Why does GL Luke require 21 characters at relic 3+

Replies

• Larx wrote: »

And:
    Why should a newer Player compare himself with a vet?
    Totally different Arena Shards and mostly total different Guilds.
    GLs are never meant to be for new/newer Player.

Sorry, but this is just utter nonsense.
    I started a new account just about 5 months ago and several people already have SLKR. The reason for going after a GL then should be obvious.
  • Darthpippa wrote: »
    It is entirely possible that jkl is also required for palp right? We don't know yet, but i woukd say his battle with luke was a pretty big event in his lifetime (avoiding spoilers here)

Yes and yes. Also, kind of hard to spoil an event from 27 years ago.
  • Narkny wrote: »
    Larx wrote: »

And:

I started a new account just about 5 months ago and several people already have SLKR. The reason for going after a GL then should be obvious.

Then they can keep in going for gls where one of these gls are harder/takes longer to reach than the others. Meanwhile for a veteran the same means easier.
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    GhostRep wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    To you question, Why does GL Luke require 21 characters at r3: in short he doesn't. You are simply ignoring the gain of JKL.

In short yes it does, last time I checked you need 9 characters at relic 3 to get him, add the 15 you need to unlock GL Luke, remove the 2 that is shared between the JKL and GL Luke, that makes 22 characters

correct you need 9 to get JKL. that step is done, and a step in and of itself. and you are rewarded as such.

now you move onto a different goal JML, who needs 15 characters.
    if you run 2 races in the same day, even back to back, the length of the second race is still the same.

This ignores the wear and tear of running the first race when you're running the second one.

No it doesnt.

He never mentions the personal well being of the runner.

He only factors in that running a 5k and then a 10k doesnt make the 10k = 15k. Second race is still only a 10k race.

You are arguing two seperate things. Overall cost of experience vs individual cost of experience.

Hes not arguing what you are arguing. Hes not missing it... hes not having the same discussion.

unless its slkr vs rey
    doing the slkr run first makes the 2. race actually a 7k race instead of a 10k race because of the additional rewards you get from slkr which you didnt from rey
    but for now we dont have content that justifies a new gl
    there is no new raid for now everything else is farmable to a certain point
    an additional star in geo tbs doesnt even matter in a grand scheme of reward income per month so its not speeding up your next gl farm
    big guilds still wont be able to beat ls geo tb because everyone is still WAAYYY off in deployable gp
    so for now palp and luke get you another gl team in gac and tw...yay

And:

And on my alt - started a year ago - everything is full with GAS and Padme and no GLs.

Whales gonna whale.
    And this type of whale doesnt want to catch up. They just wanna sit on their first place in Arena.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Sewpot wrote: »
    We still may get a surprise with Palp with the last prerequisites. They will probably introduce a character that needs even more charity acquire just like jMl . That’s my prediction

They are not adding any character to his requirements that is not in game already at this point in time.

Is that confirmed by CG? Some people are thinking a new character that requires GET1 or GET2
  • Reason I am going for SEE
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
    Sewpot wrote: »
    We still may get a surprise with Palp with the last prerequisites. They will probably introduce a character that needs even more charity acquire just like jMl . That’s my prediction

They are not adding any character to his requirements that is not in game already at this point in time.

Is that confirmed by CG? Some people are thinking a new character that requires GET1 or GET2

Kyno stated it the peice about "no characters that aren't already in the game". I'm honestly far too tired right now to dig it up.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • StarSon wrote: »
    Darthpippa wrote: »
    It is entirely possible that jkl is also required for palp right? We don't know yet, but i woukd say his battle with luke was a pretty big event in his lifetime (avoiding spoilers here)

Hey it was already a long time ago 27 years ago and we didn't know then ! So just wanted to be sure :)
  • Can you get master Luke without knight Luke?No.How can there be requirements for Jedi Knight Luke and to gain Master Luke those requirements doesn’t exist?.Simple it does.

Umm, 37 years ago

Umm, 37 years ago

Math is hard.
  • Being uber technically speaking, to unlock GL Luke, you need at least 50 toons/ships.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/iq3a6j/full_requirements_for_gml_so_far_yep_thats_50/

j63yzhg55yzb.png

It looks like your forgetting Wedge & his X-Wing & Han's Falcon under JKL and the Bounty Hunter ships used for Falcon

I counted 51 so far with 5 still to be revealed.

I'm impressed, this one character will require something like 25% of the characters/ships in the game to complete when all is said & done.

You can cover an entire GAC Defense deployment just in teams farmed for Master Luke :)
  • A few thoughts

1. Did anyone really think that jkl wouldn't be req for jml? It was pretty obvious.

2. If you have already been working towards jkl, then him being required is actually a good thing since there is a lot of overlap with several of the characters already needed being also needed for jkl. Better for those than having to also gear crap toons.

3. If you don't have jkl, you can still go for the new ep.

4. The amount needed to spend are probably actually reasonably similar considering their target audience, krackens. Most of them already bought jkl or have been working on him long enough that finishing up his requirements probably aren't any more expensive than gearing up a bunch of previously ignored toons.

5. Not every nee meta will be newer player friendly. Some will and some won't. Jkr was the last one that was. The new emperor seems to be at least as far as a gl can be. I know on my alt, I'll probably go for him before other GLs. Jml is more friendly for veteran players. Had I not taken an 8 month break, I probably would have jkl by now and I'd go for jml on my main account but since I won't make it in time for the event, I'm going for palps on that one too. But people who have played since launch, are definitely in a position to easily get jml.

So in conclusion the two seem to be geared towards different groups. And that's ok.

6. The reqs aren't final yet. So they may still require some hard to get characters for ep. Maybe malak? That would make it a bit more even since malak requires 10 characters at about g12. They could ad thrawn for another 5 (though at lower gear). Or maybe traya for a raid character. But there won't be any two tier journey characters since there just aren't that many darkside legendaries. I don't think gas will be required. It just doesn't fit too much. Most of the req have been of a similar faction and the same alignment. The exception is old han for kylo but that was probably a story choice rather than just to put a ls character in there for no good reason. So I doubt it will be repeated.
  • Wat Tambor could also be used for the Emperor.
    He was under Sidious and Dooku.

So the reqs would be more than even.
    ( Looking at you GET1! )
  • Larx wrote: »
    Wat Tambor could also be used for the Emperor.

( Looking at you GET1! )

GET 1 to farm Wat... wut...?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Making GAS a requirement for Palp would be similar to needing JKL.

Doesn't sound stupid... at all!
  • Spharynx01 wrote: »
    Wat Tambor could also be used for the Emperor.

( Looking at you GET1! )

GET 1 to farm Wat... wut...?

Nope.
    You need GET1 for Wampa and Hoda = longtime farm

GeoTB for Wat = longtime farm

Both are accesible as guild. So these could be done for making them both ( Luke and Emperor) hard to get.
  • A few thoughts

1. Did anyone really think that jkl wouldn't be req for jml? It was pretty obvious.

2. If you have already been working towards jkl, then him being required is actually a good thing since there is a lot of overlap with several of the characters already needed being also needed for jkl. Better for those than having to also gear crap toons.

3. If you don't have jkl, you can still go for the new ep.

4. The amount needed to spend are probably actually reasonably similar considering their target audience, krackens. Most of them already bought jkl or have been working on him long enough that finishing up his requirements probably aren't any more expensive than gearing up a bunch of previously ignored toons.

5. Not every nee meta will be newer player friendly. Some will and some won't. Jkr was the last one that was. The new emperor seems to be at least as far as a gl can be. I know on my alt, I'll probably go for him before other GLs. Jml is more friendly for veteran players. Had I not taken an 8 month break, I probably would have jkl by now and I'd go for jml on my main account but since I won't make it in time for the event, I'm going for palps on that one too. But people who have played since launch, are definitely in a position to easily get jml.

So in conclusion the two seem to be geared towards different groups. And that's ok.

6. The reqs aren't final yet. So they may still require some hard to get characters for ep. Maybe malak? That would make it a bit more even since malak requires 10 characters at about g12. They could ad thrawn for another 5 (though at lower gear). Or maybe traya for a raid character. But there won't be any two tier journey characters since there just aren't that many darkside legendaries. I don't think gas will be required. It just doesn't fit too much. Most of the req have been of a similar faction and the same alignment. The exception is old han for kylo but that was probably a story choice rather than just to put a ls character in there for no good reason. So I doubt it will be repeated.

1. Indeed.
    2. Rebel scum.
    3. Absolutely.
    4. Maybe, maybe not.
    5. Nope, i'm not even having Skyguy and i refuse to get him. My SLKR is more than good enough.
    6. Traya makes perfect sense as Raid Han is needed for JML, raid toon for raid toon.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Enas_Yorl wrote: »
    i expect another move. IG88 is monthly toon. Thus i expect another dark side legendary toon like Jabba which is required for the GL Sith Palp. That would fully equalize the total gear need to be spend.

IG88 makes me lean more towards Mandalorian content, after all season 2 starts next month and all three characters we have so far have been farmable for awhile now.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Enas_Yorl wrote: »
    i expect another move. IG88 is monthly toon. Thus i expect another dark side legendary toon like Jabba which is required for the GL Sith Palp. That would fully equalize the total gear need to be spend.
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Enas_Yorl wrote: »
    IG88 makes me lean more towards Mandalorian content, after all season 2 starts next month and all three characters we have so far have been farmable for awhile now.
    Especially since Jabba wouldn't have any notable ties to Palpatine. The remaining GL requirements are most likely already in the game.
  • InyakSolomon88
    1247 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Narkny wrote: »

And:

Learn counters or climb around them. You have several ppl with SLKR? My arena shard is almost 4 years old. I can't break below 40 without facing all GL opponents. Most of those opponents have both Rey and SLK. I have neither GL, no GenSky, and if I push I can get below 20. Krakens and whales exist at every level. You just go around them or learn to counter them.

And:

Learn counters or climb around them. You have several ppl with SLKR? My arena shard is almost 4 years old. I can't break below 40 without facing all GL opponents. Most of those opponents have both Rey and SLK. I have neither GL, no GenSky, and if I push I can get below 20. Krakens and whales exist at every level. You just go around them or learn to counter them.

Yep you only need a few characters to counter the current GLs. Vader, wat, thrawn, traya, dark Bastilla can counter Rey very easily.

Thrawn, traya, vader, wat, and a pretauntung tank (I use brood alpha) works against SLKR if you have better mods but is rng dependent.

Granted wat and traya are a bit difficult to get early but if you search out a good guild, you can get in one that is doing ds geo and hstr pretty early. There are plenty of guilds that will accept lower level players if they get 600 raid tickets a day.

GhostRep wrote: »
    To you question, Why does GL Luke require 21 characters at r3: in short he doesn't. You are simply ignoring the gain of JKL.

In short yes it does, last time I checked you need 9 characters at relic 3 to get him, add the 15 you need to unlock GL Luke, remove the 2 that is shared between the JKL and GL Luke, that makes 22 characters

correct you need 9 to get JKL. that step is done, and a step in and of itself. and you are rewarded as such.

now you move onto a different goal JML, who needs 15 characters.
    if you run 2 races in the same day, even back to back, the length of the second race is still the same.

This ignores the wear and tear of running the first race when you're running the second one.

No it doesnt, the length of the race is the same.

Even if you dont have a car and have to run to the start of the second race (meaning its required for you to get to the second race), that doesnt change the length of the second race.

@Kyno race metaphor aside, you can clearly see 21 relic characters are required for JML, no matter how you frame it you will need 9 for luke and 14 for JML (2 of which overlap). Now regardless of the fact you get a phenomenal character and then you can get a GL. It clearly requires a vastly disproportionate amount of gear if you were to start from day one. Technically you could argue that chewie even pushes the number higher given you have to gear bounty hunters quite high (11-12) . I do not think its worth counting the others because the majority of users have swept past the minimal gear requirements to get the other characters.

I think the true balance lies in the fact that JML requires a large number of viable on their own characters. What I mean by this is every character that requires a relic vastly improves the users roster whereas with SLKR and GLR, you clearly have to upgrade terrible characters that might be semi viable with GL but that doesnt count, i would refer to the videos where Mobile Gamer and Ahnaldt went against fully relic GAS teams with GLR and some gear 8 characters.
    Additionally JML: requirements are mostly characters that long term players already have at a high gear tiers, most likely 11, 12 or 13 (except for the two new marques).

These two things are the opposite for SEE as he requires 3 arguably 4 (krennic) terrible characters, but requires vastly less sub characters.

I do not have a problem with the fact that one requires more sub characters, but I at least acknowledge the fact and compare it to other facts that are more relevant to the discussion...
  • Also @kyno I think you're race analogy falls short, given that in order to race in you're race 2 you had to race in race 1...

If I tell someone in order to participate in a 5km race, you HAVE to complete a 3km race. you have undoubtedly run 8km to complete 2 races.

If I am driving to the cottage in a brand new car, when I drive 7km to pick up my parents, and then 14km to the cottage. My car doesn't say 14km on the odometer, it tells me 21. Trip 2 might only have taken 14 but in total I drove 21.

When I go get my learner's license what's the minimum amount of time until I have my full license (this might only apply to Canada...) 2 years not one year to get my restricted and one year to get my unrestricted license.

If I tell someone they have to work 10,000 hours to make $100,000.. just because you have worked 8,000 hours when you were told doesn't mean you only needed to work 2,000 hours

If company c tells me I have to work for 5 years at company b and company b tells me I have to work 5 years at company a; surely I didn't work 5 years, I worked 10.
  • @kyno looking at my odometer example, when you get the brand new swgoh account and dedicate all your time and resources to only GL luke. does your RELICOMETER that tabulates all your character stats, will it tell you you have 14 relics once you unlock the JML event or will it tell you you have 21 relics
This discussion has been closed.