Updated Galactic Challenge Feedback

Replies

• Ultra wrote: »
    The rewards are adjusted for 3 day period

So that’s 10 GCs a month and if the rewards are the same, we are talking about 80 stun guns each month

If the duration was 2 days the rewards would be less (15 GC per month = ~5 stun guns every two days)

They did cut out some finishers and kyros but alleviated the early crunch (cuffs / carbs / guns) leading up to g12 which is good enough imo

Will we be able to get more rewards tomorrow, though? We didn't last time so why would it change?
  • Well done so far. Very good changes.
  • @Ben_Tlightsaber only problem is using that team beats the event but gets none of the worthwhile gear. I got SFA for beating T5 with NS.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    I really enjoyed the comment claiming rewards are worse now. Good stuff.

For the last two tiers, it did get worse in terms of gear. The crystals are nice but the full resistance team is going to need GL Rey to even stand a chance. I think that deserves better rewards given the investments she needs

1) No relic locked gear. Massive improvement, and frankly the list could stop right here.
    2) More crystals. Improvement.
    3) More shards. Improvement (especially if you need RH Poe).
    4) Complaining about the last two tiers makes no sense
    4a) If you can do them all then all that matters is the total gear, which is improved.
    4b) If you can't do them all, then it's an even bigger improvement.

1.) I said that was a positive in a previous post.
    2.) I said that was nice but isn’t too valuable in comparison to the lost gear.
    3.) already said this was good in a previous post.
    4.) How does it not? Saying that the rewards went down while difficulty went up isn’t a valid complaint?
    4a/b) Taking away from the top gear is not an improvement on the last 2 tiers which was my main point. The lower tiers got better rewards yes. However the higher tiers did not. Idk why the cynicism is necessary over legitimate feedback lol

How is it cynicism?

So you agreed with me on two points, one of which is by far the most important. There was nothing worst than having four R7 and one G12 in a faction and being unable to do the upper tier feats.

On the crystal vs gear thing I'd like you to explain how it's not too valuable on a crystal/gear basis. I want numbers. Otherwise it's just feels.

Can you even total up what gear was lost? Can you stack it up side-by-side with what was gained?

You ignored my point on #4 entirely. If you can't beat the upper tiers, having some rewards shifted to lower tiers is an absolute improvement. If you can beat the upper tiers, it doesn't matter at which tiers the rewards are gained whatsoever.

No I didn’t ignore point 4. You actually ignored my point. I have no issue with changes to tiers 1-4. I actually applaud them. Fair difficulty with fair rewards which include bottleneck gear as well as high value character shards.
    T5 difficulty ramps up way too much in my mind and in this round you need a GL Rey to have a chance to get the feats done which is dumb. They need to tune the difficulty better. The difficulty ramped up in T6 an T7 while the rewards did not and actually got worse.
    As for your numbers, look to the shops. You get 50 crystals for beating it with a full squad of resistance. Kyro’s go for about 28 crystals a piece in the shop (15 for 420 crystals). So that means we get the equivalent of 1.89 kyros. I’d prefer 10 kyros for such a completion considering the difficulty and would adjust accordingly for T7 as well. The same goes for other gear like cuffs, guns, carbs etc.

You are talking difficulty, not rewards. I already explained why this is better whether you can beat those tiers or not. Since you are still ignoring what I said (or maybe not understanding it) I give up.

You need to do the math on everything, not just kyros.

I thought the point of having higher tiers of difficulty was to provide incentive to upgrade your roster to be able to beat said tiers. If the rewards are crap at the highest tiers, there is no point in having them. It’s like having all the best loot in t5 of the Sith raid..if that was the case, no one would run HSTR.

I can agree that t1-t5 the rewards are ok, could be better, but ok(hopefully they are still tweaking rewards, we don’t know as CG has gone radio silent again). It’s the last tiers that are the problem.
  • I think the rewards improved which is good. However, the difficulty isn't balanced. It's awful. Because of that I feel the event is worse. Sorry jumping into something at T5 that is like LS Geo TB isn't fun. Bring the fun back into the game!
  • This was a big step in the right direction. I dont have rey, so I didnt get the t5/6/7 resistance prizes, which is fine. I dont need to get everything. I beat everything else, didn't take long, prizes were better.

I hate to agree with @TVF but honestly there's not a ton to complain about here. Especially from what it looked like a week ago. Dont get me wrong, this is certainly not my favorite game mode, and I'd have loved a new raid instead, but this was cg actually listening and improving something based on out feedback. Credit where credit is due.
  • To be honest, not what i expected. How many times GG is the opponent? Somehow it looks like "learn to beat GG, with various disadvantages". Sry, hatd pass for me.
  • motagua wrote: »
    I think the rewards improved which is good. However, the difficulty isn't balanced. It's awful. Because of that I feel the event is worse. Sorry jumping into something at T5 that is like LS Geo TB isn't fun. Bring the fun back into the game!

it's worse than LS Geo bc the GG droids have preloaded turn meter
  • So...where are we getting non-stop gc idea once again?
  • Better rewards, just as boring.

Also again.... requiring resistance and then making a game mechanic that makes gl rey easier to beat is not challenge.... its lazy.

That said.... select slkr by him self and click auto. The mechanic that hurts rey makes him unkillable.

Now select slkr and 3 light side droids.... click auto.... enjoy.

Niw go back and fumble through with gl rey. Lasf fight will be your only challenge and its only due to the game mechanic.

Still not fun, still not engaging, still not worth a second look once youve been through it all
  • Jppc wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

So that’s 10 GCs a month and if the rewards are the same, we are talking about 80 stun guns each month

If the duration was 2 days the rewards would be less (15 GC per month = ~5 stun guns every two days)

They did cut out some finishers and kyros but alleviated the early crunch (cuffs / carbs / guns) leading up to g12 which is good enough imo

Will we be able to get more rewards tomorrow, though? We didn't last time so why would it change?

Not tomorrow but if you read what @Ultra said you can find how in the end of a month it will be 80 stun guns. Every 3 days a new GC, every new GC 8 stunguns (we are assuming the rewards are the same, probably it won’t but something with a similar value). In a month 10 GC, 10*8=80.

But they only one time, iirc, said they were considering them being a constant presence. Not that they would be. Kinda like when they said they were toying with the idea of GC being linked to our daily activities.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Jppc wrote: »

Not tomorrow but if you read what @Ultra said you can find how in the end of a month it will be 80 stun guns. Every 3 days a new GC, every new GC 8 stunguns (we are assuming the rewards are the same, probably it won’t but something with a similar value). In a month 10 GC, 10*8=80.

But they only one time, iirc, said they were considering them being a constant presence. Not that they would be. Kinda like when they said they were toying with the idea of GC being linked to our daily activities.
    Find the quote where they said that

They talked about GC being an event that can be done everyday after daily activities and GC was going to be something you can do everyday, they never said you would get rewards everyday, that was our assumption

You'll get new rewards every 3 days which is fine. Personally, would've preferred 2 day durations but it is what it is
  • No gear gate, thank you CG! Much more enjoyable experience being able to just try with the Resistance faction, even past what I knew my squad was capable of. Spent more time on this one than all the others combined, kudos. :)

They talked about GC being an event that can be done everyday after daily activities and GC was going to be something you can do everyday, they never said you would get rewards everyday, that was our assumption

You'll get new rewards every 3 days which is fine. Personally, would've preferred 2 day durations but it is what it is

You know as well as I do that CG’s word is as good as bantha poo. They have said:
    Working on a new raid....cancelled
    Not all toons need relics for the first GL’s...nope
    Follow the dev tracker here...nope
    What info do do guild officers want? We get back to you shortly...nope
    Monthly Q and A’s....nope.
    Sim the HAAT...nope
    Practice button in arena....nope
    Ability to remove and reset teams in GAC....nope.

Bottom line is that we can’t take what they say for truth. Only time will tell. It’s amazing that they haven’t said anything about this...I just don’t understand hard it is to talk to the community.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

You know as well as I do that CG’s word is as good as bantha poo. They have said:
    Sim the HAAT...nope

Bottom line is that we can’t take what they say for truth. Only time will tell. It’s amazing that they haven’t said anything about this...I just don’t understand hard it is to talk to the community.
    Okay but they have literally never said you would get rewards everyday so are we calling them untrustworthy for things they haven't said?

Some of your complaints is why they stopped doing the Q&A, you are complaining about the things they have communicated to us in all honesty, and it seems silence is the best model to follow
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Sim the HAAT...nope

Okay but they have literally never said you would get rewards everyday so are we calling them untrustworthy for things they haven't said?

Some of your complaints is why they stopped doing the Q&A, you are complaining about the things they have communicated to us in all honesty, and it seems silence is the best model to follow

I’m not saying they said we would get rewards everyday, just pointing out the fact that CG’s word means very little overall, so they can change whatever they want regardless of what was said in the past.

Yes, most of that is from the q and a’s where they said they would do X, not we are looking into it, but we are doing it. The QNA’s just exposed their empty words. Why say you are gonna do something if you have no plans on doing it, and if things change, why not communicate that?? How is that “communicated to us in all honesty”? I can’t believe, well, I can actually, you defending these empty words.

They said in November last year that the HAAT would be simmable soon...so almost a year later still qualifies as soon to you?

The said they are gonna add the practice button in arena, a highly requested feature...nothing....and you are good with that?

You are good with a company that zips it’s lip to the community rather than communicate regularly because they may say something they don’t mean or fear that the community will ask about it later??

You are literally blaming the player base (me in particular) for CG stopping, without notification, the QNA’s that they themselves said would be monthly. That’s insane to me. The lengths people go to defend CG is equally insane to me.

I want CG to be an outstanding game studio, I want this game to go on for five more years. I want to support it financially, but I can’t do that because of the disrespect CG shows us. I’m still gonna play, because I enjoy the game, even though it’s got stale, but I enjoy the grind.

Beside, how else are you gonna get your fancy art questions answered??
  • Okay. I've taken the time to complete t6 with the droid feat.

this morning I had only tried t6 once and got smashed, with GL Rey. This evening it took about 30 minutes of constant attempts - I didn't count them, but the attempts seemed to be less than 2 minutes each.

Rey rarely got off her whirlwind at all, and when she did, Grievous would survive. You couldn't target grievous to get too close to 0 protection, because if you did even 1 health damage, he would Mark one of his droid allies & you couldn't use whirlwind against grievous. However if he had any protection at all, he survived the whirlwind - more than 300k health. I honestly think he could have survived it with just his health, though I'll never know.

The so-called global modifier was highly biased in favor of the Seps. They were able to repeatedly cleanse while taking bonus turn after bonus turn. Grievous, obviously, was repeatedly cleansed fully, though other droids were cleansed only intermittently and could (and did) die, which, again, cleansed Grievous and gave him another bonus turn.

For all these actions, the Resistance gained DoTs, which obviously do %Health effects, which makes them superheroes against ultra-high Health toons like Rey.

The end result is an event where highest tier is probably not doable by a Resistance team in a resistance event for people who have GL Rey.

This is a travesty. The only two reasons to get a GL, with all the work involved in reaching that goal, are to keep up with your PvP peers and to trivialize once brutal PvE challenges.

Tier 7 of a resistance event should be beatable by the Favored Faction WITHOUT using a GL. Why? Not every faction offers a GL. As of today, only 2 factions do. If you require a tough fight with multiple restarts from a GL-led Favored Faction squad, how is it possible to justify creating a T7 for another faction (one that does not offer a GL) in a subsequent event that's beatable for that faction?

You either have to knowingly create unbeatable T7s, in which case you're knowingly lying about the rewards available, or you have to penalize people who went to all the work to get a GL.

Or, of course, you can do both by creating unbeatable T7s which might be beatable by a GL led faction, then for GL led factions boosting the difficulty yet again, to keep T7 out of reach there as well.

I don't appreciate being penalized for having working hard and achieving a GL.

And, of course, what makes it worse is that the event is trivial to the GL opposed to the favored faction while being unbeatable to those who field Favored Faction GLs.

In this case, I mean SLKR solos the event, while GL Rey cannot complete it.

This is utter trash. To properly express my opinion of this event design would require numerous violations of forum guidelines, so I'll just leave upon a final summation:

The change in rewards isn't enough to make this event anything other than completely, utterly terrible.
  • In some ways I like these better than assault battles, because those usually require a slog to round 4 and that's where you win or lose. But these challenges don't provide much interesting game play.
    The first 4 tiers are easy and then even if you can beat the later tiers without resistance, the rewards are bad and there are no feats to try to accomplish. More feats and more ways to experiment and get rewards.
    How about different feats on different tiers, with some feats in lower tiers that actually make them a bit challenging.
    Right now it's just get everything from tiers 1-4 without any thought and be frustrated and get next to nothing without the required faction from Tier 5 up.
    I also agree with people complaining that it takes a GL to get the faction rewards. A well modded R5 Resistance team led by JTR should suffice. Perhaps a mechanic that favors certain members of the faction, such as Hero Finn+Poe.
  • Like the changes so far but the only annoyance is that it is a 3 day event with only something to do for one day. The rewards need to refresh after 24hrs. Make the replayability worth it
  • I think CG made GCs lower tiers have better rewards but made the higher tiers more difficult with a little less rewards. Everything would be a little bit better if they told us if this is the finished product or a second exhibition season.
  • jxqx4u1jl2yo.jpeg
    Fun challenge. Rewards are improving but could still improve if you want people to invest in characters to go for those prizes.
  • Do we know that these are actually improvements or changes that they have made?

Were we ever told that the challenges would be the same each time?
    What if the events are different each time? Relics could be back next time and gone again another time.

Like for example: this time we need to use resistance vs. GG for the feats. Maybe next time we have to use Rebels vs. GG and the feats are totally different, along with the modifiers in play?

Maybe next time we See GG we will need to use r7 Ewoks, another time a full droid or Jawa team (with no gear restrictions), etc. etc.
  • At this point i could care less about the rewards. The game mode sucks. Its not fun to play more than one time. Watching the same gg team over and over is boring.

The worst part is i have only 1 character that can beat tier 6 and 7, and i literally put their brand new shiny game mode on auto... made lunch, then ate lunch and came back to watch the final two hits by slkr.

• Just going to add that in addition to making the event harder by optimizing the GG team - B1 and B2 in for Wat and Poggle - they changed the Sniper Droid.

The old GC version, and the original version from TB, needs 15 stacks of Charge to get an Insta-kill.

This version needs 5.
  • Okay. I've taken the time to complete t6 with the droid feat.

this morning I had only tried t6 once and got smashed, with GL Rey. This evening it took about 30 minutes of constant attempts - I didn't count them, but the attempts seemed to be less than 2 minutes each.

Rey rarely got off her whirlwind at all, and when she did, Grievous would survive. You couldn't target grievous to get too close to 0 protection, because if you did even 1 health damage, he would Mark one of his droid allies & you couldn't use whirlwind against grievous. However if he had any protection at all, he survived the whirlwind - more than 300k health. I honestly think he could have survived it with just his health, though I'll never know.

The so-called global modifier was highly biased in favor of the Seps. They were able to repeatedly cleanse while taking bonus turn after bonus turn. Grievous, obviously, was repeatedly cleansed fully, though other droids were cleansed only intermittently and could (and did) die, which, again, cleansed Grievous and gave him another bonus turn.

For all these actions, the Resistance gained DoTs, which obviously do %Health effects, which makes them superheroes against ultra-high Health toons like Rey.

The end result is an event where highest tier is probably not doable by a Resistance team in a resistance event for people who have GL Rey.

This is a travesty. The only two reasons to get a GL, with all the work involved in reaching that goal, are to keep up with your PvP peers and to trivialize once brutal PvE challenges.

Tier 7 of a resistance event should be beatable by the Favored Faction WITHOUT using a GL. Why? Not every faction offers a GL. As of today, only 2 factions do. If you require a tough fight with multiple restarts from a GL-led Favored Faction squad, how is it possible to justify creating a T7 for another faction (one that does not offer a GL) in a subsequent event that's beatable for that faction?

You either have to knowingly create unbeatable T7s, in which case you're knowingly lying about the rewards available, or you have to penalize people who went to all the work to get a GL.

Or, of course, you can do both by creating unbeatable T7s which might be beatable by a GL led faction, then for GL led factions boosting the difficulty yet again, to keep T7 out of reach there as well.

I don't appreciate being penalized for having working hard and achieving a GL.

And, of course, what makes it worse is that the event is trivial to the GL opposed to the favored faction while being unbeatable to those who field Favored Faction GLs.

In this case, I mean SLKR solos the event, while GL Rey cannot complete it.

This is utter trash. To properly express my opinion of this event design would require numerous violations of forum guidelines, so I'll just leave upon a final summation:

The change in rewards isn't enough to make this event anything other than completely, utterly terrible.

To be fair... its not unbeatable with gl rey.... ita just a big pain and the modifier is deaigned to make her bad.

I managed to do it after 4 tries. Probably rng. That said, i agree that making modifiers that hurt a gl is very lazy.

Thats the problem with gl, in general... they are over powered
  • And the first (official?) gc ran out and there's no new one. Nonstop running gc seems not to be the case.
  • Didn’t even realize it had finished already and don’t care that another one hasn’t started.
    Guess that makes it a galactic fail for me.
    Hopefully they have started working on something new that I can find enjoyable.
  • Andrashan
    4 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Good changes:
    • better reward types (material you need)
    • removal of hard gear gates

Missing:
    • Autocomplete lower tiers and feats if you manage to get them at a higher level (as it is just repetition against the same teams I rather try out different teams in lower levels for no rewards. instead currently I have to waste time with my top team to clear all rewards on all levels)
    • Doing it with 4 chars (under size) should also complete the feat that requires a pure faction team (if it is 4 of the same faction) as else it is again a pointless repetition
    • Let us turn of the modifiers for testing
    • Pre-loaded tm and ridiculous stats on enemy teams are not fun - there must be other ways to increase difficulty
    • Randomness on what actions the enemy take and whom they target has a much bigger effect on the outcome then the modifiers... which is just bad
    • Characters that are obtainable by a player should be in that power range as opponents at a challenge (relic 7 with good mods on max level) - if you need to add super chars give them the skin of an AT-ST, Tank, Ackley etc.
    • Let us see the stats of enemy chars so that we can properly plan for the battle. Currently it is trial and error. (e.g. if I see I just need 10 speed to go first I might switch mods.... but if it is 100 speed I need there is no point.)
    • For a 3 day event the rewards should be better (higher number the type is ok)

In summary I am still disappointed as I have no new content since LS Geonosis (which is basically just deploying or getting slaughtered for me) and I was looking forward to this.
    At least there is GAC and TW which are ok.
    Post edited by Andrashan on