How much money would it cost me to get Galactic Legend Kylo Ren

Replies

• If you're going to buy everything? Roughly 15.000-18.000$.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kisakee wrote: »
    If you're going to buy everything? Roughly 15.000-18.000$.

Uuummmmm, I guess you could say that, but its probably lower.
    $5-10k - sure.
    Breaking $10k, yes if they just want it "tomorrow" and nothing else matters, but since you cannot just buy everything, it doesnt matter and probably still come in under $15k.

Not to say you couldnt spend $15-18k, it just doesnt get you past certain roadblocks any faster.
    There are quite a few factors to consider when thinking about spending to meet requirements to get a specific toon.

Farming toons is a long term process and $$ to speed it up only gets you going so fast, because of the cap on hard nodes and energy refreshes.

Gear, most can be bought but I dont believe you can just buy everything, so you will be needing to hit raids and othe events to help get that income, which again will take time.

Most of these things can be done in parallel, which saves some time and $$.

Make a plan and work the plan.

As for the question at hand, as the saying goes, "If you have to ask how much it costs, you probably can't afford it".
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Kisakee wrote: »
    If you're going to buy everything? Roughly 15.000-18.000$.

Uuummmmm, I guess you could say that, but its probably lower.
    $5-10k - sure.
    Breaking $10k, yes if they just want it "tomorrow" and nothing else matters, but since you cannot just buy everything, it doesnt matter and probably still come in under $15k.

Not to say you couldnt spend $15-18k, it just doesnt get you past certain roadblocks any faster.

Don't forget that we can't see his Palpatine and Veteran Han, they're probably non existent too. Plus non of his toons is above 5* yet. And with all the shop refreshes you can do per day i'm safe to assume that my estimation absolutely fits the bill (pun intended).
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Let's just say it's a vault of crystals to buy ONLY the Kyros needed to gear up SLKR. Once you unlock him. And that's not the rest of his gear either, or the 1300 other Kyros needed to gear everyone else to G13. So you're looking at 3 vaults just for Kyros.
  • You could have all the characters needed for SLKR to 7* within two weeks for about $700, using the swgohevent.com panic farming calculator, assuming that you don't need to do any other farms for EP. With the Kyro mentioned previously, you're at $1K. Phasma, FOO and FOSFTP will be the more challenging ones to get to 7* in this scenario, but they're all from different stores so that's not too bad. Phasma could be 15 shards a day so that'd be about a week and a half. Let's say they place better than 200 in arena so that's 10 a day for FOO so that's 2 weeks and it's not unreasonable to think that enough guild currency could be obtained to keep up with this for FOSFTP. Using hux as a baseline, I'd estimate at least 1 vault to G13 him, not including the kyros. Would not be surprised if it's closer to 2 but lets say 1.5 per character. So, about $1,800 for the gear, not including relic nor kyros. So a nice 3K just to G13 everyone. Lest we forget that credits are also needed for this as well as ships.
    I could believe that 4-5K could get you to playing the event within within a month.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    $0.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • AM2Rainman wrote: »
    You could have all the characters needed for SLKR to 7* within two weeks for about $700, using the swgohevent.com panic farming calculator, assuming that you don't need to do any other farms for EP. With the Kyro mentioned previously, you're at $1K. Phasma, FOO and FOSFTP will be the more challenging ones to get to 7* in this scenario, but they're all from different stores so that's not too bad. Phasma could be 15 shards a day so that'd be about a week and a half. Let's say they place better than 200 in arena so that's 10 a day for FOO so that's 2 weeks and it's not unreasonable to think that enough guild currency could be obtained to keep up with this for FOSFTP. Using hux as a baseline, I'd estimate at least 1 vault to G13 him, not including the kyros. Would not be surprised if it's closer to 2 but lets say 1.5 per character. So, about $1,800 for the gear, not including relic nor kyros. So a nice 3K just to G13 everyone. Lest we forget that credits are also needed for this as well as ships.
    I could believe that 4-5K could get you to playing the event within within a month.

Skipping kyro costs is silly. But, if I look at mine, where I'm much further along. I have 4 g12s, a g13 and 2 g11s. Just the top 5 pieces i require costs around 160,000 crystals. After that I can spot at least two other pieces that require 20k each to buy out, so I'm already exceeding your $1,800 in gear and I'm not even into the pieces that I 'only' need 300 or less of.
  • DuneFlint wrote: »
    AM2Rainman wrote: »
    You could have all the characters needed for SLKR to 7* within two weeks for about $700, using the swgohevent.com panic farming calculator, assuming that you don't need to do any other farms for EP. With the Kyro mentioned previously, you're at $1K. Phasma, FOO and FOSFTP will be the more challenging ones to get to 7* in this scenario, but they're all from different stores so that's not too bad. Phasma could be 15 shards a day so that'd be about a week and a half. Let's say they place better than 200 in arena so that's 10 a day for FOO so that's 2 weeks and it's not unreasonable to think that enough guild currency could be obtained to keep up with this for FOSFTP. Using hux as a baseline, I'd estimate at least 1 vault to G13 him, not including the kyros. Would not be surprised if it's closer to 2 but lets say 1.5 per character. So, about $1,800 for the gear, not including relic nor kyros. So a nice 3K just to G13 everyone. Lest we forget that credits are also needed for this as well as ships.

Skipping kyro costs is silly. But, if I look at mine, where I'm much further along. I have 4 g12s, a g13 and 2 g11s. Just the top 5 pieces i require costs around 160,000 crystals. After that I can spot at least two other pieces that require 20k each to buy out, so I'm already exceeding your $1,800 in gear and I'm not even into the pieces that I 'only' need 300 or less of.

I apologize for the confusion, but I was not skipping the cost. It was just already included. $700 for shards. $300 for kryos, per Vendi1983. $1800 for all the other gear.
    Looking at it further, one powercell injector (fusion) would cost you about half a vault, and does contain kyros. So let's use that as the baseline for going from g12 to g13. So that's 300 bucks, per character. So, $700, plus 12*300 gives you $4,300. Getting to G13 is the most expensive, by a lot so the rest will be significantly less. Let's call it 5k to get all 12 to G13. Still does not include relics nor does it include the Finalizer, which will be the main sticking point. You can still by the shards pack without completing the main portion of the event, right? That's be the less expensive way to get the finalizer to 5* than trying to unlock all the ships necessary within the same time and then refreshing the event. The one for the Raddus doesn't show a limit on how many times you can purchase it but I'm also able to do the Raddus event so I'm not sure if unlocking the event is a prerequisite which wouldn't make sense because it's all about the money. A little more than one vaults worth of crystals.
    Ok, so if you wanted to be able to get SLKR in two weeks, I'll say the new number is about $6K. Even if I'm way off with the rest of the gear and the relics, I find it hard to believe, after all this, that the total cost would be over $7K. This is not unreasonable with the given assumptions I've listed and me not actually wanting to do the math on the cost of relicing all the characters. I feel like the bigger issue is making sure the gear is available as that's a lot of gear to try to get through the shipments and not being one who typically buys gear in the shipments, I'm not sure what all can and cannot be found in there. The weekly has it all but can't be refreshed.
  • TheMaster12345
    607 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    It really just depends on how fast you want to get him. If you don't spend any money it will take a very, very long time but if you spend a lot of money you could unlock him sooner.
  • AM2Rainman wrote: »
    DuneFlint wrote: »
    AM2Rainman wrote: »

I apologize for the confusion, but I was not skipping the cost. It was just already included. $700 for shards. $300 for kryos, per Vendi1983. $1800 for all the other gear.
    Looking at it further, one powercell injector (fusion) would cost you about half a vault, and does contain kyros. So let's use that as the baseline for going from g12 to g13. So that's 300 bucks, per character. So, $700, plus 12*300 gives you $4,300. Getting to G13 is the most expensive, by a lot so the rest will be significantly less. Let's call it 5k to get all 12 to G13. Still does not include relics nor does it include the Finalizer, which will be the main sticking point. You can still by the shards pack without completing the main portion of the event, right? That's be the less expensive way to get the finalizer to 5* than trying to unlock all the ships necessary within the same time and then refreshing the event. The one for the Raddus doesn't show a limit on how many times you can purchase it but I'm also able to do the Raddus event so I'm not sure if unlocking the event is a prerequisite which wouldn't make sense because it's all about the money. A little more than one vaults worth of crystals.
    Ok, so if you wanted to be able to get SLKR in two weeks, I'll say the new number is about $6K. Even if I'm way off with the rest of the gear and the relics, I find it hard to believe, after all this, that the total cost would be over $7K. This is not unreasonable with the given assumptions I've listed and me not actually wanting to do the math on the cost of relicing all the characters. I feel like the bigger issue is making sure the gear is available as that's a lot of gear to try to get through the shipments and not being one who typically buys gear in the shipments, I'm not sure what all can and cannot be found in there. The weekly has it all but can't be refreshed.

You're underestimating g8-g11. Og kylo alone needs 5 carbs, 2 stun guns and 3 stun cuffs to go from g8 to g12. If you buy a completed stun gun thats 2,541, so 5,082 crystals and we still need 3 carbs and 3 stun cuffs, so a other 1,400×6, or 8,400 crystals. 13,482 crystals for one character and that's not taking into account the gold pieces like eyeballs that kylo needs. If we're talking about buying our way to kylo you're looking at probably one vault per char just to get them to g12 so at a minimum your numbers need 12 more vaults.
  • Anybody else remember the days when you could completely max a new character from scratch for about $300? And we complained about how expensive that was?
  • Anybody else remember the days when you could completely max a new character from scratch for about $300? And we complained about how expensive that was?

$300 a character no one would ever pay that... Yet here we are years later debating if it's 5k or 15k for the new guys.
  • EA and CG just laugh at our naiveté.
  • Kingly
    43 posts Member
    edited October 2020
    JakDoe wrote: »
    muku654gs3ok.png

If you have the guts to wait patiently join a decent guild and keep focus on gearing first order then you can get him free but if you want him that badly id say around 10k dollars

Yes I sure remember 100 on cls and 200 on Dr. Halfway to slkr, it took 2.5 months ftp.