Why does GL Luke require 21 characters at relic 3+

Prev1345678
I thought the requirements were going to be 14 characters and a ship, not an additional 7 characters on top of it, sure Rey needed heroes journey Rey and BB8, but to get those 2 you only needed gear 8 and 9 characters, not relic 3,
Sure you are technically correct like bunch of lawyers that pat themselves on the back when they find loopholes, now go pat urself on the back

Replies

• Ultra
    11450 posts Moderator
    It’s still 15 units on both sides

The cost of acquiring a toon is never considered — hence it doesn’t matter if one side has 10 marquees whole the other has 3 or if one side has 11 legendaries and the other has none
  • These are absolute top-endgame characters.

If needing to relic 22 units is an issue, then these toons probably aren’t aimed at you.
  • Is it 15? I can see that it's listed as x/15 on journey guide, but I thought it's merely placeholder until full set is revealed. There was this disrepancy of different #s in the beginning too. I expect last set to still be 3 until we know otherwise.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    To you question, Why does GL Luke require 21 characters at r3: in short he doesn't. You are simply ignoring the gain of JKL.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    To you question, Why does GL Luke require 21 characters at r3: in short he doesn't. You are simply ignoring the gain of JKL.

In short yes it does, last time I checked you need 9 characters at relic 3 to get him, add the 15 you need to unlock GL Luke, remove the 2 that is shared between the JKL and GL Luke, that makes 22 characters

correct you need 9 to get JKL. that step is done, and a step in and of itself. and you are rewarded as such.

now you move onto a different goal JML, who needs 15 characters.
    if you run 2 races in the same day, even back to back, the length of the second race is still the same.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    If JKL was useless you might have a point. Emphasis on might. Since he's not useless, you don't.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno wrote: »

In short yes it does, last time I checked you need 9 characters at relic 3 to get him, add the 15 you need to unlock GL Luke, remove the 2 that is shared between the JKL and GL Luke, that makes 22 characters

correct you need 9 to get JKL. that step is done, and a step in and of itself. and you are rewarded as such.

if you run 2 races in the same day, even back to back, the length of the second race is still the same.

This is so myopic Mister McGoo is offering you his glasses.

JKL is GET1 locked behind Hoda/Wampa, and is ONLY THREE MONTHS OLD.
  • YetiYeti wrote: »

As I said earlier, if these things are an issue for you, the new GLs aren’t intended for you right now.

There are 2200+ JKLs on swgoh.gg - it’ll be much more than that this time tomorrow.
  • TVF wrote: »
    If JKL was useless you might have a point. Emphasis on might. Since he's not useless, you don't.

Yes true, he is not useless, infact he is great, I'm getting him, GL Luke too, just seems the price is bit steep, without knowing their kits and how they gonna perform in pve/pvp. So far papa Palpatine is so much cheaper compared to Luke, but he is LUKE, so I'm gonna farm him anyways

I mean we 'knew' Rey and Kylo's kits but then they changed Kylo's after he was released so one could argue you never really know the kit, even when CG releases it. They can change it on a whim.
  • Ultra
    11450 posts Moderator
    Yeah technically 15 units, in reality so far its 22 units

In reality it’s still 15
  • I thought the requirements were going to be 14 characters and a ship, not an additional 7 characters on top of it, sure Rey needed heroes journey Rey and BB8, but to get those 2 you only needed gear 8 and 9 characters, not relic 3,
    Sure you are technically correct like bunch of lawyers that pat themselves on the back when they find loopholes, now go pat urself on the back

Weirdly, gl Luke is easier to get for some players, because they already geared up those useful toons, because old meta, assault battles, raids and such.

So far, Luke is more veteran oriented, as it was stated by fellow forumers before.

The problem is the collecting aspect of this strategy game.

On a strategic point of vue, those asymetrical requirements are great, because they provide us meaningful choices.

On a collector point of vue, who wants a certain character just because he/she likes it, having it out of reach for now probably is frustraring though, because he/she can't hear 'go for palp, you'll get Luke next year', especially if he/she was ready to pay for it.

Hard to please everyone i guess :(

As I said earlier, if these things are an issue for you, the new GLs aren’t intended for you right now.

There are 2200+ JKLs on swgoh.gg - it’ll be much more than that this time tomorrow.

There was 3.5k jkls before this event where almost all of them was geared. This is the situation now and we are early in the event.

osogij8yjwpb.png
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    JTR requires 5 toons!
    Palps requires 5 rebel toons!
    R2-D2 need 5 empire toons!

Why? Cos it’s a different event so the JKL toons shouldn’t count.

And is one of the best chars in the game requiring another one of the best chars in the game (Vader) aswell as another 4 top tier chars (CLS, Chewie, 3PO, HY), a kinda outdated but still usable char (Wampa), a mediocre char that can be used however with MM (Lando - and JML says hi) and only 2 garbage chars (ROLO, CHS).
    And if gearing up a whole bunch of good/very good chars for JML is bothering you (despite it being an incredible cost/use ratio) so much you can still either go for one of the other GL's (Palp or the old ones) and probably be fine since CG said they'd be pretty much on the same power level. Even though the logical and smart thing to do right now is to save up all resoruces and wait for the first gameplay tests with the new GL's (and their ultimates!!) to see how they compete.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • They made it so then all the whales will work towards GL Luke (thinking that because he’s harder to get he will be the better GL)

Just for CG to buff Palpatine a month or so after to make Palpatine the better GL in most scenarios.

I’m looking at you Rey/Kylo
  • You could make an argument that GL Palp is more "expensive" in the fact that a lot of his requirements are going to not be used but affect your matchmaking.

Everyone required for Luke (So far) will definitely be usable in a pretty decent team.
  • WCT1313
    8 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Simply said -

Saying JML only needs 14 toons at relic levels is like saying Doctors only need four years of schooling.

If someone can explain how to get JML without a relic Wampa then I will change my mind.

Have a nice day
  • Ultra
    11450 posts Moderator
    WCT1313 wrote: »
    Simply said -

Saying JML only needs 14 toons at relic levels is like saying Doctors only need four years of schooling.

If someone can explain how to get JML without a relic Wampa then I will change my mind.

Have a nice day

Same way you can get SEE without rebels
  • Being uber technically speaking, to unlock GL Luke, you need at least 50 toons/ships.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/iq3a6j/full_requirements_for_gml_so_far_yep_thats_50/

j63yzhg55yzb.png
  • Ultra
    11450 posts Moderator
    I don't understand how GL Luke is the hardest toon to acquire that everyone is closest to somehow
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I don't understand how GL Luke is the hardest toon to acquire that everyone is closest to somehow

All a matter of your current perspective 🤷‍♂️
  • It's a GL so there is no worrying about not being ready for the event. You take one toon at a time even if it takes you 6 months to finish them all. The end result is a meta toon and, so far, all of the requirements are good to great toons that you would want to gear anyway. Not sure you can say that about Palp.
  • Ultra wrote: »

$$$
This discussion has been closed.