Galactic Legends outside of sequel trilogy

Prev1
Do we know if they're planning to make any galactic legends outside of the sequel trilogy? Say Old republic or Clone wars for example?

Replies

• CG never tells us anything and frequently changes their mind.
  • Yes, GL Meetra Surik is in the works.
  • Spung wrote: »
    Do we know if they're planning to make any galactic legends outside of the sequel trilogy? Say Old republic or Clone wars for example?

Honestly if we talking clone wars, you looking at a chancellor Palpatine and Darth maul. Old republic, grand Master satele shan, and emperor valkorion.
    But we would need lot more toons for old republic before we can get GL,

Darth Maul is unlikely as it would need to be a Seperatist GL and you can hardly call him that. Maybe chancellor palp as republic GL, but that’s kind of weird since he was at the same time undermining the republic.
    As long as Meetra Surik comes and we get KREIA.
  • Maul doesn’t need to be Seperatist. Maybe need some Seperatists, but also Nightsisters, some Sith, and maybe even some new Mandalorians like Saxon and Almec. Plus he would fit nicely with a GL Ashoka.

If anyone would be a Separatist GL besides GG, Dooku, or Palpatine, my guess would be General Kalani or Admiral Trench.

Fallen Anakin and Master Kenobi are other prequel possibilities. Maybe even a GL Mace. Unfortunately the original trilogy is essentially out of major characters... could do some non-traditional ones like a GL Jabba.
  • Spung
    31 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Spung wrote: »

Honestly if we talking clone wars, you looking at a chancellor Palpatine and Darth maul. Old republic, grand Master satele shan, and emperor valkorion.
    But we would need lot more toons for old republic before we can get GL,

I love these ideas, as stated above Meetra Surik would work great too! Maybe throw Kreia or Malgus in there or the brothers as marquees they could give us a reason to gear up Visas Mar,

For clone wars all I really want to see is GL Maul, maybe a GL Mace would be nice too. Maybe throw Satine out there with great synergies with Kenobi.

I feel like theres a lot of characters that could be utilized for Maul (Ezra, Savage, Ahsoka, Old Ben, Qui gon, sidious/palpatine)
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    Maul doesn’t need to be Seperatist. Maybe need some Seperatists, but also Nightsisters, some Sith, and maybe even some new Mandalorians like Saxon and Almec. Plus he would fit nicely with a GL Ashoka.

If anyone would be a Separatist GL besides GG, Dooku, or Palpatine, my guess would be General Kalani or Admiral Trench.

Fallen Anakin and Master Kenobi are other prequel possibilities. Maybe even a GL Mace. Unfortunately the original trilogy is essentially out of major characters... could do some non-traditional ones like a GL Jabba.

I love these Ideas, for Trench they could add marquees like Nuvo Vindi or Wulf Yularen, maybe throw that ship Anakin snuck passed him with in there or his capital ship.

Jabba would definitely be all about the Bounty hunters (Boba in particular) but they could throw his nephew in there somehow or even his son who ahsoka had to rescue
  • I hope one day we get a new character for a galactic legend instead of another version of someone we already have. Darth plagueis for gl.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    over the long run, i'm sure we will see a GL for each major faction, maybe every faction.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    over the long run, i'm sure we will see a GL for each major faction, maybe every faction.

That's exactly what I wanted to hear from exactly who I wanted to hear it from! Thanks Kyno!
  • Spung wrote: »

I’ve never met anyone who has seen the Clone Wars. They aren’t going to release obscure GLs anytime soon.
  • GL Tusken Raider

Requirements:

Farmboy Luke
    Old Ben
    R2D2
    Mandalorian
    Toro Calican
    Anakin
    Ezra Bridger
    Darth Maul
    Darth Vader
    Boba Fett
    URoRRuR'R'R
    Tusken Raider
    Tusken Shaman
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Darth Krayt
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    On the side note, forget GL Jabba, we need GL Durge, this dude would be a true galactic legend. pnhwjtf9kyf5.jpg
    And maybe for separatist we can get the GG from the clone wars 2003 series with that design. 0rlxkwc7w951.gif

who doesn't want helicopter GG.
  • Snowbird13
    460 posts Member
    edited September 2020

I’ve never met anyone who has seen the Clone Wars. They aren’t going to release obscure GLs anytime soon.

The clone wars are not obscure, lol. They are canon, and fairly popular.

HSTR is more obscure than clone wars
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member

When CG started making GL status toons, it was an appealing and exciting idea.

I appreciate the first to get those titles were Rey and Kylo based on the release of TROS at the time.

However, you'd think they would release GL toons across the saga, based on the most iconic and important Heroes and Villains - which is why the likes of GAS and JKL should have been legendary toons as well.

They could release a new version of Dooku and Vader as GL, but they really messed up with Luke and Anakin here.

It all seems to be catered to the divisive sequel trilogy - big disappointment for sure.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Maul doesn’t need to be Seperatist. Maybe need some Seperatists, but also Nightsisters, some Sith, and maybe even some new Mandalorians like Saxon and Almec. Plus he would fit nicely with a GL Ashoka.

Trench and Kalani are not GL material, not by a long shot. Perhaps another version of Dooku with his armor on?

Fallen Anakin and Master Kenobi are great character ideas, but I don't see Fallen Anakin being GL status either, perhaps Master Kenobi.
  • Boo wrote: »
    TargetEadu wrote: »

Trench and Kalani are not GL material, not by a long shot. Perhaps another version of Dooku with his armor on?

Fallen Anakin and Master Kenobi are great character ideas, but I don't see Fallen Anakin being GL status either, perhaps Master Kenobi.

LS Geo Kalani is Galactic God level
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • I bet more on a Fallen Anakin and Jedi Master Obi Wan, we can easily imagine what at are the prerequisite!
  • GL Master Kenobi and GL Maul

Best Combo in the New Saga and Clone Wars

• Larx wrote: »
    GL Master Kenobi and GL Maul

Best Combo in the New Saga and Clone Wars

I wish we could get rebel/clone wars animated series maul, he looks so amazing in those shows. Give him synergy with Ezra, while making Phoenix a requirement and boom.
  • I’d like to get a Rebels-oriented “Hermit Maul” that acts as a disrupter more than an attacker, and save the GL for Clone Wars Maul. I think he changes enough between the two series to justify two characters.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    I’d like to get a Rebels-oriented “Hermit Maul” that acts as a disrupter more than an attacker, and save the GL for Clone Wars Maul. I think he changes enough between the two series to justify two characters.

Have him in his robes that he was wearing on Malachor,

I also don't think he has his metal legs in game so the clone wars one could just be Maul, no Darth
  • I would think the options are GLs Chancellor palpatine and Mace Windu or Jedi Master Obi wan and Darth Vader (pre suit).
  • I would think the options are GLs Chancellor palpatine and Mace Windu or Jedi Master Obi wan and Darth Vader (pre suit).

Doubt they would do another Palpatine.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    On the side note, forget GL Jabba, we need GL Durge, this dude would be a true galactic legend. pnhwjtf9kyf5.jpg
    And maybe for separatist we can get the GG from the clone wars 2003 series with that design. 0rlxkwc7w951.gif

who doesn't want helicopter GG.

Reminding myself of this cartoon I am now curious how he couldn't fly like the inquisitors... maybe that is why we can't have this version :(.
  • TheMaster12345
    607 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    I would think the options are GLs Chancellor palpatine and Mace Windu or Jedi Master Obi wan and Darth Vader (pre suit).

Doubt they would do another Palpatine.

They have 5 hans and chewies. Why would they not add another palpatine?
  • They kind of put themselves in hole with GL's...they waited until they actually did pretty much every toon that actually qualifies for the status BEFORE they instituted the level of character.

The RoS simply IS NOT a legend. The original Emperor, is. Rey and Kylo are legends. Old Luke is a legend, but it was ROTJ/OT luke that is actually the legendary figure.

They just went too deep before pulling an idea for an over the top character motif. So, they have to deal with what's left - the ST. Sucks, but that's likely the logic. Would have worked better to add the same req's in a mission that takes you an elusive r8 level that gives you the same power as a GL as opposed to making all new characters.

I mean FFS, they've made Wat Tambor a bad--- and he barely had a line in the prequels. Ki Adi Mundi is more powerful than your average jedi, but didn't really do anything of note in the PT.

I mean, you know at some point we'll get Endor Luke, Han, and Leia and you'll be required to r7 them for someone else