like a classic case of bad RNG!

Nope, sounds like a classic case of lazy development and bad game design
  • It’s not difficult if you know the strategy, talking about Tier II. This time it only took me two tries. You need to enter in p4 with the correct TM in Talía or with Talía death, so after the first AoE you need to Daka resurrects Talía and Talzin, if not, restart. Talía will be resurrected with 100% TM because she was already dead some turns ago, and you want to use the special ability to clean the health inmu in Daka, after that you only use special abilities with the rest of the NS, ie, AoE with Talzin, event ability with asajj, second special with Talía, etc... after a few turns, Sudiuos will have enough plagues to die by taking a turn.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    **** wrote: »
    Once again. Another change and another useless reason to hate this game . Good going Devs

Kill the game ASAP

What change?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • miguelfoo wrote: »
    after that you only use special abilities with the rest of the NS, ie, AoE with Talzin, event ability with asajj, second special with Talía, etc... after a few turns, Sudiuos will have enough plagues to die by taking a turn.

Except he goes again during that and aes again the very next turn. Now when you revive you can't cure and he probably healed himself to full and cleared all the plagues...

Just cause some people are getting lucky and not getting 2 or 3 or 4 back to back aes, doesn't mean the fight is easy. It's stupid rng. They need to put a 3 turn cool down on the ae attack.
  • He doesn’t do back to back AoEs. There’s always a basic in between. I asked this one back when it was a 2 tier event and the devs confirmed that there is no mechanic for his AoE to go off twice in a row.
  • CG’s advice to beat assault battles teirs 1-3 is “be prepared for anything “. See you on the holotables.

Including terrible RNG.
  • TVF wrote: »
    khdelboy wrote: »
    I would love CG to show us how they can beat tier 3. Truly.

They turn the knobs to "easy"

You joke, but I think CG Carrie did something before she left and made all the devs’ accounts R12 no matter what gear level they are. It’s the only way to account for all this content they release that they think is “fun” and of a challenge commensurate with the requirements.
This discussion has been closed.