JKL base speed

Lordwar83
112 posts Member
edited September 2020
ke9k666cah5n.jpeg

Is JKL‘s Base speed with or without mods?

Replies

• With mods
  • Yeah this is super confusing I made a thread about it a few days ago but the mods moved it to the character strategy section. The wording in game is terrible. Base speed is your speed when you enter battle before any buffs are applied. So mods do count. You have to mod your jkl super slow.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    With mods

This.

With mods, before anything else is applied.
  • Thx
  • yankeeh8er wrote: »
    Yeah this is super confusing I made a thread about it a few days ago but the mods moved it to the character strategy section. The wording in game is terrible. Base speed is your speed when you enter battle before any buffs are applied. So mods do count. You have to mod your jkl super slow.

1. If you use the Discussions feature on the forums it doesn't matter where a thread gets moved
    2. Not convinced it's "terrible wording," so much as "we use the word to mean something different than CG uses it to mean."

I am not aware of any other wording in game where "base x" means anything other than "value of x at the start of the encounter."
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    StarSon wrote: »
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    Yeah this is super confusing I made a thread about it a few days ago but the mods moved it to the character strategy section. The wording in game is terrible. Base speed is your speed when you enter battle before any buffs are applied. So mods do count. You have to mod your jkl super slow.

1. If you use the Discussions feature on the forums it doesn't matter where a thread gets moved

or the search function, when you have a fairly specific question.
    StarSon wrote: »
    yankeeh8er wrote: »

2. Not convinced it's "terrible wording," so much as "we use the word to mean something different than CG uses it to mean."

I am not aware of any other wording in game where "base x" means anything other than "value of x at the start of the encounter."

Agree, we use words in ways they have never been used by the dev team. This has always been the way they have used "base X".