Updated Galactic Challenge Feedback

Replies

• Where is today's galactic challenge? If we have to wait a week, I don't see the point in making it last 3 days instead of the whole week.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    The rewards are adjusted for 3 day period

So that’s 10 GCs a month and if the rewards are the same, we are talking about 80 stun guns each month

If the duration was 2 days the rewards would be less (15 GC per month = ~5 stun guns every two days)

They did cut out some finishers and kyros but alleviated the early crunch (cuffs / carbs / guns) leading up to g12 which is good enough imo

So out of curiosity, where's today's GC? Everyone was on this 10 GCs a month kick. Less kyros is okay bc there's more events running, ppl said. Every 3 days we get a new one :joy: Where's it hiding?
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    I’m sure they’re working on releasing a full schedule of GC with no breaks, hopefully today
  • [/quote]Find the quote where they said that

They talked about GC being an event that can be done everyday after daily activities and GC was going to be something you can do everyday, they never said you would get rewards everyday, that was our assumption

You'll get new rewards every 3 days which is fine. Personally, would've preferred 2 day durations but it is what it is[/quote]

Not disagreeing at all, but this comment made me chuckle. I can't imagine a single person who would want to play this everyday without the rewards. This just shows (once again) how disconnected they are from their own game.
  • Ltswb1 wrote: »
    TLDR
    Those with GLs vote : 👍

Those without GLs vote: 👎👎👎

Which is ironic, because those without GLs wouldn't have been able to even complete the feats that were behind the relic walls in the earlier iterations of GCs.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Appreciate the improvements in multiple areas. Rewards structure and actual rewards were much better. Feats were better. Three days duration is better than a week.

Actual gameplay was not better. My previous input was skepticism that a full G12.0 team could beat tier V. It only got worse. There is no meaningful gameplay for G11/G12 characters. T4 is autoable. T5 is for all intents and purposes impossible for G12. The balance is not right. Should be engaging regardless of your roster development (as advertised) and it's not.
  • Thought the whole point of this thing was to provide a mode we could play regularly? We presumably got out of the beta-in-production stage since they tweaked rewards and difficulty. So what gives? Where’s the next one?
    Really looking forward to those Bespin and Endurance events tomorrow....woohoo.
  • Monomer wrote: »
    Thought the whole point of this thing was to provide a mode we could play regularly? We presumably got out of the beta-in-production stage since they tweaked rewards and difficulty. So what gives? Where’s the next one?
    Really looking forward to those Bespin and Endurance events tomorrow....woohoo.

Don’t forget you’ve got to look forward to filling platoons and deploying in TB as well.
  • So where is the next one? What has happened to the daily replayable content they said we would have? I’m bored outta my mind over here. I’ve spun all my toons and beat the GAS event 3 times all the way through. Come in CG!!!

It was probably another test. They gathered new feedback, now they have to find a way to technically address the complaints without really improving anything. After that, we can look forward to another event.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    So where is the next one? What has happened to the daily replayable content they said we would have? I’m bored outta my mind over here. I’ve spun all my toons and beat the GAS event 3 times all the way through. Come in CG!!!

It was probably another test. They gathered new feedback, now they have to find a way to technically address the complaints without really improving anything.

Except they did.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • @dogwelder79
    Where is today's galactic challenge? If we have to wait a week, I don't see the point in making it last 3 days instead of the whole week.

Oh, look! Exactly what I said every single time someone suggested reducing the time-to-complete during the beta test!

Everyone just assumed that there would be one constantly running and that if they reduced the time-to-complete that there would be more of them.

They have NEVER promised that. Maybe it will turn out that way. It would be nice, but they NEVER promised that. In absence of a commitment to have an event every day, recommending a reduction in the time to complete was just asking to be left without a GalChallenge most of the time.

And hey! It happened!

I would switch my forum name to Cassandra, but no one would pay attention anyway.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    It didn't "happen" until we know that we're out of exhibition and there's a set schedule.
  • The issue is that we have to guess what the schedule will be. CG doesn't communicate. We only know about the 3 days from an interview they did but is not posted anywhere in the official communication.

If you want an example of CG's great communication, click on the "Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes EA" icon at the top left of this page. You can read about the "Latest News" for the game (it is from October 2018).

How can anyone get excited about any updates for this game when there is no communication and our expectations from the past are "whatever CG does will be minimal content with a bunch of packs".
  • @TVF
    It didn't "happen" until we know that we're out of exhibition and there's a set schedule.

What? No.

It has happened. It's happening right now. Just because we don't know whether it will continue to happen doesn't mean that this moment doesn't exist.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    @MasterSeedy you don't need to tag me every time.

There's been no announcement that we are no longer in exhibition mode. There's been no announcement what the plan is for the schedule. So yeah, it hasn't happened yet.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I’m sure they’re working on releasing a full schedule of GC with no breaks, hopefully today

or are they?
  • @dogwelder79
    Where is today's galactic challenge? If we have to wait a week, I don't see the point in making it last 3 days instead of the whole week.

Oh, look! Exactly what I said every single time someone suggested reducing the time-to-complete during the beta test!

Everyone just assumed that there would be one constantly running and that if they reduced the time-to-complete that there would be more of them.

They have NEVER promised that. Maybe it will turn out that way. It would be nice, but they NEVER promised that.

From road ahead on 6/26:

“Our main goal for this feature (galactic challenges) is to provide more activities for players each day. We hear players asking for more ways to use their growing roster of units and want more than just new events that you can master quickly or sim.”

Sure sounds like they wanted daily content to me.
  • TVF wrote: »

There's been no announcement that we are no longer in exhibition mode. There's been no announcement what the plan is for the schedule. So yeah, it hasn't happened yet.

So if we are still potentially in exhibition mode, how are you so comfortable in arguing that they have made changes to the rewards in response to our feedback?

You can’t have it both ways when it suits your argument.
  • I would switch my forum name to Cassandra, but no one would pay attention anyway.

Cassandra seems the perfect name then.

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    kello_511 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

So if we are still potentially in exhibition mode, how are you so comfortable in arguing that they have made changes to the rewards in response to our feedback?

You can't argue they didn't make a change for this last one, because they did.

No one knows if it's the final form, sure.
  • Kyno, please read this.

If you can I would appreciate if you could get this message to Crumb if he gets it please let me know,

Dear Crumb

I appreciate galactic challenges and the effort that went in to making this event. As a player of the game since launch and a fan of what you do at CG.
    I have only 1 piece of feedback. I think it would be cool if for every tier of galactic challenges you have shards for an exclusive character. Example Jedi knight obi one, tier 1: 1 shard, tier 2: 2 shards, tier 3:3 shards and so on and so forth. You could make the character 145 shards much like the TB characters. This would provide a great challenge and motivation for this game mode. I understand this idea could look unprofitable but you could change difficulty to require a good level characters. This would allow you to keep the gear and add a motivation for end game players/whales. Thanks for all you do. Appreciate the work!

I hope we get some prequel content soon!!! I hope you get this message

Thanks
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    @Monomer

I'm fully aware of the quote, but "wanting" and "promising" are very, very different ... something others don't seem willing to acknowledge.

That quote doesn't begin to change my mind that I'm correct to think they never promised that there would be a GalChallenge every day.
  • Monomer

I'm fully aware of the quote, but "wanting" and "promising" are very, very different ... something others don't seem willing to acknowledge.

That quote doesn't begin to change my mind that I'm correct to think they never promised that there would be a GalChallenge every day.
    Just as an analogy....nah, just kidding.

I agree. Having the "ideal goal" out there and "promising" are not the same. If they drop an update on the next day or three with a GC schedule, that'd be great but me.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • @Monomer

Sure. It wasn’t a “promise”. But did someone actually claim they promised? Anyway, the RA still set expectations. They gave their intent and they aren’t matching it.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    kello_511 wrote: »

You can't argue they didn't make a change for this last one, because they did.

No one knows if it's the final form, sure.

I should point out that I think it's dumb we had an additional event start and end with no further communication.
  • InyakSolomon88
    1247 posts Member
    edited September 2020

I should point out that I think it's dumb we had an additional event start and end with no further communication.

This goes back to the lack of improvements based on feedback. With zero context whatsoever for the res GC they released, we genuinely do not know what that event was.

Our options, as they stand, are the following:
    1. They listened to feedback and made changes.
    2. These were changes they were always going to make and feedback was irrelevant.
    3. They did listen to feedback, are making changes, some of which were pre-planned (not influenced by feedback) and others which weren't (are influenced by feedback).

But all of those scenarios still beg the question- Was this last event the finished product? We don't know. Should we be continuing to offer feedback for changes? No one knows. And that is what annoys me the most. This is their brand new 'mode' they've been asking us to offer feedback about, gave us a lengthy beta test, then stayed mute as they almost immediately released a different version of the event with zero explanation. And nothing since the res one ended, either. Remember when they said were excited about this event? Doesn't really seem like it.

I would still rather have a new raid than GCs.
  • “Our main goal for this feature (galactic challenges) is to provide more activities for players each day. We hear players asking for more ways to use their growing roster of units and want more than just new events that you can master quickly or sim.”

Since they made it a 3 day event or anything more then 1 day event,there is no way to fulfill the top statement,repeating an event without rewards will not happen for most of the players,especially this type of event...

• “Our main goal for this feature (galactic challenges) is to provide more activities for players each day. We hear players asking for more ways to use their growing roster of units and want more than just new events that you can master quickly or sim.”

Since they made it a 3 day event or anything more then 1 day event,there is no way to fulfill the top statement,repeating an event without rewards will not happen for most of the players,especially this type of event...

Not everyone can play it all the way through the day it drops. Some players have raids, arenas, etc and some have real lives too.

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    They also considered tying it to dailies and decided to drop that (thank goodness).