Updated Galactic Challenge Feedback

Replies

• TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    I really enjoyed the comment claiming rewards are worse now. Good stuff.

For the last two tiers, it did get worse in terms of gear. The crystals are nice but the full resistance team is going to need GL Rey to even stand a chance. I think that deserves better rewards given the investments she needs

1) No relic locked gear. Massive improvement, and frankly the list could stop right here.
    2) More crystals. Improvement.
    3) More shards. Improvement (especially if you need RH Poe).
    4) Complaining about the last two tiers makes no sense
    4a) If you can do them all then all that matters is the total gear, which is improved.
    4b) If you can't do them all, then it's an even bigger improvement.

1.) I said that was a positive in a previous post.
    2.) I said that was nice but isn’t too valuable in comparison to the lost gear.
    3.) already said this was good in a previous post.
    4.) How does it not? Saying that the rewards went down while difficulty went up isn’t a valid complaint?
    4a/b) Taking away from the top gear is not an improvement on the last 2 tiers which was my main point. The lower tiers got better rewards yes. However the higher tiers did not. Idk why the cynicism is necessary over legitimate feedback lol
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    JYD wrote: »
    "We want to create a game mode for you to use your whole roster." What the really mean is "Here's a game mode that you will need to have a Galactic Legend to complete."

Or maybe what they really mean is "you can use your whole roster, and that's why there is more than one tier."
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @yankeeh8er that's helpful. I'm asking what works. I don't have a GL or GAS hence why I said "don't include" them. Then I listed my teams with the most G13/Relics that all get completely obliterated, most of the time without even killing more than one of the droids.

I have managed to beat Tier 5&6 with Padme. Pretty close on Tier 7, just need the time to get the right RNG.

I tried for a while on tier 6 with r7 padme r7 gk r7 jka r5 c3po and g12 r2 and there is no hope at all. The droids just take so many attacks they wear me down no matter what. I seriously can't believe that someone's take away from the exhibition was that they needed to make the events way harder.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    The rewards are adjusted for 3 day period

So that’s 10 GCs a month and if the rewards are the same, we are talking about 80 stun guns each month

If the duration was 2 days the rewards would be less (15 GC per month = ~5 stun guns every two days)

They did cut out some finishers and kyros but alleviated the early crunch (cuffs / carbs / guns) leading up to g12 which is good enough imo

This is true but they can adjust accordingly. They can also boost up the first time completions on later tiers with the lower relic gear like from cantinas. So T6 can reward 10 of the fragmented signal data and 5 of the incomplete signal data for first time rewards. T7 can reward 5 flawed signal data and some zimbidle cards and electronium conductors

Crumb said the GC rewards is to help with the early gear grind to get to g12

Makes sense then which is fine. If that’s the case then I think the rewards still need more kyros and other gear grind pieces needed. They’re on the right track which is nice but given the difficulty of the event fromT5 on it would be nice to see a bit more of that progression gear then. An extra stun gun/carb/mk8 eyeballs per week wouldn’t hurt the economy at all. And I mean just one of those. Not one of each per week. They could alleviate it more in the daily challenges but that’s another story lol
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member

For the last two tiers, it did get worse in terms of gear. The crystals are nice but the full resistance team is going to need GL Rey to even stand a chance. I think that deserves better rewards given the investments she needs

1) No relic locked gear. Massive improvement, and frankly the list could stop right here.
    4a) If you can do them all then all that matters is the total gear, which is improved.

4.) How does it not? Saying that the rewards went down while difficulty went up isn’t a valid complaint?
    4a/b) Taking away from the top gear is not an improvement on the last 2 tiers which was my main point. The lower tiers got better rewards yes. However the higher tiers did not. Idk why the cynicism is necessary over legitimate feedback lol

How is it cynicism?

So you agreed with me on two points, one of which is by far the most important. There was nothing worst than having four R7 and one G12 in a faction and being unable to do the upper tier feats.

On the crystal vs gear thing I'd like you to explain how it's not too valuable on a crystal/gear basis. I want numbers. Otherwise it's just feels.

Can you even total up what gear was lost? Can you stack it up side-by-side with what was gained?

You ignored my point on #4 entirely. If you can't beat the upper tiers, having some rewards shifted to lower tiers is an absolute improvement. If you can beat the upper tiers, it doesn't matter at which tiers the rewards are gained whatsoever.
    "We want to create a game mode for you to use your whole roster." What the really mean is "Here's a game mode that you will need to have a Galactic Legend to complete."

Or maybe what they really mean is "you can use your whole roster, and that's why there is more than one tier."

Tier 4 took about 30 seconds with resistance. No team on my roster gets more than a few turns on tier 5 and as I stated in my post I'm not about to spend hours retrying it and hoping RNG goes my way. So yeah, I could use my whole roster to kill tier 4 over and over again..what fun that would be.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member

Tier 4 took about 30 seconds with resistance. No team on my roster gets more than a few turns on tier 5 and as I stated in my post I'm not about to spend hours retrying it and hoping RNG goes my way. So yeah, I could use my whole roster to kill tier 4 over and over again..what fun that would be.

Try Jawas on tier 4.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    I was supposed to get some stun guns for Tier 4 underdog but I end up with different gear, 3 x MKV Arakyad Droid Caller Salvage. So a bug?

@Kyno
    Post edited by khdelboy on
  • Finally managed T5 with this:

x7cim2i9h3iq.png

Best part? Absolute garbage rewards because they count for none of the feats. So worth it!!!
  • Cg good job removing the trash rewards.
    Good job removing the gear gate nonsense.
    Great job making it easier to get good rewards without needing a particular team

Bad job making this event last 3 days, this needs to be 2 absolute max. Additionally rewards need to be upped in number. While the TYPE of rewards are good we need more, especially with an event that lasts 3 days.
    Bad job in making a puzzle. One of couple of things needs to happen. Either expand the feats to allow different teams, outside of the faction that gets bonuses, to be able to net rewards. Or improve the rewards greatly for just beating a tier. Currently there's no puzzle element that's meaningful. Either you have the faction that gets bonuses and you get good rewards or you don't and can't get really good rewards. This wouldn't be a problem if the stated goal was to make a puzzle, and encourage us to use our rosters. I'm fine with missing out on some rewards, I chose to focus on factions other than resistance, HOWEVER, this is supposed to be a puzzle for our full roster not just the single faction of the day. It kills the puzzle element, and the theory crafting part, there's little point because your won't get rewarded for it.
    Bad job replayable content, I know it's unlikely but I'd really appreciate a mini sandbox mode where you can turn off the modifiers (and subsequently the rewards) and then choose enemy squad from that gcs enemy faction list. It would be a great compromise for the many people who want a sandbox mode and it would lump it in with a more you guys feel will make you money.

Up the rewards, shorten the duration and this will be a solid new way to get more gear, expand the feats to encourage using different parts of the roster to get good rewards and this will be a fun way to theory craft for a short while, provide some content in the form of quasi sandbox and this will be actual, you know, content which will be a longterm success.
    Finally managed T5 with this:

x7cim2i9h3iq.png

I decided to read this thread before trying the two teams I haven't used yet on the seemingly unwinnable tier V, NS and FO.
    Several points made in the thread that I would have made too, so thanks for saving me the typing.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Pretty ridiculous that it's an RNG fest with them too. G12+1 Zombie, G11+4 Talia. Relic other three. Just kept resurrecting, which starts the DoTs over fresh, meanwhile GG & Co have 8-12 each and just start falling out of their rocking chairs.
  • Personally, my only concern is that the reward does not match the difficulty. I have a great sith team with DRevan(R6), Vader(R7), Palp(R7), Malak(R6), Fallen (R3) where I can add KRU (R7), Lobster(R5) or HK47(R7) and I am getting one-shoted at tier 6 and tier 7, often 2-3 toons killed before my first attack(my speed are over 300).

I can complete the level, but not a single feat for T6, T7. It **** that we clearly need a GL to get those feats.
  • I tried the last two teams I mentioned, still failed at tier V. I'm done trying, I will not be playing this event until it resets.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • I agree with a lot rewards could be better.
    Earning 1 gear piece after a month of farming the event (if you can do it) seems ridiculous to me.
    If they want to help people reach gear 12, i think making it 10-15 of each gear piece could be better. In 1-2 weeks you can have a full peice and it really should break too much.

Just keep gear 12>13 and relic level the real grind. Let gears 7-11 become easier to obtain finally.
  • HokieFiend wrote: »
    It didn't seem like t7 would be 3*'able when I first tried. For "fun" I tried GL Rey, JKL, JKR, GK and GAS and finally got 3* after about 10 minutes. TM swapped to JKL, stunned and prayed for the RNG after the stuns.

Rewards need to be better. This should've been an olive branch to the player base. Nobody is asking for fully crafted gear etc but they should give more salvage pieces of gear. Doubling what they are giving out and adding relic mats and much more g12+/finisher gear would be pretty solid and a start. People rely on HSTR for g12+ gear but we all know what a joke the rewards system is. In strong guilds, soloing the raid doesn't even guarantee you a top 10 stop. This could be a great source for that gear. I really wish they'd just revamp the rewards system. It's ridiculous that guildmates have to compete against each other for what is supposed to be a guild accomplishment... and only having top 10 able to get the gear is just complete garbage. Your only hope for stun guns is the Rancor raid which they know everybody sims. Stun guns rarely ever drop. HAAT rewards are just a flat out joke.

They claimed a long time ago they were going to relieve the gear crunch but I haven't seen it. If anything it's become worse. When they released relics, it was painfully obvious that Carbonite circuit boards were going to become an issue. Gear that people had accumulated for years is gone just like that.... yet another intentional wall that they put in. People are spending crystals just to buy the lowest tier relic mats.

GC is something to do I guess but still can't believe this was supposed to be great new content.

You get almost 40 high demand salvage, if you can do all of the feats. Plus mod slicing stuff, mods, and shards. Rewards are good for a solo event, just spread out over 4 here and 3 here and 8 here. Very comparable to the assault battles now.
  • Melkor2002
    17 posts Member
    edited September 2020

Delete
    Post edited by Melkor2002 on
  • Beat tier 7 with Rey, OG Finn, Rose, R2 and JTR.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Rose!

Now that's using all of your roster.
    Rose!

Not so useless anymore
    Rose!

That defense up buff, lol.
  • TLDR
    Those with GLs vote : 👍

Those without GLs vote: 👎👎👎

How is it cynicism?

So you agreed with me on two points, one of which is by far the most important. There was nothing worst than having four R7 and one G12 in a faction and being unable to do the upper tier feats.

On the crystal vs gear thing I'd like you to explain how it's not too valuable on a crystal/gear basis. I want numbers. Otherwise it's just feels.

Can you even total up what gear was lost? Can you stack it up side-by-side with what was gained?

You ignored my point on #4 entirely. If you can't beat the upper tiers, having some rewards shifted to lower tiers is an absolute improvement. If you can beat the upper tiers, it doesn't matter at which tiers the rewards are gained whatsoever.

No I didn’t ignore point 4. You actually ignored my point. I have no issue with changes to tiers 1-4. I actually applaud them. Fair difficulty with fair rewards which include bottleneck gear as well as high value character shards.
    T5 difficulty ramps up way too much in my mind and in this round you need a GL Rey to have a chance to get the feats done which is dumb. They need to tune the difficulty better. The difficulty ramped up in T6 an T7 while the rewards did not and actually got worse.
    As for your numbers, look to the shops. You get 50 crystals for beating it with a full squad of resistance. Kyro’s go for about 28 crystals a piece in the shop (15 for 420 crystals). So that means we get the equivalent of 1.89 kyros. I’d prefer 10 kyros for such a completion considering the difficulty and would adjust accordingly for T7 as well. The same goes for other gear like cuffs, guns, carbs etc.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member

How is it cynicism?

No I didn’t ignore point 4. You actually ignored my point. I have no issue with changes to tiers 1-4. I actually applaud them. Fair difficulty with fair rewards which include bottleneck gear as well as high value character shards.
    T5 difficulty ramps up way too much in my mind and in this round you need a GL Rey to have a chance to get the feats done which is dumb. They need to tune the difficulty better. The difficulty ramped up in T6 an T7 while the rewards did not and actually got worse.
    As for your numbers, look to the shops. You get 50 crystals for beating it with a full squad of resistance. Kyro’s go for about 28 crystals a piece in the shop (15 for 420 crystals). So that means we get the equivalent of 1.89 kyros. I’d prefer 10 kyros for such a completion considering the difficulty and would adjust accordingly for T7 as well. The same goes for other gear like cuffs, guns, carbs etc.

You are talking difficulty, not rewards. I already explained why this is better whether you can beat those tiers or not. Since you are still ignoring what I said (or maybe not understanding it) I give up.

You need to do the math on everything, not just kyros.
  • The gear is more spread out but overall it is worse. The days at 3 could be 2 or 1 in my opinion. Changing the buff from Empire to Resistance is different but not new.

Where are the graphics? Why not show the sandstorm effect? Have some sort of cut scene. New backgrounds? After months of them talking about this it looks graphically like a they spent a week throwing this together. How is this new?

The entire mode is "forgettable". When it is not there I don't miss it at all.

Maybe we will get improvements to the game in 2021. 2020 is horrible globally. It may as well be for SWOGH as well.
  • 3 days is a bit overkill for these, 24 hours should be enough overall. I still don't understand how they recommend tier 6 for me and I keep getting destroyed in tier 5 with any squad I put in. Just get rid of that part altogether. Otherwise it is still basically 15 minute, one round Assault Battles and kind of boring.
  • Jppc wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Jppc wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    I'm confused is it better or worse.

It’s both. Feats are better while rewards are worse.

Disagree about the rewards, they have improved. However the difficulty...it has scaled much more.
    I was almost thinking that CG had made something good then boom couldn’t win tier 5 with a reliced padme team, or DR team or GAS team. They made it insanely harder (now they have so much speed, so much damage and health/prot pool)

Disagree on your disagreeing with my disagreement of the rewards.

2 of each kryo at t7 is insulting. The rewards do not reflect the difficulty.

4 carbs at t7? How is this supposed to be “more impactful” then a new raid? At least the raid offer a chance at a full piece.

2 of each kyro seems bad. However, 8 stung guns, 4 kyros (each), 4 golden eye, 8 stun cuffs, 2 finishers, 4 carbs and 175 crystals? Pluss 15 shards? Great rewards! Yeah, it’s hard, I couldn’t finished the event, but the rewards are great. Even more if the schedule is 2 or 3 events like the one we are having a week. The difficulty is overturned, it’s a challenge after all.

175 crystals are the same, less kyros and g12 finishers. At least some stun cuffs, but if you can beat alredy higher teams, i would need more kyros than those
    Ok so what team comps work that don't include a GL or GAS?

I've tried CLS (who could beat every other event including T7 except I think the GR one), First Order, Sith/Empire mix, and Resistance. All get curb stomped. All have several at R5+, all have excellent mods.

Nightsisters with Wat can beat T7 if your Daka is a high enough relic. I did it with Daka lead (R6), Assaj (R5), Talzin (G12), Zombie (G12), Wat (G12). Put Wat's shield generator on Daka then just keep resurrecting until the other team dies from DOTs. There's some RNG but it's doable.

^^^ This is likely the precise reason why they didn't go crazy with upping the rewards just yet.
  • @twstdbydsn
    I still don't understand how they recommend tier 6 for me and I keep getting destroyed in tier 5 with any squad I put in.

They recommend you spend money until you can beat T6.