So is this the new way of communicating ?

Prev134
Looooki
1045 posts Member
edited September 2020
So for this podcast ... is this the new way of communicating ?
No more on the forums or announcements, but through a podcast ?
Seriously ?

Date: 14 Sept - No announcement on whatever is in the pod cast
1. Preview of new GLs
2. Increase difficulty for Galactic challenges
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• this isnt there first time doing this
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    There wasn't anything substantial in the podcast

They'll post in the forums when they have something worthwhile to share
  • flux_rono wrote: »
    this isnt there first time doing this

Nor will it be the last. CG hates all other content creators that covers or used to cover the game. Once upon a time, they used the content creators on Youtube to relay info, but that was many metas ago. The GWR has been immune to this disdain of content creators, thus, they are the only ones they talk to. They know that at least one of the content creators on youtube will cover the stuff talked about in the podcast, so its a win win for them. This is par for CG's course.

• Looooki wrote: »
    So for this podcast ... is this the new way of communicating ?
    No more on the forums or announcements, but through a podcast ?
    Seriously ?

Date: 14 Sept - No announcement on whatever is in the pod cast
    1. Preview of new GLs
    2. Increase difficulty for Galactic challenges

They are just bad at communication
  • Well?? What’s the info?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Ultra wrote: »

^This^ All these people calling it a "Kit Teaser" or something stupid.

Realistically, they really didn't say anything. The Podcast appearance was more about promoting the Charity Livestream.

Realistically, they really didn't say anything. The Podcast appearance was more about promoting the Charity Livestream.

Then what did they actually say since this fuss about it?
  • Gamorrean wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

Then what did they actually say since this fuss about it?

more or less this:

S.E.E. is deceptive with his moves
    J.M.L.S teaches this team what he knows
    both "transform" and when they do you're like; ...well this isn't good
  • Rather go to pod cast then to address whatever issue is here 👍. All the impt things that should be addressed is not addressed. Think it is getting too expensive just to type what are the 2 inspirations behind the 2 new GLs.

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited September 2020
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Well?? What’s the info?

1. November is a big month for CG because its the game’s 5 year anniversary — same thing they said every year
    2. Galactic Challenges will be 3 days — anyone in game could tell after looking at the last GC
    3. The developers nailed Luke and Emperor’s kits — Luke is like a teacher and emperor is someone who hides and controls the battle — it’s not the kind of news to get upset about learning in a podcast and not being said in the forums
    4. They will be focusing on new player experience after GL — They’ve been saying this for a year now so doesn’t mean much

The last time they spent a full quarter on new player experience was the hyperdrive bundle which came out in the next quarter last year - so they’ll end up releasing HDB version 2 around the same time in my opinion
  • A game i used to play the devs gave up on their forums all together. Everything was done via twitch or some other streaming platform and they ignored their forums all together. So not surprising.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Joebo720 wrote: »
    A game i used to play the devs gave up on their forums all together. Everything was done via twitch or some other streaming platform and they ignored their forums all together. So not surprising.

What they did this time around is not the first time they have done this. They are not ignoring the Forums by any means.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    A game i used to play the devs gave up on their forums all together. Everything was done via twitch or some other streaming platform and they ignored their forums all together. So not surprising.

What they did this time around is not the first time they have done this. They are not ignoring the Forums by any means.

Sure seems like it
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Well?? What’s the info?

1. November is a big month for CG because its the game’s 5 year anniversary — same thing they said every year
    2. Galactic Challenges will be 3 days — anyone in game could tell after looking at the last GC
    3. The developers nailed Luke and Emperor’s kits — Luke is like a teacher and emperor is someone who hides and controls the battle — it’s not the kind of news to get upset about learning in a podcast and not being said in the forums
    4. They will be focusing on new player experience after GL — They’ve been saying this for a year now so doesn’t mean much

The last time they spent a full quarter on new player experience was the hyperdrive bundle which came out in the next quarter last year - so they’ll end up releasing HDB version 2 around the same time in my opinion

Whatever I’ll take another hbd
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Sure seems like it

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/news-and-announcements-
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/game-updates

No it doesn't
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    lack of the specific communication you want /= zero communication
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Enas_Yorl wrote: »

Sorry, but they are. They are more or less fully ignoring any feedback except money.
    Crump is so understaffed that it will always be as if they do not read any single line here.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/234767/galactic-challenges-feedback#latest

I dont see the link here to where we should send our money to get the feedback heard.

They read way more than anyone here gives them credit for. they also have other ways to gather feedback from the community.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Enas_Yorl wrote: »

Sorry, but they are. They are more or less fully ignoring any feedback except money.

You are more or less fully ignoring the changes to GCs which were entirely based on feedback provided which had nothing to do with money.

• Kyno wrote: »

So...how’s September’s QNA going?? Most likely the same way that June, July and August’s went...completely ignored.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

So...how’s September’s QNA going?? Most likely the same way that June, July and August’s went...completely ignored.

Serious question, were you satisfied with previous Q&A's? Or is this one of those "I didn't like the thing we had before but now that we don't have it I'm going to complain we don't have the thing I didn't like" things?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    icanectc wrote: »

Kyno i like you but that's absolutely not true. They absolutely ignore the forums and have completely changed up and can't even follow their own cadence.
    TVF wrote: »

• TVF wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Serious question, were you satisfied with previous Q&A's? Or is this one of those "I didn't like the thing we had before but now that we don't have it I'm going to complain we don't have the thing I didn't like" things?

I didn’t enjoy some of the answers of the last one because the overall theme was “no” but I enjoy the QNA’s as a whole, even some of the art questions.
    If they want to stop them because of fear they will be held to what they say, fine, but tell the community that, don’t just ignore us. We still do not have any official reason why they stopped.

• TVF wrote: »

I didn't know such a podcast even existed. It's not a crazy thought that the official swgoh forums, run on the swgoh website, powered by EA, and heavily linked to in the game itself would be the location one would look to for answers and explanations. However we've had none of those. Just "Look! New toon! Look! Another new toon! Look! Charity stream!" That's not communication. That's them promoting themselves.