Jedi knight Luke question

yankeeh8er
604 posts Member
edited September 2020
In his kit when it refers to his base speed is that referring to his unmodded speed speed, or does that take mods into effect? For example let's say I mod my jkl to have 250 speed and then I go into arena. Will the enemies speed get lowered down to 250, or will their speeds be lowered down to jkl's base character speed without mods? I am trying to decide how to mod him and I am seeing conflicting information online.

Replies

• Base speed is meant to be speed without mods.
  • I'm pretty sure it's his speed without any mods.
  • Sheesh wrote: »
    Base speed is meant to be speed without mods.

Sorry. You answered a nanosecond before me.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    base speed includes mods.

base speed is the speed your character enters the battle with, before any abilities, buffs,debuffs, or unique are applied.
  • AlexanderG wrote: »
    Sheesh wrote: »

Great minds think alike 😉
  • Kyno wrote: »

base speed is the speed your character enters the battle with, before any abilities, buffs,debuffs, or unique are applied.

Crikey. I've played the game for years and had always assumed it was the initial speed allocated to a character without any mods or any other factors at work.
    AlexanderG wrote: »

Seemingly not!
  • AlexanderG wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Crikey. I've played the game for years and had always assumed it was the initial speed allocated to a character without any mods or any other factors at work.

See that is what I thought also but I saw people online saying it the way kyno was. Glad to get that cleared up.
    AlexanderG wrote: »

And yours too, apparently. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • So JKL’s Unique Zeta will make him faster than the speed his opponent’s speed is set to by his Leader ability?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    So JKL’s Unique Zeta will make him faster than the speed his opponent’s speed is set to by his Leader ability?

correct.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    It's very minor though, +2 each instance up to a max of +20.

EDIT: He also resets their speed when he takes a turn, so they'll gain it on his turn as well.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Still makes him faster then all the enemies that seems pretty good to me.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    See my edit.
  • If you had a question for JKL why didn't you just ask him instead of posting it on a forum?
  • If you had a question for JKL why didn't you just ask him instead of posting it on a forum?

?

Because that is why those forums exist?
  • A lot of JKL's TM comes mostly from his other Unique : 10% each time an ally Jedi (non OR) takes a turn, so with GMY that makes a lot
  • So how do we refer to the stat numbers before mods? Everyone has always referred to the unmodded stats as "base stats." That is even the way they are referenced on swgoh.gg as well. Jedi Luke was literally the first time I ever heard anyone call the post mod stats at the stary of battle the "base stats."
  • Yeah it is a really odd choice to call his stats after mods his base.
  • TVF wrote: »

EDIT: He also resets their speed when he takes a turn, so they'll gain it on his turn as well.

He resets their speed back to his base speed which is recorded at the start of the encounter. Why would they gain the bonus speed from his unique? It shouldn't be added to his base speed.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    V01D wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

He resets their speed back to his base speed which is recorded at the start of the encounter. Why would they gain the bonus speed from his unique? It shouldn't be added to his base speed.

Fair point, and maybe you're right, but this is also CG we're talking about. I don't think we actually know what happens.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Amrael wrote: »
    So how do we refer to the stat numbers before mods? Everyone has always referred to the unmodded stats as "base stats." That is even the way they are referenced on swgoh.gg as well. Jedi Luke was literally the first time I ever heard anyone call the post mod stats at the stary of battle the "base stats."

Base stats for a toon as seen on SWGOH are not the base stats of a toon entering a battle.

Base stats for a toon in battle have always been with mods, at the start of a battle before any other buffs/debuffs apply.
  • What do you call the stats a character gets from being level 85 and g13?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    What do you call the stats a character gets from being level 85 and g13?

Not sure who you are asking, but any in game reference to "base stats" is the same and always has been the character stats with mods at the beginning of a battle before buffs/debuffs, leads and uniques are applied.

Not sure who you are asking, but any in game reference to "base stats" is the same and always has been the character stats with mods at the beginning of a battle before buffs/debuffs, leads and uniques are applied.

If base stats are stats with mods what are stats without mods? It is so weird to me that my jkl has different base stats then everyone else's.
  • The description should be “base stats at start of battle” which would make the stats with mods more intuitive imo
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Gifafi wrote: »
    The description should be “base stats at start of battle” which would make the stats with mods more intuitive imo

True, but they have never had base X mean anything else when it's been used in the game.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

If base stats are stats with mods what are stats without mods? It is so weird to me that my jkl has different base stats then everyone else's.

The characters stats.

Not sure why that's weird, any character that has a reference to base stats uses different values for every player, unless they have the same mod value.

The characters stats.

Not sure why that's weird, any character that has a reference to base stats uses different values for every player, unless they have the same mod value.

Thanks clarifying the difference between “character stats” and “base stats”. It seems pretty obvious now but I have to admit I initially understood them to be the same. This is because “base speed” was unfamiliar and I interpreted “base” to mean “unmodified”. Since mods obviously modify stats, I concluded base stats referred to the character stats. I can see why using JKL’s character stat for his lead would be undesirable; it would be OP on the one hand and entirely predictable on the other. Thanks again.