Galactic Challenges Feedback

I want to start off by saying thank you for listening so far. The increase in rewards is a very nice gesture. That being said, there is still room for improvement. I consider myself a pretty good gamer. I do well with game strategies, character kits, synergies, etc and I have a top 30 501st squad at full relic 7. I cannot beat level V while also using well geared droids to get the feat. I can understand that my droids are not well enough geared for level VII, but not being able to finish level V just seems like it's way too difficult. Also, I have yet to defeat a level VII altogether, even without feats, with full relic 7 squads. I'm not saying make it easy, but a full relic 7 squad should at least stand a normal chance of success. Or it should be able to kill a couple of the units.

Using an irl example, anyone can write a test that no students can pass. It takes no skill to do so. What makes a good educator/test writer is making the test meaningful and appropriately challenging, so those who worked at it will succeed and those who did not will fail. Going back to the game example, my squad is at maximum relic level with 6e mods. If your goal is to make me spend more money, I can't put any more money into that squad. In this case, the test is failing the person who worked hard and studied. It's a poorly constructed test.

Again, thank you for listening and I hope you consider this feedback as well.

Replies

• 3esan9o2z2my.jpeg
    Haven’t heard anyone beating it without GL rey.!
    I used GL rey, old rey,r2 bb8 all relic 7. C3po relic 4
  • You can solo it with a max geared, all zeta SLKR (No Ultimate needed), but I agree the difficulty leaps, specially from Tier 4 to Tier 5, are absurd. Tier 4 is laughably easy, suddenly a full R7 team can't even get a single turn into Tier 5.

Consistent difficulty jumps would be much appreciated.
  • I want to start off by saying thank you for listening so far. The increase in rewards is a very nice gesture. That being said, there is still room for improvement. I consider myself a pretty good gamer. I do well with game strategies, character kits, synergies, etc and I have a top 30 501st squad at full relic 7. I cannot beat level V while also using well geared droids to get the feat. I can understand that my droids are not well enough geared for level VII, but not being able to finish level V just seems like it's way too difficult. Also, I have yet to defeat a level VII altogether, even without feats, with full relic 7 squads. I'm not saying make it easy, but a full relic 7 squad should at least stand a normal chance of success. Or it should be able to kill a couple of the units.

Using an irl example, anyone can write a test that no students can pass. It takes no skill to do so. What makes a good educator/test writer is making the test meaningful and appropriately challenging, so those who worked at it will succeed and those who did not will fail. Going back to the game example, my squad is at maximum relic level with 6e mods. If your goal is to make me spend more money, I can't put any more money into that squad. In this case, the test is failing the person who worked hard and studied. It's a poorly constructed test.

I guess it will be the case for all GL factions. Faction feat being the heart of GC imo, in order to keep things interesting for gl owners they need to tailor a difficulty level for them. So it's either at t7, which means non GL owners will have a crazy hard time, or create a specific t8 for events with a GL faction.
  • I want to start off by saying thank you for listening so far. The increase in rewards is a very nice gesture. That being said, there is still room for improvement. I consider myself a pretty good gamer. I do well with game strategies, character kits, synergies, etc and I have a top 30 501st squad at full relic 7. I cannot beat level V while also using well geared droids to get the feat. I can understand that my droids are not well enough geared for level VII, but not being able to finish level V just seems like it's way too difficult. Also, I have yet to defeat a level VII altogether, even without feats, with full relic 7 squads. I'm not saying make it easy, but a full relic 7 squad should at least stand a normal chance of success. Or it should be able to kill a couple of the units.

What reward increase?They took out half the kyros and g12 finishers to add 8 stun guns to t5 and carbs and cuffs 4 each in t6.The only positive thing they did is eliminate the gear gate,the event is running on a 3 day which is still too much,you still get next to nothing gear that is if you have the team required to relics and they have not addresed the most critical thing,HAVING SOMETHING TO DO ON A DAILY.
    I was so optimistic when they responded an said they are listening at our feedback and then they just deployed the event again with the rewards "fixed" and that was all,the communication was done on a podcast,they could atleast let us know(for the ones that don't follow the podcast) that they did an interview and give us a short description in the official forums...God!

What reward increase?They took out half the kyros and g12 finishers to add 8 stun guns to t5 and carbs and cuffs 4 each in t6.The only positive thing they did is eliminate the gear gate,the event is running on a 3 day which is still too much,you still get next to nothing gear that is if you have the team required to relics and they have not addresed the most critical thing,HAVING SOMETHING TO DO ON A DAILY.
    I was so optimistic when they responded an said they are listening at our feedback and then they just deployed the event again with the rewards "fixed" and that was all,the communication was done on a podcast,they could atleast let us know(for the ones that don't follow the podcast) that they did an interview and give us a short description in the official forums...God!

It's more about rewards structure than total rewards. Before you absolutely needed the chosen faction to get the good rewards. Now you can have something nice through any feat, which is motivation to truly engage with the event imo.
  • Isn’t this how freemium games work? Allow some success initially and then paywall further progress. Do you feel more likely to spend gear, zetas, or money after being frustrated with tier 5?
  • Isn’t this how freemium games work? Allow some success initially and then paywall further progress. Do you feel more likely to spend gear, zetas, or money after being frustrated with tier 5?

I am definitely not. Really the reward does not make me want to spend money to get it.
  • Horrible rewards and mechanics and abilities. This is like the 3v3 of challenges
  • Still boring. The modifiers are just pointless
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Horrible rewards and mechanics and abilities. This is like the 3v3 of challenges

Disagree
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Sewpot wrote: »
    3esan9o2z2my.jpeg
    Haven’t heard anyone beating it without GL rey.!
    I used GL rey, old rey,r2 bb8 all relic 7. C3po relic 4

I beat the last tier with JTR, BB8, R2, C3PO and RH Finn. It was challenging for sure. But the key was to spread the damage around keeping the sides alive. Once you get bb8s special off, using c3po mass assist on GG to take him out.
  • Baudiste wrote: »
    Still boring. The modifiers are just pointless

Bingo.

Also less kyros and g12+ finisher pieces overall.

Shame CG. You fixed everything reward wise and created a new issue.

Also why is it not 10 pieces? If im going to need to really level my relics to get them... id like to see recoup of invest a whole lot quicker

Before- You got 28 salvage for all feats (r3 and r5 gated ones, etc) prior, focused on kyros and finishers. Plus either shards or crystals or some droid callers. Everything else was worthless.

Now- You get 38 high demand salvage for all feats, spread out more to have less kyro/finisher and include cuffs/guns/carbantis/eyeballs. Plus you get shards and crytals and the droid callers.

There was a raw increase in rewards. Plus, much of the rewards now are accessible without even having the full g12 or relic teams.

Before- You got 28 salvage for all feats (r3 and r5 gated ones, etc) prior, focused on kyros and finishers. Plus either shards or crystals or some droid callers. Everything else was worthless.

Now- You get 38 high demand salvage for all feats, spread out more to have less kyro/finisher and include cuffs/guns/carbantis/eyeballs. Plus you get shards and crytals and the droid callers.

There was a raw increase in rewards. Plus, much of the rewards now are accessible without even having the full g12 or relic teams.

So it begs the question.... why reduce any of the good rewards at all? Why not just swap out the bad and the terrible gear gate feat?
  • Exactly. And the Assault battles provides more fun, tbh.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    I want to start off by saying thank you for listening so far. The increase in rewards is a very nice gesture. That being said, there is still room for improvement. I consider myself a pretty good gamer. I do well with game strategies, character kits, synergies, etc and I have a top 30 501st squad at full relic 7. I cannot beat level V while also using well geared droids to get the feat. I can understand that my droids are not well enough geared for level VII, but not being able to finish level V just seems like it's way too difficult. Also, I have yet to defeat a level VII altogether, even without feats, with full relic 7 squads. I'm not saying make it easy, but a full relic 7 squad should at least stand a normal chance of success. Or it should be able to kill a couple of the units.

So it begs the question.... why reduce any of the good rewards at all? Why not just swap out the bad and the terrible gear gate feat?

Because the rewards have changed for every single GC?
  • ShaggyB wrote: »

People wanted stun guns MK V- they got them. And yes, that means they replace something else. They aren't going to reward 85 salvage for a 30 minute solo event that runs frequently (in theory).
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    ShaggyB wrote: »

People wanted stun guns MK V- they got them. And yes, that means they replace something else. They aren't going to reward 85 salvage for a 30 minute solo event that runs frequently (in theory).

I am convinced that some people are only happy when they're not happy.
  • commander_paw_212
    315 posts Member
    edited September 2020

Dear Crumb

I appreciate galactic challenges and the effort that went in to making this event. As a player of the game since launch and a fan of what you do at CG.
    I have only 1 piece of feedback. I think it would be cool if for every tier of galactic challenges you have shards for an exclusive character. Example Jedi knight obi one, tier 1: 1 shard, tier 2: 2 shards, tier 3:3 shards and so on and so forth. You could make the character 145 shards much like the TB characters. This would provide a great challenge and motivation for this game mode. I understand this idea could look unprofitable but you could change difficulty to require a good level characters. This would allow you to keep the gear and add a motivation for end game players/whales. Thanks for all you do. Appreciate the work!

I hope we get some prequel content soon!!! I hope you get this message

Thanks