Your TM fix broke the game.

Prev1345
Pan2218
496 posts Member
edited August 2020
nothing works right anymore & all of these powerful R7 toons are seemingly useless against g12 since then. I have never had more angst in doing something that is supposed to be fun.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• What is this guy talking about? Have I missed something??
  • Were you not aware of the huge "upgrade" to the game a couple of weeks ago?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    You need to provide some context here though.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    I strongly suspect that this has less to do with the changes making any difference than it does with a distinct lack of gitgud
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• In actuality, it fixed the game
    You've adapted to the broken format that existed before and are complaining about change
    All of the changes that happened should have been implemented from the beginning
    As someone that's been asking for this for over a year, I'm glad to see these changes as they make the game work better as intended
    Teams fit better to statistical models and gameplay is more based on skill instead of coinflips, a win for everyone
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Pan2218 wrote: »
    nothing works right anymore & all of these powerful R7 toons are seemingly useless against g12 since then. I have never had more angst in doing something that is supposed to be fun.

Would you care to offer any context?
  • It feels as if there are dozens of bugs with the game now. Tanks not taunting, 5* ships with lesser pilots going first a lot of team oriented zetas failing to operate etc.... say what you want. I have also been playing this game for a very long time.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    It feels as if there are dozens of bugs with the game now. Tanks not taunting, 5* ships with lesser pilots going first a lot of team oriented zetas failing to operate etc.... say what you want. I have also been playing this game for a very long time.

ok but what team you used and against what team
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    "feels"
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    It feels as if there are dozens of bugs with the game now. Tanks not taunting, 5* ships with lesser pilots going first a lot of team oriented zetas failing to operate etc.... say what you want. I have also been playing this game for a very long time.

You may be right - or you may not. If you want to discuss whatever bugs you claim to have seen you need to describe whatever it is you saw.

Which tanks didn't taunt? In which scenarios?
    Which low power ships moved first? In which scenarios?
    Which zetas don't work any more? In which scenarios?
  • Waqui wrote: »

You may be right - or you may not. If you want to discuss whatever bugs you claim to have seen you need to describe whatever it is you saw.

Why are you being so logical this clearly isn't the post for that lol.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

See below:
    Waqui wrote: »

This game is rather complex in many respects and it does have issues, but often things like what you are saying tend to be misunderstanding of the mechanics and not bugs or changes at all.

In order to have a fruitful conversation you may want to pick one of the above scenarios and go into more detail. In particular, what exact characters involved, teams on both sides, ext....
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Treeburner wrote: »

Why are you being so logical this clearly isn't the post for that lol.

Just giving OP the benefit of the doubt.
  • Kyno wrote: »

See below:

This game is rather complex in many respects and it does have issues, but often things like what you are saying tend to be misunderstanding of the mechanics and not bugs or changes at all.

In order to have a fruitful conversation you may want to pick one of the above scenarios and go into more detail. In particular, what exact characters involved, teams on both sides, ext....

I got 1 for you. I'm playing an opponent that has Vader behind DR Malak. All members of my team get the MM mark, but then Vader stops there. No AOE. No 5 basics. Other team members just start going and I kill them with my Padme team.
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    i think you have to explain with more details
  • Kyno wrote: »

See below:

I got 1 for you. I'm playing an opponent that has Vader behind DR Malak. All members of my team get the MM mark, but then Vader stops there. No AOE. No 5 basics. Other team members just start going and I kill them with my Padme team.

This is more a bug than a feature. Vader should stop bonus turns for your team completely.
    Vader may attack a tank that doesn't have the mark anymore, which would result in the end of all other marks.

So it is a bug or a feature, depends upon the circumstances.
  • A lot of this thread is looking like whining & for some reason Kyno has not mention bug reports if it's an actual bug not whiney post-patch nonsense.
    Well, hell I ain't no politician; kissing **** just ain't my style.
  • Raptus wrote: »
    A lot of this thread is looking like whining & for some reason Kyno has not mention bug reports if it's an actual bug not whiney post-patch nonsense.

Which means Kyno don't think it's any bug but the lack of understanding mechanics. As the OP isn't giving any additional info nobody can help him to understand or to make sure that it may be a bug.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kisakee wrote: »
    Raptus wrote: »
    A lot of this thread is looking like whining & for some reason Kyno has not mention bug reports if it's an actual bug not whiney post-patch nonsense.

Which means Kyno don't think it's any bug but the lack of understanding mechanics. As the OP isn't giving any additional info nobody can help him to understand or to make sure that it may be a bug.

This. If we had any details, some conclusions could be made one way or the other, but we dont.
  • Pan2218
    496 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Now Padme can break Darth Vaders Merciless Massacre with 2 turns left? Trust me I already know about hitting a tank.. this just cost me my GA match. My goodness. There are serious issues since this update. This is but one. Night Sisters are seemingly completely broken & they are my favorite faction as well one of the only enjoyments I had left in the game. This sucks. Call me what you will, but I know that I am not the only person feeling these frustrations
  • If you knock someone other than Anakin below 50% health or kill them on a Padme team, Anakin gets a bonus turn, even during Vader’s Merciless Massacre.

Before Overflow, it was a coin flip as to whether Anakin or Vader went next. With the TM overflow changes, since Vader usually has 0-20% TM before MM gives him a bonus turn, Anakin will generally have enough TM Overflow to use his bonus turn before Vader. Then his zeta grants Padme a bonus turn, with her own overflow often letting her take that turn before Vader. Then Vader, if still alive, should resume his Massacre chain until Anakin’s bonus turn is triggered again.

WAI. I know there’s that bit in Merciless Massacre’s description about Vader’s bonus turns not triggering other bonus turns/TM gain, but it seems like that’s relating to Vader actually GAINING the bonus turn, not the ability he uses with it. You can find other examples (ie Malak getting a Jaws of Life bonus turn mid-Massacre) of this behavior. That might be a bug, or might not, but if it is it’s a problem with Vader and not with TM Overflow.

In the meantime, just kill Anakin first.

As for NS, I’m not sure what would affect them here. I would think the overflow would help them more, as Daka’s 50% TM on an ally’s death will let her revive them sooner.
  • Well I do usually kill Anakin & he was almost finished. But right in the middle of Merciless Massacre, she used Cunning plan & with all of the dots it ruined the entire match
  • the Night Sister for PVP have seemingly been broken tho. They seem to be fine in PVE events however
  • Troopers enjoyed it though.
  • Good for you!
  • Pan2218
    496 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Lol your topics aren't even in the right realm. Seriously...smugglers run? Why are you even posting here?
  • I was thinking this was a complaint that it broke the game by reducing the random factor of the game.

I just read up on the tm changes a minute ago, and I know there were people saying that making it not a coinflip would destroy the game by making speed the only thing that matters in arena (which everyone already claimed it was anyway).

I kind of agree with that sentiment.

My favorite parts of this game have always been the chance to overcome the odds thanks to RNG and the ability to be creative in team crafting. Most of the last few characters that have come out actually feed into creativity (though JKL should really have Rebel synergy too) but luck in combat is slowly decreasing IMO.
  • I tried to stay optimistic about it for awhile, but after a few weeks of game play it was very clear that older teams no longer functioned, Zetas are seemingly useless & high relics are a nonfactor in some instances. It has really been making me question the $ that has been invested over the years. Continually making game modes that have a twisted sense of what was begged for or just increasingly too difficult to play.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I tried to stay optimistic about it for awhile, but after a few weeks of game play it was very clear that older teams no longer functioned, Zetas are seemingly useless & high relics are a nonfactor in some instances. It has really been making me question the $ that has been invested over the years. Continually making game modes that have a twisted sense of what was begged for or just increasingly too difficult to play.

while general statements are great and all, do you have any specifics?

also have you tried to tailor any of these older teams to a more specific strategy, now that you can implement one? did you try to do anything with your mods?

this change didn't have any major effects on anything relating to zetas or high relics.