Ewok - Rebel Connection

TigerSpirit1917
174 posts Member
edited September 2020
I have a question... I can sort of understand why the Ewoks do not have the Rebel tag (even though they really should since they did fight against the empire). But why do the Rebels not have the ewok tag? They were made a part of the tribe, but only 3P0 has any synergy with them. Shouldn't the rebels then have a synergy with the Ewoks, much the same way that the Chewbacca/C3P0 hybrid is counted as a droid?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• There are many temporary alliances in galaxy-wide wars. Dooku fought side by side with Obi-Wan and Anakin. Both Obi-Wan and later Ahsoka briefly became Ventress' allies. The Nightsisters supplied Sidious' and Dooku's ranks with force-sensitive soldiers, etc. After 7 seasons of Clone Wars, you could add several factions to most characters from this era, but I imagine that would get confusing and cause a bunch of unforeseen interactions.
  • Tags are for game balance and not for Lore.
    And even if it were for lore this connection between Rebels and Ewoks would not stand its ground.

Partially true - Ahsoka's leader ability has Nightsister synergy which comes from the Clone Wars lore. When her kit was designed Devs actually cared about lore synergies but over time they needed to tweak things or some characters would just be way to overpowered with tons of faction tags.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    We haven't gotten Endor Leia, Han, or Chewie yet. As for Jedi Luke, he's not even a Rebel, and has synergy with Jedi, so we can't hold out any hope there.
  • Probably because they aren’t Ewoks? These “y thing no tag haz” threads are getting silly.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Great. Now relic 7 ewoks are needed for GL Luke
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    We haven't gotten Endor Leia, Han, or Chewie yet. As for Jedi Luke, he's not even a Rebel, and has synergy with Jedi, so we can't hold out any hope there.

Geez, how many versions of the same characters do we need?
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Probably because they aren’t Ewoks? These “y thing no tag haz” threads are getting silly.

"Getting"
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • @TVF

Consider the verb tense in "Bill Gates is getting obscene wealth." Maybe it's something like that?

But Endor Han is Cantina Han (the one we get from the rancor raid)
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Probably because they aren’t Ewoks? These “y thing no tag haz” threads are getting silly.

But how is chewie/3p0 a droid? C3P0 can't do anything disassembled, but theoretically you can use him with a general grievous leader, hk47 and ig88. I just asked the question since they were made a part of the tribe, and therefore "honorary ewoks". I didn't say they SHOULD or they MUST do it. Just asking why is the point of these forums.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    @TVF

Consider the verb tense in "Bill Gates is getting obscene wealth." Maybe it's something like that?

“Obscene”
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member

Consider the verb tense

Nope
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

But Endor Han is Cantina Han (the one we get from the rancor raid)

It’s more like New Hope Han. I mean “shot first” is tied to A New Hope.

So Endor Han should be General Han Solo, with a leadership.
  • I have a question... I can sort of understand why the Ewoks do not have the Rebel tag (even though they really should since they did fight against the empire). But why do the Rebels not have the ewok tag? They were made a part of the tribe, but only 3P0 has any synergy with them. Shouldn't the rebels then have a synergy with the Ewoks, much the same way that the Chewbacca/C3P0 hybrid is counted as a droid?

I get the droid thing. G. Grievous is a cyborg and he is tagged as a droid. It would make total sense that Darth Vader be tagged a droid, aswell. All his limbs are robotic, including his breathing and vocal apparatus. They couldve done that when they re-did Vader on Fathers Day.
  • Yoda_the_fast
    125 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    They honestly should have the rebel tag (not the rebels having the ewok tag), but I understand it's for game balance.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Ewoks are not Rebels, they were allied with the Rebels, that's as far as it goes.