Galactic challenges event [MERGE]

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I know it was the exhibition season still thought they would give us some indication when the next one would be

They will, when they figure out how long it will take to balance all the feedback and set up a schedule.

Honestly we may even see another round of "exhibition" or other "tesing" after this one.

But as soon as they know something,I'm sure they will inform us.
  • Who cares? Galactic challenges is boring and just a reskinned combination of galactic war and assault battles. You can up the rewards all you want it'll still be boring. Laziest content ever

This....

Its not fun. Its repedative and boring. Rewards dont make it better, modifiers take away from the replayability (without them it could be used as a sand box of sorts).

Feats and rewards need complete overhaul. And if its not fun those only make you play abit to gwt or decide your time isnt worth it.
  • I really liked it; it gave me what I expected: 5 to 30 minutes of fun, depending on puzzle (and if I had the factions geared enough). If it's every 2 days, it's enough for me. I prefer spending 10mn doing a real fight with a unique set up thanks to modifiers than spending 15mn repeating fights I repeat every month via Assault Battles.

However, one thing concerns me. The difficulty is tailored for a challenge with a team from a specific faction. So, if you have a GL and don't care about the Faction feat (because you don't have the toons), you can just steamroll the highest difficulty on auto. What would happen when Res or FO will be the star faction ? Will it be tailored for non-GL faction teams ? Then GL users will break the puzzle into pieces without thinking. A specific "without fielding a GL" feat with an extra reward would be nice, for instance. Or, will we have like an extra level of difficulty for GLs, a Tier-S of sort ? Because if it stays as it is now, GL owners will be bored when their strongest faction will be needed, which is kinda sad.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Well as a whale with a 7.5 million account I can just give a heads up to all other players.
    What I’m finding is all this useless gear is disappearing quicker the more characters I get to relic levels.
    So this gear is probably useless to F2P but to P2P it’s actually got purpose.
    I agree I would rather get stun guns and cuffs.
    My 2 cents.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Sewpot wrote: »
    Well as a whale with a 7.5 million account I can just give a heads up to all other players.
    What I’m finding is all this useless gear is disappearing quicker the more characters I get to relic levels.
    So this gear is probably useless to F2P but to P2P it’s actually got purpose.
    I agree I would rather get stun guns and cuffs.
    My 2 cents.

To be fair, the amount would need to be one or two orders of magnitude higher to make a dent in the relic farm. Or just skip the middle man and give us the relic mats.
  • Hello CG! GC have a lot of potential. Please consider these two ideas for future GC events.

1. Make a “practice” tier with whatever squad is the enemy for that GC, but at Relic 7 with no modifiers. That way we can practice counters. There would be no need for rewards for that particular tier. Just please let it be available without needing to beat the final tier.

2. Mini personal raids!!! Please, please, consider mini raids. Put a Terentatek in there and let us use our entire roster to take it down as if we were in the Pit raid. This would by far be the most exciting GC feature that could be added for me.
  • Well, considering it took them over 2 years to put out a reskinned Asault Battle, I would say you're asking them to punch up a few weight classes.

Although your suggestion makes a lot of sense, in no way would CG be able to deploy it. They don't possess the competency required to do it.
  • Hopefully if their new tools are as flexible as they say then they could. Maybe not the personal raid, unless they planned for it, but surely the practice tier. You can’t practice counters with the modifiers in play.

I have faith in you CG! You can do it, lol
  • I truly hope solo bosses, acklay style, are in the works for Galactic challenges. Even without unique il setting (adversary modifier would do the job, maybe the same one for all boss-like opponents to immune them to fracture and such) it would be a nice change of pace imo.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    I know it was the exhibition season still thought they would give us some indication when the next one would be

They will, when they figure out how long it will take to balance all the feedback and set up a schedule.

Honestly we may even see another round of "exhibition" or other "tesing" after this one.

But as soon as they know something,I'm sure they will inform us.

zf53pisa3hfi.gif
  • That would be the proper way to do it. Tweak several of the areas with the most gripes. Re-release on the 2-day schedule so another round of testing/feedback is done. Then do the official launch.
  • I've seen this mode used in other turn based game it seems popular for the devs but obviously ours needs better rewards and easier requirements .. also I think it would be cooler if it was all random
  • Best thing about this dumpster fire is that it is finally over.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Krashxxxx wrote: »
    Best thing about this dumpster fire is that it is finally over.

So don't play the next one.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I hope when the real thing drops they stay a little more in bounds with what the initially set out to do. Reading through all the comments here I think there is merit to a lot of the frustration, and there is some good that came out of this. I am hopeful that they really can adjust quickly to our feedback now, and I am appreciative that they even put this out there and let us all provide many points of view. (Disclaimer my GP is 8.1m and I was able to clear it fairly easy).

Pros:
    - It was something new
    - I can replay them when bored, and try to do it with something other than just a GL
    - Made me feel like having a random set of OR characters at r5 was useful :smiley:
    - they did make time adjustments, reward adjustments, and even responded at least once to our comments

Cons:
    - Rewards still made no sense for the smaller rosters
    - as a Galactic Challenge I expected it to be more or a new level of the Daily challenges with a bit more
    dynamic environment over just simming them, to which the rewards for content created years ago that
    required much less pay out better (it's like rancor giving better "crunch" gear than newer raids)
    - The modifiers would really be great to turn off (for no rewards), part of why I was excited was the ability to
    use my full roster and while I get that it is not the "sanbox" we are looking for it would at least make the
    encounters more relatable to a PVE fight I could glean some intel for when trying to apply it in GAC or TW

overall it's just another mod that will cycle its different, but I do think that if it is going to require that much dedication to a faction, team, or modding the rewards even if it is salvage stuff for relics etc.. should be on par. Why can it not give us an elevated version of the rewards from the daily challenges, and maybe add a Zeta in there for those newer players and older players who need another 12 for the upcoming GLs. It's a lot and those are still ever important.
  • According to my reading in this thread I try to summerize in brief what are the main problems about Galactic Challenge, hoping someone pay attention at CG.
    1. Gear geated feats. No comment, it's bad, really bad.
    2. Annoying modifiers. At least let it be able to turn off.
    3. Frustrating rewards. Daily challenge gear? Come on.
    4. Lack of new environments. Where is the sandstorm?
    5. Too big gap between non reliced Tier 4 vs reliced Tier 5 difficulty. And please, don't use "one shot" enemies.
    6. Lack of replayability. The opportunity is given, only the motivation is lacking.
    7. Lack of new content feeling. I don’t like the term "reskin", but this mode really didn’t live up to expectations. So far.
    Overall, this event shows me disappointment and lazy programming.
  • I have to admit that I’m really missing GC. Right now I would be running random squads testing them out, but I have nothing to do so I logged into a different game instead. I really need GC since we don’t have a sandbox mode. Come back GC.

Also eventually bring my mini raids in GC please. Let me battle a Sarlacc, Acklay or a Terentatek with my entire roster. C’mon, you know it’d be cool CG.
  • I didn't see anything about GC in the content update. Yet in game I saw that there is a new one soon. Has CG addressed GC yet?
  • Yes, no announcement and knowing cg's track record prolly nothing changed, they are just rerunning it. Surprise us cg.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Announcement might be tomorrow, and they didn't want to overshadow today's stuff
  • Prizes look like a step back, if that's possible.
  • baked_qft wrote: »
    Prizes look like a step back, if that's possible.

Did the feats show in the prizes last time? I think it’s just showing first time rewards, which looks like they added a little bit to. Hopefully the feat reward distribution is better.
  • feats are not shown in the preview reward tab
    so g12+ without feats would actually be a step up
    most likely 1 or 2 pieces i guess, but well
  • Is it an exhibition again this time?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Is it an exhibition again this time?

Crumb should have more information coming out today about GCs.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Anything yet?
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Anything yet?

Crumb hasn't posted yet, so I'm going to say "no."
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Dear Crumb

I appreciate galactic challenges and the effort that went in to making this event. As a player of the game since launch and a fan of what you do at CG.
    I have only 1 piece of feedback. I think it would be cool if for every tier of galactic challenges you have shards for an exclusive character. Example Jedi knight obi one, tier 1: 1 shard, tier 2: 2 shards, tier 3:3 shards and so on and so forth. You could make the character 145 shards much like the TB characters. This would provide a great challenge and motivation for this game mode. I understand this idea could look unprofitable but you could change difficulty to require a good level characters. This would allow you to keep the gear and add a motivation for end game players/whales. Thanks for all you do. Appreciate the work!

I hope we get some prequel content soon!!! I hope you get this message

Thanks