GAC Matchmaking (players not setting teams on D and inactive players)

westenger
138 posts Member
edited September 2020
i m wondering something, lets see if someone can help me with this. The last 3 rounds of GAC (rounds 2 and 3 of the last event and round 1 of the current one) i have had the other player not set any teams (in which case random teams are automatically deployed, but with no synergy whatsoever)
but i checked and those people still play the game (less than 24 hours since last active). my question is why does it seem like people dont try at GA anymore? or is it coincidence that this has happened 3 times in a row?
also, if people quit the game (like i did for over a year, I just came back to the game around 2 weeks ago) are they put into a group of 8 too? because I checked the other 7 players that I got matched with and all of them had less than 24 hours since last active.
If I go to swgoh.gg and check my GAC history I see that for the events on 11/08 and 25/08 I get the message "There is either no data for this GAC, or our servers are having trouble retrieving the data." I understand that is because I had quit playing.
But when I checked the swgoh.gg profiles of my opponents they do have history of those GA events.

Can someone enlighten me? It doesn't affect my experience of the game, but I don't understand how the matchmaking works in these situations and now that I realized it irks me not knowing how.

Thanks in advance

Replies

• * a GAC consists of four week-long GAs
    * each player has to click Join within the 24-hour signup window of each GA in order to participate in it
    * only players who signed-up for that GA will be matched into brackets of 8
    * some people just don't care for GA but still choose to sign up and do nothing for minimal rewards
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    * a GAC consists of four week-long GAs
    * each player has to click Join within the 24-hour signup window of each GA in order to participate in it
    * only players who signed-up for that GA will be matched into brackets of 8
    * some people just don't care for GA but still choose to sign up and do nothing for minimal rewards

Ah, that explains all my doubts, well except why people don't play GA... to me is the best mode of the game.
    To each his own I guess.

Thanks!!!