Why does GL Luke require 21 characters at relic 3+

Replies

• Ultra wrote: »
    I don't understand how GL Luke is the hardest toon to acquire that everyone is closest to somehow

Everyone? C'mon now. You're better than this.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    To you question, Why does GL Luke require 21 characters at r3: in short he doesn't. You are simply ignoring the gain of JKL.

In short yes it does, last time I checked you need 9 characters at relic 3 to get him, add the 15 you need to unlock GL Luke, remove the 2 that is shared between the JKL and GL Luke, that makes 22 characters

correct you need 9 to get JKL. that step is done, and a step in and of itself. and you are rewarded as such.

now you move onto a different goal JML, who needs 15 characters.
    if you run 2 races in the same day, even back to back, the length of the second race is still the same.

This ignores the wear and tear of running the first race when you're running the second one.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    I don't understand how GL Luke is the hardest toon to acquire that everyone is closest to somehow

Everyone? C'mon now. You're better than this.

everyone minus 4 people? lol @ the "it's not EVERYone" argument
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • @OP

Had you just said that the overall investment needed for GL Luke is significantly more than for GL Palp no one would have debated that. Of course this perspective does not take into account return on that investment. But its still true. As of yet that is. We dont know what is in the final 5 requirements.
  • OP is technically correct. The best kind of correct. Since it is literally impossible to unlock GML without having r3 wampa, it is fair to say that wampa is required. Just like reaching lvl 85, and the list goes on and on. The requirement of the requirements is definitely a requirement. Basic logic.

Debating this is like thinking that the characters are grateful to each other.

This does not make the requirements invalid or incorrect. They do exist, and the answer to OP's question is either "just because", or "money" imo.
  • No complaints from me. Loving the jml requirements so far... Just worried about the next batch lol (hoths brothers? *gag*)
  • This is Rey vs. SLKR all over again. Palp (SLKR) makes garbage characters great while JML (Rey) requires the top of your roster to achieve the same performance.
  • str2019 wrote: »
    Palp (SLKR) makes garbage characters great.
    We don't know that yet.
  • str2019 wrote: »
    This is Rey vs. SLKR all over again. Palp (SLKR) makes garbage characters great while JML (Rey) requires the top of your roster to achieve the same performance.

Cool, you must have access to some leaked information on the new GL kits, right?
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • MLS has not a single bad character (old Ben is the worst but he's a pretty solid tank to put in that pre taunts) I mean JKL has 3 bad characters Hoth Leia Hoth han and Lando and sith eternal emp has 4 trash characters and likely prone to have more.. (stormtrooper is coming)

Realistically it's more fair than not considering you get 3-4 solid teams out of MLS and maybe 1-2 out of palp atm
  • Darion wrote: »
    MLS has not a single bad character (old Ben is the worst but he's a pretty solid tank to put in that pre taunts) I mean JKL has 3 bad characters Hoth Leia Hoth han and Lando and sith eternal emp has 4 trash characters and likely prone to have more.. (stormtrooper is coming)

Realistically it's more fair than not considering you get 3-4 solid teams out of MLS and maybe 1-2 out of palp atm

Old Ben only pretaunt with bastilla lead zeta if i'm not mistaken.

About palp, let's not forget you might be able to upgrade trash siths into a killing machine under his lead, First Order style.

I guess we still have to wait for last requirements and kit reveals ;)
  • Reality depends in which position is your roster. I am definitely closer to Luke. I don't complain about the requirements, they seem lot better than previous GL ones.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    GhostRep wrote: »
    To you question, Why does GL Luke require 21 characters at r3: in short he doesn't. You are simply ignoring the gain of JKL.

In short yes it does, last time I checked you need 9 characters at relic 3 to get him, add the 15 you need to unlock GL Luke, remove the 2 that is shared between the JKL and GL Luke, that makes 22 characters

correct you need 9 to get JKL. that step is done, and a step in and of itself. and you are rewarded as such.

if you run 2 races in the same day, even back to back, the length of the second race is still the same.

This ignores the wear and tear of running the first race when you're running the second one.

No it doesnt, the length of the race is the same.

Even if you dont have a car and have to run to the start of the second race (meaning its required for you to get to the second race), that doesnt change the length of the second race.
  • We still may get a surprise with Palp with the last prerequisites. They will probably introduce a character that needs even more charity acquire just like jMl . That’s my prediction
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Sewpot wrote: »
    We still may get a surprise with Palp with the last prerequisites. They will probably introduce a character that needs even more charity acquire just like jMl . That’s my prediction

They are not adding any character to his requirements that is not in game already at this point in time.
  • Ultra wrote: »

It’d take me a long time to get Luke. SEE on the other hand, I’m pretty close to so far.
  • Actually i am really looking forward in farming for GLLuke!
    i am halfway done for JKL and i really like it, that there are a lot of toons needed which has been needed for JKL too!
    and all toons ( announced so far....) are very useful and make your roaster a lot more GAC friendly or better: the most already had them @R7 ( Han, Old Ben, Chewie, Chewpio [ very useful! ], R2, JKL, etc. )

i really dont see an issue GL Luke would be a problem for a vet
  • Because CG cannot sensibly come up with a strategy to make to roster growth something that is less milestone-ish.

They make " something new" be a toon you unlock and relic. Beyond that the most customization you have is modding. They "SHOULD CONSIDER SOMETHING LIKE BUT NOT NECESSARILY EXACTLY" character stat growth through usage like many MMORPGs do. Individual battles can also improve your toon instead of gear.

Because they have no strategy like that, instead they forever have the status quo of old accounts being readily able to get new top characters and newer accounts being years away without $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

If they don't do any type of development through playtime then they are stuck with with this walled-off system.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Sewpot wrote: »
    We still may get a surprise with Palp with the last prerequisites. They will probably introduce a character that needs even more charity acquire just like jMl . That’s my prediction

Except there is no other character they can require that compares to JKL other than JKL, Rey, SLKR
  • Making GAS a requirement for Palp would be similar to needing JKL.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • @Mephisto_style
    SWGOH is no MMORPG and will never be ( sadly ) but this would be a whole new game and will never be included.

And:
    Why should a newer Player compare himself with a vet?
    Totally different Arena Shards and mostly total different Guilds.
    GLs are never meant to be for new/newer Player.

Sry just nothing was correct youve written.

@suchiuomizu

I know your feeling, but in the end this whole game is about gearing your whole roaster to max.
    And Lukes requirements seem to be less painful than the otthers.
  • LastJedi13 wrote: »
    It's a GL so there is no worrying about not being ready for the event. You take one toon at a time even if it takes you 6 months to finish them all. The end result is a meta toon and, so far, all of the requirements are good to great toons that you would want to gear anyway. Not sure you can say that about Palp.

So far this....

MM and 3baccachew are the hard ones.... being new and all.
  • GhostRep wrote: »

No it doesnt.

He never mentions the personal well being of the runner.

He only factors in that running a 5k and then a 10k doesnt make the 10k = 15k. Second race is still only a 10k race.

You are arguing two seperate things. Overall cost of experience vs individual cost of experience.

Hes not arguing what you are arguing. Hes not missing it... hes not having the same discussion.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Ultimately if your really want to do overall compare....

Gl luke requires much more investment.... but on characters a lot of people have already and many at higher gear levels already.

Yep you need kenobi and r2 at low gear to get cls. Yep you need 5 empire to get r2. Yep you need 5 specific resistance to get jtr, which includes bb8. So Yep, you need 5 first order to get bb8. Yep you need 5 BH geared good (gear 12 needed mostly) to get chewy. Yep you need 5 ewoks with ok gear (g11 typically but it can be less) to get c3po. And finally so far... you need 9 relic 3, which also needs 3po, chewy and cls.

So yes its much much more requirements overall.... but most will have these who are going for a gl. Not all but many players are going to have a lot of those done. Its all about gear.

Here is mine for example.
    3udisbod3ues.jpg

Gl Palp requires investment on characters that need to be farmed and then leveled... many of them will be all over the place in most peoples collection here is mine for example. Only palp has a 5 rebels requirement. And you can overlap them with your cls unlock team or cls, chewy, han, 3po and r2.... dealers choice.... but all gear 8 is good enough.
    a1fyx42651pb.jpg

Vader, Hermit Yoda and Wampa are a bit more challenging to get if you are new. Vader being the hardest to get via achievements and ship store apperances.... but the other two do have some get1 requirements... so that slows tou JKL grab, which you need.

For me palp is way easier to get to.. but luke requirements are way better for other use than palps.

So right now i will be going JKL and ill level to r6 and r5 for overlap. Then i will make a call on whether to go luke or palp... though han and r2 i want to do anyway....
  • Keydash1
    503 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    If you're a newer player, SEEP is more accessible. If you're a long time player, JML is probably closer. I was already prepared for JKL's 2nd event. Of the 16 characters announced so far (including the JKL characters), I had 11 at G13 already from working toward other goals. Plus 3 G12. Only the two recent marquees are lower gear. I even have 6* YWing already. There are many veteran players in my position. And no I don't spend on this game, although I do get decent crystal income from fleet arena. I just had Han relic already from earlier fleet metas, and started putting all my resources into preparing for JKL when he was announced.

For many people, JML is twice as far as SLK, Rey, or Palp - maybe even worse depending on how far behind their HY/Wampa farms are. But for lots of end game players, JML is by far the easiest GL.
This discussion has been closed.