So is this the new way of communicating ?

Replies

• Kyno is just doing his job ... dont drag him into this ... he is a nice guy ...
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    kello_511 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    icanectc wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Joebo720 wrote: »
    A game i used to play the devs gave up on their forums all together. Everything was done via twitch or some other streaming platform and they ignored their forums all together. So not surprising.

What they did this time around is not the first time they have done this. They are not ignoring the Forums by any means.

Kyno i like you but that's absolutely not true. They absolutely ignore the forums and have completely changed up and can't even follow their own cadence.
    lack of the specific communication you want /= zero communication

You can defend cg all you want but you and i both know cgs communication strategy is subpar at best. And anything contrary to that point you lose credibility.

Either you secretly work for cg and are hiding behind a member account with your massive points or you have incredibly low standards for a studio that has made billions of dollars on a mobile game.

They made several changes to GC based on feedback from the community. That's communication. As I said, it's not the communication you may have wanted, but it's wrong to claim that it isn't communication.

You can get mad about things all you want and accuse me of all sorts of stuff without any basis, but it doesn't make me wrong. Especially since I made no judgement about the quality of communication.

Did you just say making changes to gc and then relaunching them with zero explanation on their own forums whatsoever is communication?

Did you read what I wrote?

They asked for GC feedback.

We gave them feedback.

They made positive changes for us based on that feedback.

I'm sorry you don't like that it's communication, but it is.

I’ll bite.
    How do you know that the changes were based on our feedback?

Because they reflect most of the complaints leveled against the GCs? You honestly think it's just a lucky coincidence?

Look, I'm all for holding CG's feet to the fire when they mess up - but they are getting GCs right. Slowly, sure, but it's movement in the right direction - one that many asked for.

the Resistance one was the only one that had increased rewards, right? Are any GCs currently running or scheduled?

The resistance one is the most recent - and hopefully more indicative of the structure moving forward.

That said, changing them with no explanation is NOT communication.

Unless they push another update, the rewards have been reduced to 0. The daily availability was one of the selling points...

Was it?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    A game i used to play the devs gave up on their forums all together. Everything was done via twitch or some other streaming platform and they ignored their forums all together. So not surprising.

What they did this time around is not the first time they have done this. They are not ignoring the Forums by any means.

Kyno i like you but that's absolutely not true. They absolutely ignore the forums and have completely changed up and can't even follow their own cadence.

You can defend cg all you want but you and i both know cgs communication strategy is subpar at best. And anything contrary to that point you lose credibility.

Either you secretly work for cg and are hiding behind a member account with your massive points or you have incredibly low standards for a studio that has made billions of dollars on a mobile game.

They made several changes to GC based on feedback from the community. That's communication. As I said, it's not the communication you may have wanted, but it's wrong to claim that it isn't communication.

You can get mad about things all you want and accuse me of all sorts of stuff without any basis, but it doesn't make me wrong. Especially since I made no judgement about the quality of communication.

Did you just say making changes to gc and then relaunching them with zero explanation on their own forums whatsoever is communication?

We gave them feedback.

I’ll bite.

Because they reflect most of the complaints leveled against the GCs? You honestly think it's just a lucky coincidence?

Look, I'm all for holding CG's feet to the fire when they mess up - but they are getting GCs right. Slowly, sure, but it's movement in the right direction - one that many asked for.

the Resistance one was the only one that had increased rewards, right? Are any GCs currently running or scheduled?

The resistance one is the most recent - and hopefully more indicative of the structure moving forward.

Unless they push another update, the rewards have been reduced to 0. The daily availability was one of the selling points...

Was it?

Wasn't it?
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »

Couldnt they have posted a "check out this podcast" post?

Takes 5 minutes max. Give me 500 crystal crumb, ill make the post for you on the cheap.

I will do it for 300.

You are that guy that says 366 after the guy says 365 on price is right arent you. Lol
  • Jakdnels wrote: »

We gave them feedback.

I’ll bite.

With no rewards... it doesnt need to be daily. Needs major tweaking to be good daily
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Looooki wrote: »
    2. Increase difficulty for Galactic challenges

2 is debatable but you forgot 3

3. Much better reward structure.

Dunno about much better....best I can do is better.

Removing relic requirements = much better all on its own.

But the rewards for the tiers that required relics got worse though.

Plus the difficulty is a soft relic requirement, so there’s that.

But the rewards for the tiers that did not require relics got better though.

Which is why I said better, but not much better as you claimed.

Sure seems like it

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/news-and-announcements-
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/game-updates

No it doesn't

Or does it?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/222459/what-kinds-of-data-do-guild-officers-want/p1

This was acknowledged. Yes they have not acted on it yet, but they asked and acknowledged it. not meeting arbitrary timelines =/= ignoring the forums.

That thread was started in January! So asking the community for feedback....not saying anything for months and months, then saying “ we’ll have a meeting about it” then nothing again for months and months is ok? How is that not ignoring the community??

At what point does talking to someone become ignoring them?

Also we are talking about ignoring the Forums, not the community.

At what point does not talking to someone become ignoring them? 1 day?...1 week?....1 month?...6 months??

So ok, fine you win. Bravo CG for ignoring this for months and months and months then bravely saying that you will look into it, only to go back to ignoring it for months and months. Truly top notch communication.

Who said top notch?

They are not ignoring the Forum, that is all.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    edited September 2020

But the rewards for the tiers that re mi quired relics got worse though.

Sure seems like it

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/news-and-announcements-

No it doesn't

Or does it?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/222459/what-kinds-of-data-do-guild-officers-want/p1

This was acknowledged. Yes they have not acted on it yet, but they asked and acknowledged it. not meeting arbitrary timelines =/= ignoring the forums.

That thread was started in January! So asking the community for feedback....not saying anything for months and months, then saying “ we’ll have a meeting about it” then nothing again for months and months is ok? How is that not ignoring the community??

At what point does not talking to someone become ignoring them? 1 day?...1 week?....1 month?...6 months??

So ok, fine you win. Bravo CG for ignoring this for months and months and months then bravely saying that you will look into it, only to go back to ignoring it for months and months. Truly top notch communication.

Who said top notch?

....They are not ignoring the Forums by any means.

By any means....it’s good to know that you consider 6 months and counting, with no response on that topic, as not ignoring.

Just wondering how many questions you have answered for the community by asking Crumb and posted his response on the forums....it’s almost like he ignores the forums because he has you.( and that is no way an insult to you)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

But the rewards for the tiers that re mi quired relics got worse though.

Sure seems like it

No it doesn't

Or does it?

Who said top notch?

....They are not ignoring the Forums by any means.

By any means....it’s good to know that you consider 6 months and counting, with no response on that topic, as not ignoring.

Just wondering how many questions you have answered for the community by asking Crumb and posted his response on the forums....it’s almost like he ignores the forums because he has you.( and that is no way an insult to you)

Did they communicate in those 6 months? I believe they did.

honestly, very few of my answers come from Crumb. I think we all need to remember he is not one of the people at CG who holds answers, he is a messenger. when he already has an answer to a question, or I dont have a way to contact the person who has the answer or it is a larger conversation/topic, he will post.

but if I can in any way make his time more productive, then yes I jump at that and try to get answers for the community.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Sure seems like it

No it doesn't

Or does it?

Who said top notch?

I don't know yall between you and tvf you are taking words way to literally. I mean cmon guys everyone is hopefully an adult here with common sense you know exactly what the community means by ignoring the forums. You can word play all you want but defending cg by saying wel they clearly post an listen to feedback as "they don't ignore the forums" is an extremely weak position. I get Kyno your loyalty to the community and the game and being a positive and helpful steward on here.
    But i really don't know why you are trying to defend this position cg has taken on interacting incredibly low to the community over the last year. Really it's changed quite a lot since Carrie left communication wise and you cannot deny that nor justify it. So again i don't know why you are you certainly don't have to

words have meaning, I'm sorry you feel that this should be ignored. it shouldn't be.

if you want to say something and that string of words is not true, yes I am not likely to just go along with it. why, because as you said we are all adults here and we can discuss a topic with actual words and meanings.

do they ignore the forum, no.

are they doing a good job of communicating, no.

those 2 ideas are different, and by no means can one be substituted for the other.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Sure seems like it

No it doesn't

Or does it?

Who said top notch?

I don't know yall between you and tvf you are taking words way to literally. I mean cmon guys everyone is hopefully an adult here with common sense you know exactly what the community means by ignoring the forums. You can word play all you want but defending cg by saying wel they clearly post an listen to feedback as "they don't ignore the forums" is an extremely weak position. I get Kyno your loyalty to the community and the game and being a positive and helpful steward on here.
    But i really don't know why you are trying to defend this position cg has taken on interacting incredibly low to the community over the last year. Really it's changed quite a lot since Carrie left communication wise and you cannot deny that nor justify it. So again i don't know why you are you certainly don't have to

words have meaning, I'm sorry you feel that this should be ignored. it shouldn't be.

if you want to say something and that string of words is not true, yes I am not likely to just go along with it. why, because as you said we are all adults here and we can discuss a topic with actual words and meanings.

those 2 ideas are different, and by no means can one be substituted for the other.

"are they doing a good job of communicating, no." is the only part that matters
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    @TVF

It's not really debatable. My Rey never failed to easily beat t7 of every previous GalChallenge.

This time Resistance is actually the favored faction so it SHOULD be easier, and yet not only is it not easier, it's much harder.

@Looooki
    JKL came out with a sound file problem

You're going to ding them for that? That was the best, funniest thing that's happened in this game since they started the Shards-of-Clone-Wars-Chewie joke.

I mean, sure, it was probably unintentional, but that's the kind of epic fun that becomes the source of future jokes. Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if the free profile-title we get for this anniversary is a text version of the Gammorrean grunting. That was classic.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

It's not really debatable. My Rey never failed to easily beat t7 of every previous GalChallenge.

This time Resistance is actually the favored faction so it SHOULD be easier, and yet not only is it not easier, it's much harder.

And yet I had no issue, so yeah, it's debatable.
  • well i wouldnt miss any communication if cg actually shows in other ways they are listening
    the rey bug which should have been fixed according to patchnotes is still there (even though in a less destructive way than before)
    with gac being like the only content in this game that keeps a lot of people even playing i hate losing a gac match because of the rey bug
    i also dont like the excuse how they said no to a leave/rejoin button for gac
    i will start the last gac round with an unmodded roster as i missclicked into gac while actually wanted to go to tb and platoon units
    which is even worse being 9:0 and top 50 right now
    and if its too "expensive" for cg to add a "do you really want to join" button then i dont know what they are doing at all this whole year

so i would love to see the current game being fixed before they add another source of income "aka" galactic legends with a whole lot of new bugs obv that frustrate people

there is no need to talk every day
    but so far besides the luke event (which really had some positive things in it) i havent seen content at all this year (from my point of view)
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    well i wouldnt miss any communication if cg actually shows in other ways they are listening

Like getting rid of 7 day GCs and getting rid of relic-locked feats?
    well i wouldnt miss any communication if cg actually shows in other ways they are listening

They changed the timer on GC to 3 days, but how long has it been since one launched. They can set the timer to whatever they want, I'm going to measure the frequency of the event, not the time allotted to complete it.

So what is the new event frequency? Genuinely asking. I didn't see a post on the forums. I heard that they said on the podcast that they like the 3-day schedule. But that isn't what they've done. So what's going on?

If there are answers to these questions, please point me to them. Otherwise, I, like many others, will continue to feel that CG is doing a very poor job of communicating.

like fix stuff that actually impacts players
    if you really think they didnt expect negative feedback from the exibition round and had already a plan b then you are a bit out of touch

noone that actually plays this game would have given a thumbs up to what they did with the reward and feat structure
    not even you nor anyone at cgs office
    that was no "testing" round that was a straight up middle finger in our faces
    always approaching the way to get away with the least amount of work/rewards as possible

have they answered/reacted to any question about the hsr reward structure and the imbalance of rewards after slkr got into play?
    a ressource income that is several years old and still by far the best source og g12 and g12+ in the game but limited to rank 1-10 while even a full solo can get you easily out of top 10 by now

any reactions from if cg actually want that some guilds are forced to merc because of that

there are so many topics and concerns in this game (not only for me) that cg didnt even touch in any kind of communication

so yes doing a reward overhaul on gc is not showing how they listen to players because they already knew what the reactions would be
    They read way more than anyone here gives them credit for.

I'm sure they do, but they do not RESPOND here. There are no (or painfully few) posts here recently by CG staff other than prepared statements. That leaves you, a volunteer mod, to do damage control for them and that's got to be frustrating.

To say nothing of how it looks to those of us that are "just" players.
  • Fhoenix
    191 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    So they know we are here, addicted to the game and they know we love star wars. They had us at that. If this had been any other game it would be on the bargain shelf at the bottom of the app store outside the top 100. They had a good new concept / game they built years ago, and it seems that now they will do little things here and there, or the minimum to keep it chugging along with no real new groundbreaking concepts. Galactic Challenges further shows us that. It's basically assault battles, with some modifiers and the factions can rotate and change.

Something I think I'd like to clarify is what I would like to see. I read here a lot about they just don't communicate! That is absolutely false, they do. Communication is sharing or exchanging information, news, or ideas. What I would like to have is more conversations not one sided news blurbs, open dialogue and discussions with feedback. I get that is risky to do, pretty sure that is what got others in trouble. But I do think it would be helpful. (Crumb pops on once in a blue moon, and will respond to a post more frequently than every 6 months but pretty sparse.)

As far as the responding to our feedback, I do not think that there is evidence to support that they have read what is here and have acted, nor to the point that they had it already planned. Either they stalk and creep on the forums and make stealth changes in the background, or they had a plan that they are cycling through phases and more realistically (as mentioned in many Q&A's) they are more data driven and take our voices in the form of interactions. So they look at Galactic Challenges and if you slammed your roster against the tiers 60 times that is a win to them, if you went in twice and realized that your roster was not currently capable of doing it and quit after one or two attempts they likely saw/will see that and adjust.

So either continue to vent here, where the conversations are tumultuous and likely the reason interactions are sparse. Or next time you are in the game just do what you want and don't play them and tinker around giving them the idea that what they are doing is working. CG will do take the option that likely supports their data.

As for Crumb, he is a good Community Manager, managers delegate.. enter Kyno and for that I appreciate his willingness to moderate things and at least attempt to respond within the best of his ability.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Sure seems like it

No it doesn't

Or does it?

Who said top notch?

While we can certainly disagree on this point the fact is that people can use the phrase ignoring the forums and have it imply poor communication it's called colloquialisms. Because while cg may not 100% of the time ignore the forums they do when it's convenient for them. Yes they use it. But they also don't use it. So i don't know why this point is up for debate. I get it you want people to be specific in their complaints but i think that's the wrong approach and the wrong battle. Just my opinion though.

If we are going to talk about colloquialisms, then we should also reference context. This started with someone saying that since they did this live stream, which they have done before, that this is a sign that they will be moving away from the forum, and ignoring it to move onto other avenues of putting out information. This is why this is a debate, because that is simply not true. They do not ignore the forums nor do they have any plans to, even when they are not responding and posting to them.
  • Monomer
    139 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    They do not ignore the forums nor do they have any plans to, even when they are not responding and posting to them.

I think you and I have different definitions of ignore if "not responding" doesn't qualify.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Monomer wrote: »
    They do not ignore the forums nor do they have any plans to, even when they are not responding and posting to them.

I think you and I have different definitions of ignore if "not responding" doesn't qualify.

20gpaf93tlps.png

This would be my definition, what is yours?

or do you mean to say that they would have to respond to every post to not be ignoring the forums?

they do not intentionally disregard and they have acknowledged, again not everything, but they have. They also read and get posts passed along to them to read.

This is a collection of thoughts and feedback about the game, I know players would feel better if they were more communicative, but reading the forums in and of itself is not ignoring them. (also known as "taking notice of")
    Monomer wrote: »

20gpaf93tlps.png

This would be my definition, what is yours?

or do you mean to say that they would have to respond to every post to not be ignoring the forums?

they do not intentionally disregard and they have acknowledged, again not everything, but they have. They also read and get posts passed along to them to read.

This is a collection of thoughts and feedback about the game, I know players would feel better if they were more communicative, but reading the forums in and of itself is not ignoring them. (also known as "taking notice of")

And here comes the semantic gymnastics.

'Not responding' (your words) would be the same as 'not acknowledging' (your chosen definition), as this is a forum and the only ability we have to receive acknowledgement is through response. I can't peer through the internet to see Crumb or Top Hat reading the forums and nodding along. You claim that they're listening, but what reason would I have to believe that?

"or do you mean to say that they would have to respond to every post to not be ignoring the forums?"

Mmm, some nice reductio ad absurdum there. Obviously they wouldn't need to respond to EVERY post to not be ignoring the forums. But when there's something that is clearly a hot topic, or something that literally requires their input, then one would expect them to chime in if they were actually interested in communicating.

"they do not intentionally disregard"

....just accidentally then? The end result is the same so I don't see a meaningful distinction. Again, just more semantics. A distinction without a difference.

• I think for myself, I just want CG to communicate more. Go back to the frequency when Carrie is ard. At least she is present.

All now I see is bread crumbs all around for us to figure out what is next. Or looking up another tree in the forest for information while the main bruch has no information.
  • This would be my definition, what is yours?

Kylo, even if you want to take a fusty, rules-lawyer approach to this, you would have to admit that if CG has ever ignored the forums, then the statement "CG ignores the forum" is technically true.

"CG is currently ignoring the forum" is a different statement and harder to prove, but "CG has often ignored the forums for a week at a time, or even more," is at least well evidenced (though if you're requiring us to have knowledge of the subjective state of mind of all CG employees simultaneously, "well evidenced" is the best we can get, and we'll never reach "definitively proven".

So by all means, be a fusty rules lawyer, but it doesn't get you what you think it does, because we can rules lawyer too, and "CG ignores the forum" appears to be an accurate statement since it is synonymous with "CG sometimes ignores the forum". You're trying to make the statement equal to, "CG always and without exception ignores the forum," but that is not a syntactically equivalent statement.

"CG ignores the forum" is a completely reasonable statement, and to a reasonable certainty is also true.