Running out of Salvage?

Prev13456
Anybody coming close to running out of salvage for the Carbonite Circuit Board? The bottom item for Relic toons. Anybody hear of any plans CG has to address this issue?

Replies

• Lightside 1-C easy node drops a lot of gear for that material. I believe you only have to farm it for a couple days at 3x refreshes to get enough for r7.
  • Lightside 1-C easy node drops a lot of gear for that material. I believe you only have to farm it for a couple days at 3x refreshes to get enough for r7.

Yes, that is how I want to spend MY double drop day!
  • Anybody coming close to running out of salvage for the Carbonite Circuit Board? The bottom item for Relic toons. Anybody hear of any plans CG has to address this issue?

Why would CG address it? It’s just another resource to manage.
  • Feels like a whale problem to be honest.
  • It is a problem for sure. Who wants to come so far in a game just to go back to farming terrible white/green gear? Feels massively regressive.
  • And as far as the resource management argument goes, I'm already managing several other resources for the upper levels on top of farming characters. Farming white gear is ridiculous.
  • The alternative is to a) buy them or b) gear up teams to beat Assault Battles challenge tiers 2 & 3. Farming a few easy nodes with good drop rates doesn't seem like such a bad option.

I'm hoping you're already buying the gear in Shipments for credits every refresh, every day.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • I had to start buying them for crystals. Years of hoarding gone
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Hmmm I still have enough for like 40 characters to R7
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

My guess would be that it might have something to do with account age. Newerish players are going to run out of the "early" gear much more quickly than people who have been playing for 4+ years.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Ultra
    11451 posts Moderator
    I think salvage is a real problem even for players that have been playing for 4+ years
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I think salvage is a real problem even for players that have been playing for 4+ years

Maybe it has to do with how much people spend? I would think players who spend more would need more salvage, as they are probably relicing more characters. I'm just speaking based on the fact that I, like TVF, have plenty.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I now only relic characters needed for GL and am running a bit low. Ill be actively purchasing or farming low gear by the time I get all 4 GL
  • Ultra
    11451 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

Maybe it has to do with how much people spend? I would think players who spend more would need more salvage, as they are probably relicing more characters. I'm just speaking based on the fact that I, like TVF, have plenty.

But TVF doesn't add a lot of relic levels on his toons

For example, he has a r3 JKL - an average player will add more relic levels on meta toons, so it is an issue for an average player

For example, he has a r3 JKL - an average player will add more relic levels on meta toons, so it is an issue for an average player

I dunno, I tend to agree with Nikoms here. Im a launch player and still have plenty of salvage to craft more circuit boards while having 242 in inventory.
    I dont think I will ever run out of Bronzium wiring or Chromium Transistors.
    Aurodium Heatsinks are fine as long as you keep up the Mk III holo savage press.
    The Electrium conductors and Zinbiddle's is where I have the most problem...not being able to trade all of the g12 pieces really is hindering progress here.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »

I dunno, I tend to agree with Nikoms here. Im a launch player and still have plenty of salvage to craft more circuit boards while having 242 in inventory.
    Aurodium Heatsinks are fine as long as you keep up the Mk III holo savage press.
    The Electrium conductors and Zinbiddle's is where I have the most problem...not being able to trade all of the g12 pieces really is hindering progress here.

Out of curiosity, how do you get so much Bronzium Wiring? Carbonite I know farming 1-C (or 1-F) for a while gets you the salvage you need, but Bronzium Wiring there's not an easy path that I can find.
  • MetaThumper
    496 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    8qxkvbzmnzno.jpg
    jkvb52alc1l6.jpg
    2rb9a8d1hf0m.jpg
    Yeah I'm out of most the salvage mats. But this was my own fault in the making. Operation oh sheet commencing.
  • Anybody coming close to running out of salvage for the Carbonite Circuit Board? The bottom item for Relic toons. Anybody hear of any plans CG has to address this issue?

Why does everyone think CG needs to fix an issue that they Personally have with resource management?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Out of curiosity, how do you get so much Bronzium Wiring? Carbonite I know farming 1-C (or 1-F) for a while gets you the salvage you need, but Bronzium Wiring there's not an easy path that I can find.

j5jbx3j35fpq.jpg

I wish I could help, but as you can see, I haven't had to farm for Bronzium wiring nor will I need to anytime soon.
    As Nikcoms suggested, launch players and players that have played for 4+ years tend not to have this problem.
  • Ultra
    11451 posts Moderator
    edited September 2020
    @Iy4oy4s I looked at your gg, and like TVF, you do not have a single relic tier invested in First Order

I'm talking about 4+ year players with both Galactic Legends,

ws67hj3wcwzm.png

According to yours, and TVF's .gg profiles, if you committed to getting 2 GLs then right now you will have 2k Bronzium's and Circuit Board less (2k because SLKR needs 220)

You both are missing one meta toon, but 4+ year players with both meta toons are the ones having issues

This is akin to a person without GAS saying they have lots of kyrotechs because they never got GAS or applied any on his prereqs
    @Iy4oy4s I looked at your gg, and like TVF, you do not have a single relic tier invested in First Order

I'm talking about 4+ year players with both Galactic Legends,

ws67hj3wcwzm.png

According to yours, and TVF's .gg profiles, if you committed to getting 2 GLs then right now you will have 2k Bronzium's and Circuit Board less (2k because SLKR needs 220)

You both are missing one meta toon, but 4+ year players with both meta toons are the ones having issues

This is akin to a person without GAS saying they have lots of kyrotechs because they never got GAS or applied any on his prereqs

Sorry, I must have missed the two GL thing. I don’t have any plans on getting SLKR anytime soon. Part of the reason for not getting him soon is resource management. Someone can’t expect to relic everything under the sun and not run out of salvage at some point. Gotta “live” within your means. I’m no whale( haven’t spent in quite some time(($400 total in 5 years)) so I budget my resources accordingly.

Would it be nice to have SLKR...hell yes, because he’s the better GL after the buffs, but I’m ok with just one for right now while working on JML because I already have most of the requirements completed.
  • Ultra
    11451 posts Moderator
    Yeah, I don't think everyone should go after both, or all of them

I'm just saying comparing your roster to someone else isn't always applicable, its similar to someone saying "there is no zeta shortage because I have 100 zeta mats" without owning GAS to someone who does

You, and TVF has a lot of relic scrap but you two haven't went after everything that's needed so far, OP might've which is why he's having an issue

I've never spent and i feel like i'm running out of scraps just going for JML (4+ year player with double GL and all meta toons)
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

My guess would be that it might have something to do with account age. Newerish players are going to run out of the "early" gear much more quickly than people who have been playing for 4+ years.

Idk I am a day one player and I am out... I only have 31 reliced characters and majority of those are relic 4
  • ... so, what’s a good way to get Bronzium Wiring? That’s my main problem area (along with Aurodium, but that’s because the characters I’m trying to gear for SEE are all at the Holoprojector crunch).
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    ... so, what’s a good way to get Bronzium Wiring? That’s my main problem area (along with Aurodium, but that’s because the characters I’m trying to gear for SEE are all at the Holoprojector crunch).

Make sure you change the order from "Value" to "Quatity" for Bronzium. I thought I was running low but it turns out I had thousands spare.

I'm also very low on salvage for Circuit Boards.
  • I’m a day 151 player and I’m running low on gear for carbonite boards. Still have plenty for bronzium wings.
  • Day 1 player here, 48 relic toons (Rey, GAS, JKL).

I'm already out of Carbonite and I already depleted like a third of my Bronzium.

This is definitely a problem.
  • Same, I’m running out of salvage too! I’ve been playing pretty much close to the beginning of this game!
  • Update, I ran out of gear to craft the Carbonite Circuit Board XD

All this Relics for JML dried me out.