Worst Event Ever

Tier 4 of the GAS event is without question the worst event in this game. I didn’t think LS Malak could ever be beaten, but CG managed to make an event even less fun than Malak’s event. From the cut scenes showing repeatedly to the complete randomness of each battle, it’s terrible.

Replies

• AleSahnDroh_1979
    950 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    In my experience Tier 2 was worse. I had to play it 20-30 times to win, while I won tier 4 at 3rd try.
    Playing again the event "for fun" I see the same...
    Post edited by AleSahnDroh_1979 on
  • If he takes damage after he gets to 1 health (like arc brings him to 1 health and after that the turret attacks him) he dies
  • Gorgus
    122 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Tiers 2 and 4 both require some pretty specific modding and strategy. If you have these right, neither tier is that crazy, provided that you also have your characters geared/relic’ed up enough. The good thing is that all the needed characters are valuable for lots of other parts of the game, so the gear/relic investment is a good one. I recommend watching YouTube vids and following the recommended modding and strategy. Sir GG and Ian have good guides, among others. Good luck!
  • There is definitely more than an average amount of RNG in the event - no doubt on that. I probably overdid it a bit on relics for the sep droids, which made P4 more straightforward. But that team is really good in so many other game modes, so it was worth it to me. Congrats on getting the unlock!
  • Yesterday after about 20 tries on Phase 4 I changed my strategy slightly and won. This morning for kicks I tried again using that same strategy and was blown away. RNG is really high with this event. I did not change my mods around specifically for this, but was about to if I hadn't won that time yesterday. The way it is suggested to change Droideka to make it fast is completely different than nominal use of Droideka.
  • Fwiw - I think that having DDK modded to be fast may be better once you get the Sep team to the relic level
  • I find that the more gear and better mods I have on, the less rng is a factor. fwiw
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • cancerous. The OP doesn't like the rng of this event but compares it to ls malak event (which isn't all that rng dependent).

Could it be that the OP is trying to beat it with a bad strategy, bad mods, low gear, or all three.

Yes there is rng but if you mod correctly and use a smart strategy, you can reduce it to a tolerable level. And you can always gear the characters up more to reduce your chance of losing because of bad rng.

This event isn't anymore rng than 3p0 or chewie. It's just set for relics rather than g11. Using g12 on this event produces similar results to using g10 ewoks or bhs for 3p0 or chewie.

I beat it with a r3 b1, r3 assaj, g12 droiddekka, g12 magna, and a g11 b2.

It was an rng fest with regular mods but not as bad with arena level mods. Even so I still barely won on the attempt that I won on so you probably need more gear if you don't like rng.
  • Gorgus wrote: »
    Tiers 2 and 4 both require some pretty specific modding and strategy. If you have these right, neither tier is that crazy, provided that you also have your characters geared/relic’ed up enough. The good thing is that all the needed characters are valuable for lots of other parts of the game, so the gear/relic investment is a good one. I recommend watching YouTube vids and following the recommended modding and strategy. Sir GG and Ian have good guides, among others. Good luck!

GG says in the video with his strat it could still take you 100 tries....
  • The problem is the vastness of the RNG, not the existence of RNG.

Following those strats with R3 B1, B2, and DDK, R1 AV, and G12 magna - shouldn't result in tries where you lose 3-4 toons before you can get Anakin down once (rare, but still), frequently lose 2, frequently lose 1, and occasionally 0. Then, have the same wide ranging RNG on how many (if any) clones you can kill once you get through. It's like the 'random' is between 1-a million, but success happens only if you roll a 1-10. Yeah, you put a few thousand people through that and some will get through in a few ties. Most will not.

As noted, the posted 'strategies' still say it can require a ton of tries even using the strats.

It is terrible design. i agree, too, i wouldn't compare it to malak. I followed those strats and did it in 2-3 tries. BH's were tough, but i wasn't even a pure G12 on those.
  • cboath7 wrote: »
    The problem is the vastness of the RNG, not the existence of RNG.

Following those strats with R3 B1, B2, and DDK, R1 AV, and G12 magna - shouldn't result in tries where you lose 3-4 toons before you can get Anakin down once (rare, but still), frequently lose 2, frequently lose 1, and occasionally 0. Then, have the same wide ranging RNG on how many (if any) clones you can kill once you get through. It's like the 'random' is between 1-a million, but success happens only if you roll a 1-10. Yeah, you put a few thousand people through that and some will get through in a few ties. Most will not.

As noted, the posted 'strategies' still say it can require a ton of tries even using the strats.

It is terrible design. i agree, too, i wouldn't compare it to malak. I followed those strats and did it in 2-3 tries. BH's were tough, but i wasn't even a pure G12 on those.

The rng isn't that vast. I had r3 asajj, r3 b1, g11 b2 and g12 for the other two. And I only had a some runs where I lost a character before anakin went down and seldom lost more than one.

My guess is that your mods need work. At that gear level if you mod for some speed and enough health and damage, you should be able to consistently get anakin down before losing people.

• GAS is a hard event. Compared to C3PO event which needed pretty-much G12 Ewoks and even the Chewbacca event needed good mods on G12 BH's. CLS you could get away with G9 same as BB8, Thrawn and many others. This is an event with relics in mind and a sense of dedication. It took me best part of 4 months farming and gearing toons and then it was crazy defeat after defeat.

BUT - all this nonsense about it being the 'worst' event ever - really? Is it that terrible? Or is it you cant do it YET. We have a generation of players who are so used to getting what they want that they seem to have forgotten what it means to work at something. Just because you've been lucky in past events and assume you deserve to win this one, doesn't mean it will happen.

There's a saying - fail, next time fail harder, try harder - Dyson made 10,000 prototypes before he got his model to work how he wanted. He never gave up - nor did I. Nor should you - fail better next time and try harder.