Updated Galactic Challenge Feedback

Prev134567
TheJEFFtm
917 posts Member
edited September 2020
I, for one, am very pleased with the changes, Length, rewards, challenge level, accessibility all feel very much worth the effort, and appropriate to the task at hand.

For this one, I say Kudos to the team!

(One small improvement I would like to see regarding feat completion, if the “gear gate” is permanently gone - the undersized and mono-faction rewards should no longer be exclusive. As an example, with this current Challenge, if I were to complete Tier 7 with Rey, C3P0, R2D2, and BB-8, it should award all 3 feats - all members of the team are tagged Resistance, I have completed it short handed with 4 characters, and I had 3 light side Droid tagged characters. While not a huge deal, it just seems strange that if I can do it with 4 members of the faction, I now have to do it again with 5 members of the faction.)
Post edited by TheJEFFtm on

Replies

• I'll just assume we're still in exhibition.
  • We got slightly increased rewards in some tiers but the difficulty is straight-up ****. Classic CG, one step forward, two steps back...
  • 3 Day events? These really need to be pushed back to 2 days ATLEAST...
  • Josh712 wrote: »
    3 Day events? These really need to be pushed back to 2 days ATLEAST...

Ideally, 0 days and give us the new raid instead.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    I'll just assume we're still in exhibition.

0 communication from devs so can't say, exhibition closed beta, open beta, a finished product, one may never know

Yea, people will burn the place down and it will get changed again. So I'll just tag it exhibition till the thing is decent.
  • What level relics are needed to beat T5?! That's certainly a lot harder than in exhibition.
    Appreciate the rewards, though.
  • What level relics are needed to beat T5?! That's certainly a lot harder than in exhibition.

relic 8 but you can beat it with low relics with the right team. i beat tier 5 with gear 12 padme, c3po, r2, and relic 5 anakin, and kenobi.
    tier 6 and 7 i have no clue my relic 7 malak is 2 shot every time and he gets no chance to heal up.. padme team just dies instantly... idk what to use to beat it
  • The only complaint I have is the length. The removal of the gear/relic requirements is a HUGE plus. Many characters, such as the ones obviously intended to be used for this one (3PO) have next to no reason to even increase them past G13/relic 1, which was my biggest issue with the gear/relic requirements. I still feel like these should be daily - We have more than enough characters and more than enough grinds with 4 GLs for this to be a daily income increase, imo. But honestly, this feels good. Consistent increase of actually needed stuff, feats that reward investing in factions but doesn't require gearing literally pointless characters, more... interesting feats, (3 lightside droids is actually quite interesting, and future requirements could end up actually making them feel more like puzzles. As-is, you're basically just trading RH poe for R2 for a JTR team though.)

People are going to complain about this unless it's providing a full reliced character every day, so honestly, the rewards are constantly going to be complained about.
    I will say that I feel like a new currency probably WOULD be better, (and could even include some character shards that currently aren't in a store? hint hint - there's a lot of characters that are really difficult to farm these days that have suddenly become way more relevant, without actually being currently required for anything, like shoretrooper.) but personally, I'm fine with the rewards as-is. ...particularly if the crystals stay consistent. (which are something top arena players and whales, which seemingly make up most of the forum population, don't value properly at all.) - If we get these 2-3x/week, that's a pretty consistent increase to some of the hardest to get resources in the game currently, taking this GC into account. I'm 100% fine with that. Would I like even better? Yes. Of course. ...but is it NEEDED? ...no. It's not. Extra crystals and more top-end gear salvage from something that's only based off of your roster, not others', is great. It feels worth doing, and it's actually stuff that well, literally every player needs.

Would another raid give you more stuff? ...maybe. If it's tuned the same as STR. But that's not guaranteed. ..and STR rewards do kind of suck if you don't rank high, which is something that's entirely possible due to simply having chased a different GL, even as a high level player. Which is an issue GC doesn't have.
    Arena sucks if you happen to be behind on the current meta farm. Something that again, GC doesn't have an issue with. The way this new GC is balanced, works. It's good for lower end players, it's good for higher end players, it's enough to be worth doing for everyone, and yet not so overly good that it might risk cutting into certain margins and making future content even more of a grind.

It's basically what people around here have been asking for. Something to help with relics, and something to help with those Stun gun, Stun cuff, etc. grinds.

GCs will happen far more often than literally any other event type. If per-event, the rewards were the same, then OTHER events would be ridiculously underwhelming. That's why Assault battles still provide more. Frequency.
    Someone with a high-end roster will be able to consistently full-clear all 7 tiers of every GC. Even at 3 day durations, that's a pretty consistent bonus to your resource income... considering it's on top of everything you had before.

I'd love to see these be daily, personally, and get their own spot (and store), similar to normal challenges, but as-is? This is WAY better than the initial exhibition, and is definitely going in the right direction. I actually feel like bothering with trying to clear T7 this time, since I can actually get rewards regardless of which faction characters I use. Which is how it should've been, in all honesty.
  • It would be pretty decent income if they were 2-3x a week. But I'm very doubtful back to back we experienced in exhibition is how they are planning it. I expect these to be akin to assault battles in terms of schedule.
  • QuickGoneJim
    192 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    I dont know what to think about this.

Clearly they made it more faction specific because they removed the "all left standing" feat and added the light side droid feat. I dont have Rey but I think it could be fun doing this with Resistance. They removed the gear requirement feat which makes sense. But the challenge is harder now and we get less rewards.

So I just put in SLKR, Wat and LS droids, put medipack on SLKR and wait a couple of minutes. Dont even have to tap Auto. The Seps would just take turn after turn and kill everyone, including themselves - except for SLKR. He survives because of the medipack tech and the TM reduction. Then its GG vs SLKR and both have ridiculous health pools and I stun GG and chip away at him until he dies. I am lost for words to be honest.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    flux_rono wrote: »
    What level relics are needed to beat T5?! That's certainly a lot harder than in exhibition.

relic 8 but you can beat it with low relics with the right team. i beat tier 5 with gear 12 padme, c3po, r2, and relic 5 anakin, and kenobi.
    tier 6 and 7 i have no clue my relic 7 malak is 2 shot every time and he gets no chance to heal up.. padme team just dies instantly... idk what to use to beat it

Rey, BB-8, R2, C-3PO, RH Finn (for the droid feat) barely complete t5, Rey, RH bros, C-3PO, Holdo barely complete t6, nothing I know of beats t7.
    Edit: managed to beat t7 with Rey, GAS, GK, RH bros. Just barely and it took a few tries, more thanks to luck than anything else.
    Post edited by Nauros on
  • Nauros wrote: »
    flux_rono wrote: »
    What level relics are needed to beat T5?! That's certainly a lot harder than in exhibition.

Rey, BB-8, R2, C-3PO, RH Finn (for the droid feat) barely complete t5, Rey, RH bros, C-3PO, Holdo barely complete t6, nothing I know of beats t7.

Rey, 3PO, L3, R2 can do it.
  • I found it even less engaging and spent even less time on it than the first exhibition.
    Hopefully it’s just Sep droids but I have very little hope at all left for this extremely disappointing game mode.
  • Slkr can solo every phase
  • Droid feat tier 7 i went with malak. He took enough hits
  • QuickGoneJim
    192 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Slkr can solo every phase

Yes, most likely a bug. The sniper droid does not snipe. Its annoying. I thought my squad composition was a good. Now its just an unintended interaction. I also tested SLKR+KRU and both take 400k hits.
  • douja
    4 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Yeah the rewards are better but the gameplay is still awful. Going against pre loaded TM and juiced up stats just isn't fun or gratifying even if you beat it.
  • I beat t7 first try with Rey bros Holdo jtr
  • It's much better now. Rewards are better. The difficulty is better.
  • HokieFiend
    444 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    It didn't seem like t7 would be 3*'able when I first tried. For "fun" I tried GL Rey, JKL, JKR, GK and GAS and finally got 3* after about 10 minutes. TM swapped to JKL, stunned and prayed for the RNG after the stuns.

Rewards need to be better. This should've been an olive branch to the player base. Nobody is asking for fully crafted gear etc but they should give more salvage pieces of gear. Doubling what they are giving out and adding relic mats and much more g12+/finisher gear would be pretty solid and a start. People rely on HSTR for g12+ gear but we all know what a joke the rewards system is. In strong guilds, soloing the raid doesn't even guarantee you a top 10 stop. This could be a great source for that gear. I really wish they'd just revamp the rewards system. It's ridiculous that guildmates have to compete against each other for what is supposed to be a guild accomplishment... and only having top 10 able to get the gear is just complete garbage. Your only hope for stun guns is the Rancor raid which they know everybody sims. Stun guns rarely ever drop. HAAT rewards are just a flat out joke.

They claimed a long time ago they were going to relieve the gear crunch but I haven't seen it. If anything it's become worse. When they released relics, it was painfully obvious that Carbonite circuit boards were going to become an issue. Gear that people had accumulated for years is gone just like that.... yet another intentional wall that they put in. People are spending crystals just to buy the lowest tier relic mats.

GC is something to do I guess but still can't believe this was supposed to be great new content.
    Post edited by HokieFiend on
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I'm confused is it better or worse.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • So the rewards are bit better, especially if we're going to get a couple of these events each week. 15 shards of a character for the first 3 tiers is ok, although the actual gear being given is still gear that I have 100s/1000s of already. Tier 4 the gear gets better ... 8 mk5 stun guns was nice. After that, the gear also looks good but ...

While removing the specific relic requirements was good, the difficulty of Tiers 5+ seems to have been increased through the roof. In exhibition, I could use my fully R7 GAS/clone and/or R4-R7 DRevan team to beat some of the tiers even if I didn't have the faction toons to beat the feats. However, my fully R7 GAS/clone team is lucky to take out one separatist at Tier 5 ... same with my R4-R7 DRevan team, and an R3 Padme team with R7 GAS (I also tried the composition suggested above to no avail), and this was ignoring droids and the feats to and just try and beat the tier. I currently only have three relic'd resistance team members (JTR [R5], BB8 [R6], C3PO [R3]), so I'm ok with not being able to complete the resistance-team feat at Tier 5 but the fact that a full R7 GAS/clone team can't even make a dent at Tier 5 seems to indicate that the difficulty has been dramatically increased to, presumably, make up for the removal of the previous relic requirements.

Also, 3 days seems too long for the event ... under the assumption that these events are going to run all the time or with a day off in between. I got through Tiers 1-4 easily ... then Tier 5 is a wall that I can't even get close to completing.

So, I spent about an hour trying different teams just trying to beat tier 5 ... forgetting the feats ... without even getting close. I don't know what the expectations are to beat tier 5, but I'm clearly not even close using one of the best non-GL teams in the game ... even when my event 'recommended' tier is VII. If the resistance synergy/droids are needed to finish the feats at Tier 7, that's fine ... but being unable to even dent Tier 5, in general, with any team seems ridiculous. I'm ok spending the time to try and 'solve the puzzle' and beat some tiers, but when the difficult appears to be artificially ramped up enough that I can't beat Tier 5 ... why keep spending the time to try and figure out how to get one of the feats.

In the end, while the gear is better, the overall gameplay is still disappointing. Tiers 1-4 were easy ... then the difficulty jump to Tier 5 seems incredibly high. Also, the original intent of a game mode to use all of our toons and have an interesting experience to replay the event still isn't there. In my opinion, this is just another event to play, get the gear and move on ... if I thought there was 'hope' to beat another tier and/or feat, I might keep trying ... but, if after an hour, it's clear I hit a wall ... there's no point to keep wasting time.

Hopefully there will still be some tweaks made to the game mode.
  • Is there a basis for always running gcs that I'm missing?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    People are hoping.

Or they're basing it on the original discussion of tying it to dallies, which was dropped.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I was able to at least beat t7 for all the previous ones
    But I can't get a single turn on tier 5. I tried my jkl team with a 323 speed Yoda and my team is long dead before I get 1 turn. Feels like we traded the gear check on the higher rewards for a galactic legends check instead.