I hate LS Geo

Prev1
It fails at the single most important job for a game: being fun.

Replies

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    disagree
  • Just one short sentence?
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    disagree

OP says she hates LS Geo, I have no reason to believe she's lying.

With that said, I enjoy it. Good teams and mods help though.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    The antidote to LS Geo is a healthy dose of LS Hoth aka EzPz mode! :D
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    disagree

• Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    disagree
    Lazy :p
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    man, I remember how fun hsth was at first. and tank. well, and rancor
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    disagree

Yes. I'm not too frustrated going 0/4 on a Combat Mission because its whatever and you can bulk deploy GP for the star / you know how much you can push for a star anyways

But I enjoy going 4/4

Also, its always fun to win the KAM mission
  • Ewokspy
    20 posts Member
    I love how the light side geo TB makes you feel you’ve gotten so much out of your investment. All the work I put into JKR, GMY, Bast and they can’t even clear one wave in phase one. I know when the three of them can’t kill one DDK, that it was all worth it.

It’s not fun. I dread this TB every time. And we cannot even complete it at this juncture. Almost a year later and it is still impossible to get full stars, and most guilds aren’t even touching P4 yet. Yay for content.
  • If they had made a calibration to lower the difficulty of the first wave of every battle it would have made it a lot more fun for everybody and also slightly increased the number of stars earned by weaker guilds but still keeping the difficulty of fully clearing it. Setting the choice for a guild between autoing an ancient Hoth or just deploying troops in the “new” Geo is strange. Both options are boring and basically driving people away from playing the game. Which for a company that wants more players to spend seems counter productive.
  • Billiam
    74 posts Member
    Yeah, 220mil guild, we only do it every other LSTB for GET2 tokens. I've never once seen a player of mine even happy about winning the rare ship battle or 4/4 squad battle. Usually it's just "Oh, didn't expect that, guess I won".

Once we max out both ships it's back to full time LS Hoth, and hoarding just the DSGeo and TW GET2 rewards for whatever else gets put in the GET2 store later on.
  • Whatelse73
    2146 posts Member
    Don't worry, in a year or two we will be able to "mathematically" max stars on it, or something! This is "future end game content", or something.

Last year CG said that THIS year we would be maxing it out. Yet, no guild can mathematically do max stars because the banner requirement is so excessively high. Further, we aren't getting the tools we were expecting we might get to be able to deal with the bogus amount of RNG and the 4-8 "bonus attacks" that happen whenever an AI character blinks, among other issues. (KAM Shard mission is garbage. RNG set to 11.)
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Got a source on that max quote?
  • I agree with OP. It is the worst game mode currently. Least fun the guild has. DS is much better all around. LS is just a moral killer for most guilds. And yes it is definitely the view of the overwhelming majority.
  • LS tb isnt fun at all. 90% of units cant compete in it even at Relic 7
    Ultra wrote:
    disagree
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Further, we aren't getting the tools we were expecting we might get to be able to deal with the bogus amount of RNG and the 4-8 "bonus attacks" that happen whenever an AI character blinks, among other issues. (KAM Shard mission is garbage. RNG set to 11.)
    JKL, Rey, Mothma and Rebels with Threepio & Chewie are 4/4 teams. Yes, some of them are not yet farmable, but the said "tools" already exist.

And there are guilds constantly getting 40+ KAM shards, but sure, blame it on RNG whatever is too challenging for you.
  • @RandomSithLord
    JKL, Rey, Mothma and Rebels with Threepio & Chewie are 4/4 teams. Yes, some of them are not yet farmable, but the said "tools" already exist.

Name 2 different Jedi squads with no overlapping members that can 4/4 the Jedi missions. Since, after all, you are required to fight two Jedi-only missions in the same phase.

Don't forget to allow Padmé to borrow the Jedi she needs for her special mission at the same time.

Shouldn't be any problem, since the tools exist. 5 Jedi, 5 Jedi, + Padmé and JKA and whatever Jedi friends you think those two need: you've got all three of those squads nailed down right? With no overlapping characters? We're eager to hear about them.
  • I should preface with I also hate LSGeo, and certainly not 4/4 and I hate the RNG day to day, but I'm getting better and could see success with better mods and relics with:
    JKL, GAS, Old Ben, HY, +1 (Ezra maybe?)
    JKR, Bastila, Jolee, GMY, +1 (Jumanji? Barriss?)
    Shaak + 501st
    Padme, GK, JKA, Snips, + 1 (3PO?) (Special mission)
    Rebels or Resistance
  • lolz
    89 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Agree. Most people in my guild (220m) do it just for the heck of it and get some rewards. 0 fun. There would be some level of fun if we could atleast get 1 wave reliably with a decent team. But NO, they force you to have certain teams with certain mods to get just 1 wave done reliably.

For those saying ds tb was also bad initially fail to see that even your half baked, semi decent teams dont get wiped out in 20 secs over there. You could atleast do something.
  • @RandomSithLord
    Name 2 different Jedi squads with no overlapping members that can 4/4 the Jedi missions. Since, after all, you are required to fight two Jedi-only missions in the same phase.

Don't forget to allow Padmé to borrow the Jedi she needs for her special mission at the same time.

Shouldn't be any problem, since the tools exist. 5 Jedi, 5 Jedi, + Padmé and JKA and whatever Jedi friends you think those two need: you've got all three of those squads nailed down right? With no overlapping characters? We're eager to hear about them.
    As a matter of fact:
    SM: Padme, GK, JKA, C3/R2, AT
    CMs: JKL, OB, HY, zBarriss, Ezra/Aayla (one of Aayla/Ezra will be an unconventional g13, not such a high price)
    JKR, GAS, GMY, Jolee, Bastila

You still have Shaak Clones and presumably Rey for the other 2 CMs, even if you don't have Threepio & Chewie or Mothma yet.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    I enjoy LS Geo. It's challenging. The only thing I'd change is to increase the rewards to make them more in line with the difficulty compared to DS.
  • SM: Padme, GK, JKA, C3/R2, AT

Watched the tutorials, tried this team, got trashed. Multiple times. Only non-r5+ was C3, which shouldn't matter much.
    CMs: JKL, OB, HY, zBarriss, Ezra/Aayla

I believe this one b/c I've seen game play with JKL showing 4/4 with Junior Varsity garbage, but doesn't help since I don't have JKL. Still have 3 toons left to pull to relic to qualify for his event, so... depending on when the event comes back, I can't even know for sure that I'll qualify then. If it comes in 3 days, probably not. If it comes in 3 weeks, def. yes. If it comes between those two????

Even after collecting JKL, however, I'll have to relic 5 new toons. Wonder how much extra gear I'll get during my one LS Geo TB per month b/c of gearing up all those toons?
    JKR, GAS, GMY, Jolee, Bastila

Yeah, this one I don't believe. JKR regularly gets smashed in these missions. Is it possible? Sure. The right RNG an r7 JKR squad could do it, but I'm pretty positive from the experience of my guild mates that this squad does NOT get 4/4 even 50% of the time.

Could it be my mods? Sure. But if that's the case, then it doesn't make me hate the game mode less, since I've been playing since January 2016 and I've farmed, sliced, and sold quite a lot of mods over the years. If this all comes down to whether I've had unusually good (or bad) luck on mods, then that's the same as saying that I lost the battle before it started.

And that is exactly what I didn't like about LS Geo when I made the OP, so we've simply come full circle.

Hey, I'm glad I can 4/4 one mission every time now, and I look forward to JKL giving me another mission to 4/4, but no. I don't think that we have the tools to 4/4 all CMs at this point.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    SM: Padme, GK, JKA, C3/R2, AT
    Watched the tutorials, tried this team, got trashed. Multiple times. Only non-r5+ was C3, which shouldn't matter much.
    Good thing I'm at 5+ completion on that mission. The team is right, mods and strategy might need to be adapted.

Regarding the JKR team, I admit it will not be a guaranteed 4/4. However with GAS there it takes more skill to lose it on wave 2 than to make it to at least a 3/4.
  • It's very nice by looks and that's it. Bloody reliced high-speed good mod teamups and I'm obliterated in phase one. It's all RNG and I hate it.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    If you think it's all RNG you need to work on your mods, comps, strats, or all of the above.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    LS tb isnt fun at all. 90% of units cant compete in it even at Relic 7

stop comparing it to other stuff this isnt like them at all unless we get relic 8-10 i dont see this getting easier to the majroity.
    I've learned that you just don't need maxed out gear, but proper modding on your team (6E mods too)

Some teams can go with less maxed out modding such as GL Rey or JTR
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    disagree

Kind of. I only beat 1 wave of the South Jedi Mission with all R7 (save Jolee, R5) of:

JKR (L)
    JKL
    HY
    GAS
    Jolee

All but Jolee are on my arena team and modded to the nines. Jolee is modded at around a B team via the SWGOH mods optimizer.

1 wave. In phase 1.

There's no progression left. Maybe if relics actually unlocked abilities as advertised we might have a shot at making more progress other than by getting GLs (my GL Rey went 4/4 obvs), but that we can have maxed characters and the outcome still be this heavily dictated by RNG is pretty unacceptable, even if WAI (possibly ~gulp~ for the next relic cap increase).
  • TVF wrote: »
    disagree

Kind of. I only beat 1 wave of the South Jedi Mission with all R7 (save Jolee, R5) of:
    JKR (L)
    JKL
    HY
    GAS
    Jolee
    That is possibly one of the worst splits you can have.
    Try JKL (slow), HY, OB, Jolee, +1 (GMY for example) or JKR, GMY, Jolee, Bastila, HY/GAS. Both teams have a good potential for 4/4 in South (the second one especially if you replace HY with GAS).

FYI, 4/4 on both Jedi missions in P1 is possible with currently existing characters (while doing the SM with Padme, GK, JKA) and without using KAM.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    disagree

JKR (L)
    JKL
    HY
    GAS
    Jolee

All but Jolee are on my arena team and modded to the nines. Jolee is modded at around a B team via the SWGOH mods optimizer.

1 wave. In phase 1.

No "kind of" about it. You used the wrong team, because you used the wrong lead.