Help a noob

I’m about a week into this game and was going to run a Jedi team that I am quickly realizing may be a waste of rss.

Seems like Phoenix or Geo is what most say to start with and I’m wondering if that’s still pretty relevant?

Also my ally code is 139-446-215. If you are a higher lvl player and don’t mind giving me a spot to help please send me an invite. (Or share your code). Any tips/help greatly appreciated!!

Replies

• The Jedi team I can have quickly is Jedi Con, Ashoka, Mace, old Ben and Jedi Anakin. I’d replace one with Bastia as soon as I can get her. Being I’ve started towards this should I stick with it or change being I’m only a week or so in?
  • TheMaster12345
    607 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Do you have a swgoh account? It is way easier to assess your characters if you have one.

I would go phoenix or geo. It depends on what you want. Geo is a good squad and unlocks padme. Phoenix unlocks thrawn and palp which can be used to unlock r2 D2 which can be used to unlock CLS.

Also, in the future you should replace Jedi Con with Bastila if you are using Bastila for your arena squad for now.
  • Anakin, Ahsoka and Old Ben would be useful long-term, Mace and Consular you would leave behind.

If you stick with Jedi, you will want to
    * get 5 of them up to 5-star ASAP to unlock Grand Master Yoda (EzPz event!)
    * farm Bastilia Shan to lead them as soon as you can reach her node
    * drop Mace and later Consular
    * work towards Jedi Knight Revan and Jolee Bindo

Endgame Jedi squad is typically JKR lead,.Bastilia,.Jolee,.GM Yoda + 1. Anakin and Ahsoka will go to Padme squad eventually. Old Ben can be useful with Jedi or Rebels.

Or you could switch gears and farm Separatist Geos and Droids to unlock Padme with a mashup squad under Nute lead and use Geos in fleet.

I would not recommend a Phoenix squad start at this point. It's not a very competitive path.

• Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Anakin, Ahsoka and Old Ben would be useful long-term, Mace and Consular you would leave behind.

If you stick with Jedi, you will want to
    * get 5 of them up to 5-star ASAP to unlock Grand Master Yoda (EzPz event!)
    * farm Bastilia Shan to lead them as soon as you can reach her node
    * drop Mace and later Consular
    * work towards Jedi Knight Revan and Jolee Bindo

Endgame Jedi squad is typically JKR lead,.Bastilia,.Jolee,.GM Yoda + 1. Anakin and Ahsoka will go to Padme squad eventually. Old Ben can be useful with Jedi or Rebels.

Or you could switch gears and farm Separatist Geos and Droids to unlock Padme with a mashup squad under Nute lead and use Geos in fleet.

I would not recommend a Phoenix squad start at this point. It's not a very competitive path.

OP should still farm phoenix for thrawn and palp. But they might not use it to start.
  • Thank you both for the input!!!
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Also, quit putting resources in to counsular as soon as you can. You quickly outgrow the need for his weak healing ability; there are many characters that aren't even necessarily labelled as healers that give passive healing which is much better.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    Also, quit putting resources in to counsular as soon as you can. You quickly outgrow the need for his weak healing ability; there are many characters that aren't even necessarily labelled as healers that give passive healing which is much better.

This is such good advice. Both stopping putting in resources to consular and understanding that other characters have really good passive healing abilities. Phoenix team is a great example. Under Hera's lead, Chopper heals the team when it's their turn and Kanan allows the team to heal when they get a debuff. Neither are healers. This is why they're a great team for Galactic War, giving you GW tokens to use either on some valuable characters and ships or convert to shard shop currency for gear, when you get to that point.
  • crzydroid wrote: »

Any suggestions on a Jedi to go after to replace consular?
  • Well GMY can be unlocked at 5* so depending on how close that is that would be one option. Others could be Ezra or Kanan who in addition to being Jedi are Phoenix so pull double duty there. Of the two Ezra is the better one although eventually you will want a bit into Kanan for unlocking Thrawn.
  • Kev528 wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »

Any suggestions on a Jedi to go after to replace consular?

Ezra
  • I think phoenix is still the best early team. Thrawn is an awesome character. You will want him later. And farming a crap team like phoenix after level 85 sucks. Also, like others said, it will make galactic war much easier, which helps you grow early. It also gives you two Jedi for gmy. It also can unlock palpatine. As you progress in the game, Vader is given to you, as well as tarkin and tie fighter pilot. So you will have the basic empire team as well that you can replace phoenix with for squad arena
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Ezra and Kanan are better replacements for Mace and Consular. To repeat what others have said, these two run triple duty as being part of Phoenix for Thrawn, Jedi for Yoda, and Rebels for Palpatine.

Anakin and Ahsoka are good under Padme, and Old Ben is required for Commander Luke (as well as now Galactic Legend Luke).

If you have your heart set on a Jedi team, they aren't really competitive early on, but there are some better Jedi characters available later on if you want to wait. However, if you don't want to play competitively and have the long term patience to play casually, I would at least go for Grand Master Yoda (who can be useful on the right team down the line anyway). You don't need more than gear 8 (maybe even less with the characters you have--I did it with worse ones). You will just need to 7-star them to get 7-star Yoda.
  • I personally think that Geonosians is a better way to go, but IF you're going Jedi, I agree with others that you should invest in Ezra & Kanan right away, dump Consular & Mace, and farm Bastila & Jolee ASAP.

Your winning strategy will be to get Grand Master Yoda & throw every piece of gear on that one toon. In early game, GMY can solo whole squads, mowing them down with the enemy getting hardly a turn. Assist callers that allow you to choose Yoda to call - which fortunately includes Ezra, Bastila & Jolee - allows you to ignore their own anemic offense while you use your concentrated resources on GMY to do the damage. By the time everyone has had a single turn, you can have killed one or two of the enemy and helped the survivability of your squad by spreading foresight (even before zetas are available you can do this by picking your targets carefully.

Again, I'm a fan of Geos as a starting squad, but one thing that advice threads frequently forget to mention is that this game is a LONG series of smaller actions building up characters so as to be able to participate in more and more different events & activities.

Because you will have to take some actions repeatedly over a long period of time (such as simming the same node over nd over to get shards of a character you need), this can easily, EASILY become more work than fun. If it becomes work, you'll quit (and you should - this doesn't earn you any money, if it's not fun there's no reason to stick around).

Of course, if you quit, then you'll never reach that goal you set.

So the very first rule is that, even when people give you great advice on the most efficient path to your goal, you should be wiling to chuck out any advice that makes the game more work than fun.

Any time you're presented with 2 options, one that is efficient and one that is fun, choose the fun. There's no other reason to be here.

And that absolutely includes any advice that I give you personally. Nothing I say is so wise or valuable that you should stop having fun to follow it.
  • MasterSeedy always gives the "have fun" advice...and MasterSeedy is always spot on with it. This should be a fun game, not a chore and not something you come back to the forums to complain about every day.
  • Great advice thanks!! The more I look into what end game toons i want the more I realize how much of a grind it will take to get there. Seems like whatever path you choose early you’re still going to have to take 10 more to get the teams you want. I’m just going to enjoy playing and do what feels right at the time. Thanks again for the great advice all
  • The only time to use Consular or Mace is if you happened to get quite a few free shards & they are 5* for Yoda but your "good" Jedi are not yet 5*.

I used Consular since my Bastila wasn't high enough then I got Yoda.

The best early Jedi to farm for are Ezra/Kanan (Phoenix), Old Ben (Luke), & Ahsoka (Padme) team.

I think Phoenix is better early since it gets you early access to the Event characters that are beatable with G7-9.

Geo's are good & all but beating Padme is going to take G11 average & you can't do it till L85.

Better to get the events that give you good characters at L60 like Yoda & Palpatine which Phoenix qualifies partially or fully for.