Tier 3 forest moon completion

Anyone? What team?

Replies

• What team got you TO T3?

My R3+ droid team can get to 8/8, but alas DDK and GG can't take it themselves - and that's T1.
  • There’s the old Thrawn, B1, B2, Droideka, Magna team (or BB8 for Droideka works too).

But that takes absolutely forever to do T1, never mind T2.

EP, Vader, Thrawn, GG, B1 completes T1 much quicker for me.
  • I have reached phase 4 in tier 3 with Thrawn, Magna, B1, B2 and Droideka (and not BB8). But Teebo was faster than my 80% TM Thrawn. :s
  • I’ve 3 starred tier 2 before but the last couple of times this event has come up I can’t do tier 2 at all.

I can get to 4/8 on both tier 2 and tier 3 using Thrawn lead G12 , droideka G12, b1 relic 5, magnaguard relic 5.
    This after extensive remodding of which I have decided never to bother again.

3 hours I tried . Times it right with fracture in 4/8 almost every time , my magna can survive 1 or 2 hits from teebo.
    Problem I kept having was teebo was ALWAYS under stealth stopping me from getting the second fracture on him.

If I ever get round to bb8 above g8 lol I might have a shot.
  • I have reached phase 4 in tier 3 with Thrawn, Magna, B1, B2 and Droideka (and not BB8). But Teebo was faster than my 80% TM Thrawn. :s

Yeah, I had 500 stacks on b1 and managed to kill off both elders. But teebo did a double tap on my magna before b1 could heal him and Thrawn had stood ready with the fracture. That hurt. Then teebo went ballistic and did 8 attacks for each round of my guys, so that means he gained 8 times my top speed of 292. Not sure that’s WAI.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Imperial trooper baby

4a75ulm71loz.jpeg
  • cboath7 wrote: »
    What team got you TO T3?

My R3+ droid team can get to 8/8, but alas DDK and GG can't take it themselves - and that's T1.

Thrawn, B1, Droideka, B2, Magnaguard. Mod Magnaguard for protection--arrow, triangle, cross, circle.

Separatist droids (other than B1) use the event ability as much as possible in phases 1-3 and 5-7. If they have to attack, use a single target attack. Thrawn uses his TM switch on B1 whenever it's available, then his leader ability's cleanse (to give him 50% TM), then the event ability, continue that sequence until P4. In P4 either use TM swirch on Magnaguard to get a taunt up, or fracture Teebo while you kill the elders. B1 uses their special every turn. By the time you get to P4 you should likely have 200 stacks of Droid Battalion. By P8, 300+ is easy to have, which makes your droids functionally immune to Logray.

They only way this setup goes wrong is if your Magnaguard doesn't get a taunt before Teebo's first turn, or if your Magnaguard isn't geared enough to survive Teebo's attack even with all the protection from mods.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • So Piett is probably the best character in a trooper lineup. Can’t wait to have him finished! Let’s get this farm going already!! Lol
  • Sweet mercy. Nice Troopers @vincentlondon ! Slightly jealous.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    cboath7 wrote: »
    What team got you TO T3?

Thrawn, B1, Droideka, B2, Magnaguard. Mod Magnaguard for protection--arrow, triangle, cross, circle.

Separatist droids (other than B1) use the event ability as much as possible in phases 1-3 and 5-7. If they have to attack, use a single target attack. Thrawn uses his TM switch on B1 whenever it's available, then his leader ability's cleanse (to give him 50% TM), then the event ability, continue that sequence until P4. In P4 either use TM swirch on Magnaguard to get a taunt up, or fracture Teebo while you kill the elders. B1 uses their special every turn. By the time you get to P4 you should likely have 200 stacks of Droid Battalion. By P8, 300+ is easy to have, which makes your droids functionally immune to Logray.

They only way this setup goes wrong is if your Magnaguard doesn't get a taunt before Teebo's first turn, or if your Magnaguard isn't geared enough to survive Teebo's attack even with all the protection from mods.

Thanks for that. It worked!

Teebo's just an obnoxious PITA. First two tries, he goes first and knocks people out before i got a shot off. 3rd time, he didn't and thrawn's fracture sent me through to 3* it. Now i guess i need to bump everyone to R5+ for tier 2.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    I just can complete T1 with:

ZZEmperor R7, zzVader G12, zThrawn R5, zBB-8 G12 and Tarkin G11.

I use Vader’s MM on every round, and with Tarkin’s debuffs and emperor zapping them, build up as many debuffs. BB8 just building up his buffing ring of hell and Thrawn fractures/giving protection to whoever is low.

While Round 4 cames up, BB8 unleashes the buffing ring, Vader goes MM on them, Thrawn fractures Teebo, and Emperor stuns them all and Tarkin unleashes his debuffs.

I never used Tarkin’s special AOE until R4 and R8, so it builds up as well.

And my mods aren’t that great for Tarkin. Vader’s Cull blade is used on the low HP opponent.
  • T1 - G12 Thrawn lead, R7 Palp, R7 R2, R2 C3PO and R2 BB8. Pretty easy as long as BB8 is first to move on Wave 4 and pops ID. Fracture and other shenanigans and you're off to the races.

T2 not a chance in heck.
  • I stopped bothering after 3 or so attempts. It's just not worth it to sit there for 5 hours hoping to get the right RNG so you can complete it. (And it seems in this case, increasing relics on characters like Thrawn, makes it more difficult. So, yay?!)

CG seriously needs to do better than just hit the +25% stats button when they add a tier to assault battles. Oh, except for Darth Sidious, they hit the wrong button and gave him +250% stats.

It's either laziness, or made for frustration purchasing goals. If you can't do it, don't get stressed about it. Give it a go the next time and if not, oh well. Don't waste your day trying if you can't in the first few tries. Again, not worth it to reward laziness with your time by playing tiers of assault battles CG just pumped up stats to stupid levels on.
  • Seeing that tier 3 can be beat easy with troopers and Piett makes me happy! Still wondering about the NS tier 3 event!?’ That one is still out of control. Even for a full Phoenix and a full NS team can’t beat it.
  • cboath7 wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    cboath7 wrote: »
    What team got you TO T3?

Thanks for that. It worked!

Teebo's just an obnoxious PITA. First two tries, he goes first and knocks people out before i got a shot off. 3rd time, he didn't and thrawn's fracture sent me through to 3* it. Now i guess i need to bump everyone to R5+ for tier 2.

Comgrats! Yeah, man, Teebo's a **** and a half.... The plus side is that even if your TM doesn't quite work out, there's a 40% chance of him attacking Magnaguard or B1 and you'll be okay. But that's still a real coinflip.... Eventually it works and the real pain becomes killing both Elders before one resses the other.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    whasd9excuo9.jpeg

6j3bk2h3dn6h.jpeg

Well Piett is the key for that tier. My guild mate did it with this team. Funny how one character makes such a difference when a full relic team comps can’t.
  • Sewpot wrote: »
    whasd9excuo9.jpeg

6j3bk2h3dn6h.jpeg

Well Piett is the key for that tier. My guild mate did it with this team. Funny how one character makes such a difference when a full relic team comps can’t.

Power of cash .... P2W
  • Imperial trooper baby

4a75ulm71loz.jpeg

I kinda thought that was gonna be the key
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    I stopped bothering after 3 or so attempts. It's just not worth it to sit there for 5 hours hoping to get the right RNG so you can complete it. (And it seems in this case, increasing relics on characters like Thrawn, makes it more difficult. So, yay?!)

CG seriously needs to do better than just hit the +25% stats button when they add a tier to assault battles. Oh, except for Darth Sidious, they hit the wrong button and gave him +250% stats.

It's either laziness, or made for frustration purchasing goals. If you can't do it, don't get stressed about it. Give it a go the next time and if not, oh well. Don't waste your day trying if you can't in the first few tries. Again, not worth it to reward laziness with your time by playing tiers of assault battles CG just pumped up stats to stupid levels on.

Yep. Wait till you get new trooper team up or dont bother as its not worth relic across the whole team
  • Sewpot wrote: »
    whasd9excuo9.jpeg

6j3bk2h3dn6h.jpeg

What tier is this?
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Challenge Tier 3
  • I 3* T2 with this team:
    G11 zEP, R3 zVader, G11 Thrawn, G12 zGrievous, R4 zHK-47

I will try that next time. I need to change up something tier 2 is such a slog with thrawn, b1, b2, magna, and bb8. It takes 20 mins to get to p4 and then teebo becides to hit your magna twice and you have to start over.
  • yankeeh8er wrote: »
    Sewpot wrote: »
    whasd9excuo9.jpeg

6j3bk2h3dn6h.jpeg

What tier is this?

Good to know. Next year when I get Piett 7* I'll have the rest of my team ready to go for completing this.
  • Piett is must farm now. That event is totally miserable. I dread so much every time it comes back.

I have G12.4 zzEP, R1 zzzVader, R1 thrawn, R4 GG, R5 HK. i'll try it next time, but imagine i'll be thumped easily in T2.