Why no comms on Galactic Challenges

So firstly there appear to be some good changes made to Galactic Challenges...

But are they just addicted to negative feedback... Where is the communication about the changes. If it's today then it's already 12+ hours since the changes have gone live in game so that's 24 hours late.

And yes I am aware they have talked to their pet podcasters but that should be to give greater clarity and expansion and not basic information which we all need.

Literally a day late and a dollar short.

I am not mad just disappointed.
Be prouder in your product and tell us when things like this happen.

Replies

• TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Adamklark wrote: »
    I lagg hard because constant DoTs or aoe from enemy team idk.. I can't complete this way

So you're saying DoTs are preventing a Crumb post?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • That was a good one
  • TVF wrote: »
    Adamklark wrote: »
    I lagg hard because constant DoTs or aoe from enemy team idk.. I can't complete this way

So you're saying DoTs are preventing a Crumb post?

Every time crumb comes out of his cube to make a post 20 dots stack on him and he has to go back.
  • That was not a good one
  • Galactic challenges are unoriginal and boring.
    What exactly are they going to talk up?
    Better rewards for early tiers and worse for the later tiers?
  • This isn’t new. They’ve always been bad at communication and still will be. Won’t stop use from criticism over their failure at the absolute most basic principles of customer relations, but would still be nice if they could post something and not be radio silent constantly.
  • Remember when ppl were excited to have a look at the new mode because they thought it will be a daily thing to do,they will have fun and they were hoping for fully crafted g12 gear as a reward
  • I don’t get all the negativity. Rewards are just fine now. Stuff adds up over time. That’s the way the game works. Lots of little drops in the bucket from lots of different sources. If you’re able to add an extra stun gun to your roster every month or so as a result of GC, that’s a major win.
  • Calo_Nord wrote: »
    I don’t get all the negativity. Rewards are just fine now. Stuff adds up over time. That’s the way the game works. Lots of little drops in the bucket from lots of different sources. If you’re able to add an extra stun gun to your roster every month or so as a result of GC, that’s a major win.

Without an announcement, there's not much reason to think gcs will be running nonstop.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    Calo_Nord wrote: »
    I don’t get all the negativity. Rewards are just fine now. Stuff adds up over time. That’s the way the game works. Lots of little drops in the bucket from lots of different sources. If you’re able to add an extra stun gun to your roster every month or so as a result of GC, that’s a major win.

Without an announcement, there's not much reason to think gcs will be running nonstop.

I agree confirmation of the schedule moving forward would be nice. I would speculate it will run in seasons with similar cadence as the exhibition round and that rewards will rotate with each planet so you might not get gear x (eg stun gun salvage) every time.

Crumb from the "Galactic War Report":

Galactic Challenges

-They think the 3 day period works best and will be trying it for a while.

-He seems to imply they like the new rewards system and will probably be keeping it.

-They will be looking to add new Galactic Challenges monthly, with Hoth and Coruscant coming soon.
    So it looks like we're going to have 3 day GC's with the rewards that we see right now. A 3 day time period is way too long for me. The point of GC's is to have something new to do every day imo and the event can be completed in a very short time. Making it a 1 day event would be perfect, at maximum make it 2 days - and that was the general feeling of the community I think, 1-2 day run time. So CG ignored that.
    The rewards would be a bit better if it was said 1-2 day run time, for a 3 day event they're (still) bad. We could also need relic materials - both scavenger stuff aswell as signial data. The constant demand for relic 3-7 chars to unlock char XY is just crazy.
    Last but not least the game mode isn't very fun (for me). I defnitely expected something else from it and there's zero creativity going on. Why not let us chose/add different modifiers from a big pool of modifiers and base the amount of rewards we get on how many of those modifiers are applied to the enemy team (and therefor making it way tougher to beat)? A similar system can be found in the game "Path of Exile" and it's map system where you get better stuff the harder you create your own level (up to the point where monsters can just 1-shot you). Just some creativity..I mean they had sooo long to come up with something and we got THIS....
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Legend91 wrote: »

Galactic Challenges

-He seems to imply they like the new rewards system and will probably be keeping it.

-They will be looking to add new Galactic Challenges monthly, with Hoth and Coruscant coming soon.

is that a podcast? I haven't heard about any of this but maybe that's because I don't listen to podcasts about video games :joy:

Galactic Challenges

So it looks like we're going to have 3 day GC's with the rewards that we see right now. A 3 day time period is way too long for me. The point of GC's is to have something new to do every day imo and the event can be completed in a very short time. Making it a 1 day event would be perfect, at maximum make it 2 days - and that was the general feeling of the community I think, 1-2 day run time. So CG ignored that.
    The rewards would be a bit better if it was said 1-2 day run time, for a 3 day event they're (still) bad. We could also need relic materials - both scavenger stuff aswell as signial data. The constant demand for relic 3-7 chars to unlock char XY is just crazy.
    Last but not least the game mode isn't very fun (for me). I defnitely expected something else from it and there's zero creativity going on. Why not let us chose/add different modifiers from a big pool of modifiers and base the amount of rewards we get on how many of those modifiers are applied to the enemy team (and therefor making it way tougher to beat)? A similar system can be found in the game "Path of Exile" and it's map system where you get better stuff the harder you create your own level (up to the point where monsters can just 1-shot you). Just some creativity..I mean they had sooo long to come up with something and we got THIS....

This is exactly what we need,1 day max 2 day event ,with more fun or atleast challenge things to do,also add some relic materials and on low lvl even some mod slicing materials,everybody needs thousands of those.

Galactic Challenges

is that a podcast? I haven't heard about any of this but maybe that's because I don't listen to podcasts about video games :joy:

It is a great podcast about a video game.

The negativity is that the event has 0 fun and 0 new and interesting things to do and for an event running 3days for 8 kyros 8 stun guns and 150 crystals that is if you have a really good team to do all tiers,i would rather get double rewards on GW,because is the same enjoyment by simming it and the rewards are better...
  • Galactic challenges are unoriginal and boring.
    What exactly are they going to talk up?
    Better rewards for early tiers and worse for the later tiers?

This
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Legend91 wrote: »

Galactic Challenges

Its on the latest Galactic War Report
  • Whatever happened to the currency that popped up in the data mine.
  • 1 day would be too stressful. 2-3 days is perfect, you can replay for fun and experiment with different teams.
  • 1 day would be too stressful. 2-3 days is perfect, you can replay for fun and experiment with different teams.

I doubt many people are replaying these events for fun. The special characters and mechanics broke any kind of sandbox value this mode did have

I doubt many people are replaying these events for fun. The special characters and mechanics broke any kind of sandbox value this mode did have

I do. I have been using t4 to learn how to use different team, to familiarize myself with their abilities.
    If you only give us 1 day, it will soon become another daily chore, a time sink.

They actually took away some finisher and kyros from you. You now get less overall of those....

Whats nice is they got rid of bad gear like mk1 stun guns in favor of the right ones and they are in the right places to promote growth

So yeah its some good and some bad mixed together.

But depending on what you need more of... it may have gotten worse for you overall... or maybe better. Glass half full or half empty.

Lol i knock out all 3 star and then ignore. If it gave me a true sandbox id play it more... but its not worth looking at after feats are done
  • ShaggyB wrote: »

They actually took away some finisher and kyros from you. You now get less overall of those....

Whats nice is they got rid of bad gear like mk1 stun guns in favor of the right ones and they are in the right places to promote growth

So yeah its some good and some bad mixed together.

But depending on what you need more of... it may have gotten worse for you overall... or maybe better. Glass half full or half empty.

Most of the "good gear" was locked behind silly "relic walls" that most people couldn't get over anyway in the earlier versions. So most people actually got more finishers and Kryos this last round than the none they got in earlier versions of GC.

Sure, there are exceptions, but since the majority of players likely don't have 5+ characters of every faction at R5 or higher, most players will get more "good gear" in the long run - not less.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*