I hate LS Geo

2Next

Replies

• Hmm, since people are still failing often with R7 toons, its almost like they designed this LS Geo event to force us to farm the GL characters..........hmmmmm

• JediRobb wrote: »
    I don’t understand the timing of the event. Why release an event that no one can beat (by that, I mean max or close to max stars) and most of your player base cannot even play? This event is at least 18 months ahead of when it should have been released. The only conceivable reason that makes sense is that this was an easy event for them to develop and release given the tools that they had, and since they had nothing else ready and had promised content, they released it 18 months early to say they finally provided new content.
    There are some issues with this statement.

1) This was the case with each of the 3 previous TBs, though I will concede that the difference between where the biggest guilds were at launch and where they need to be to max star this event is massively larger than it was for the previous TBs.

2) Most of the player base cannot play? Well, if they can't play, they don't need to. The original TB is still available for lower level players. There are lots of guilds taking on this TB that just aren't equipped to do anything other than deploy and walk away. They shouldn't be taking on this TB, in my opinion. There are also many individuals who are in a guild that's probably beyond the level they are at. Those players have made a choice to mix with the big boys, and this is a consequence of that choice.

Believe me, I've been frustrated with it too at times. But I just don't think that another 18 months of the mind numbing tedium of maxing one of the Hoth TBs would have been a smart move from the devs. The players who were ready for the next challenge - even if they weren't in a position to immediately max it - wanted something like this.
  • But I just don't think that another 18 months of the mind numbing tedium of maxing one of the Hoth TBs would have been a smart move from the devs.

I agree with you there, but there was an alternative: we were allowed to opt in to DS Geo TB no matter whether it was LS Hoth or DS Hoth on the schedule. We have only very recently been seeing guilds max DS Geo TB, and if they had released LS Geo at the same time as the GL toons early this year, they still would have introduced it (IIRC) slightly before the first 33-star performance on DS Geo.

And, of course, there is at least one other alternative: they could have focussed on releasing the toons designed to maximize LS Geo performance (like 3PAC, MonMothma & Jedi Luke) mac closer to the start of LS Geo, whenever that was.

• 2) Most of the player base cannot play? Well, if they can't play, they don't need to. The original TB is still available for lower level players. There are lots of guilds taking on this TB that just aren't equipped to do anything other than deploy and walk away. They shouldn't be taking on this TB, in my opinion. There are also many individuals who are in a guild that's probably beyond the level they are at. Those players have made a choice to mix with the big boys, and this is a consequence of that choice.
    Not a real option IMO because you cannot earn any real GET2 in the old TBs and guilds below 200 million need GET2 probably more than they need GET.
    JediRobb wrote: »
    Or they could have tuned this to be somewhat more difficult than DS Geo TB rather than an order of magnitude more difficult. Then they could have released two new TB's in 18-24 months that were tuned to this level of difficulty or even a little harder. I don't think asking for a new TB every 2-3 years is asking too much.
    They should soften every round of a fight so that getting 2/4 is relatively easy with a full relic team while 4/4 is a real challenge. They can increase the difficulty when they raise the ceiling on relics, levels, etc. Full relic teams should not be getting chewed up to the point most players hate even doing attempts. It is completely demoralizing for a lot of players to not be able to do anything meaningful other than fill out platoons and deploy.