New Galactic Legends requirements

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    CG_SBCrumb, will JKL be required for palpatine? If the JKL event ends before the next announcement then many people won’t be able to get SEE.

Obviously we dont know, but if he was, I feel like they would have announced that at the same time, and before the next JKL event would launch......

I'm also fairly certain that anyone in a place to get him this go around is not going to ignore him, just because he is not a requirement for SEE.
  • Funny watching people freak out about end game content when they aren't end game players. :D
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Funny watching people freak out about end game content when they aren't end game players. :D

This. Some of us have been playing for almost 5 years, had to hoard and will still have to push pretty hard to check off all the (known) boxes in the next month or so. Meanwhile, people who have been playing for 2 years or less are complaining because they won't be able to unlock him the week after all the requirements are final. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • The fun will be that GL palp will probably auto GL Luke alone for 64 banners and solo all raid.

While GK luke will need JKL, GAS and other big toons to be efficient
  • Mirkraag wrote: »
    The fun will be that GL palp will probably auto GL Luke alone for 64 banners and solo all raid.

While GK luke will need JKL, GAS and other big toons to be efficient

For now getting Luke has waaaay better characters to relic. Most end game players should have all of them reliced by now except MM and 3PO/Chewie.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • i5zoivbd6n0w.jpeg
    Are you looking for me
  • Peteskeet wrote: »
    With JKL only being back for 11 days, players have to either commit to getting JML or SEE without knowing what their kits are or even the rest of the requirements.

Or you could, you know, unlock JKL cuz he's awesome and he's the Luke we've been waiting for for like 4 years. There's more to the game than GLs.
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Funny watching people freak out about end game content when they aren't end game players. :D

This is a completely absurd stance. Time playing the game doesn't dictate "End game" vs "Mid Game" vs "Beginner"

There is no way to spend to get JKL faster, despite CG offering a way to spend to get to the end game quickly.

CG Set the rules, then broke them.
  • Next round of requirements for JML are likely to be CLS, FBL, Leia and the Hoth Bros.

I am at a loss to even imagine what requirements will they throw for SEE to make it even remotely comparable.
  • SithAmer wrote: »
    Next round of requirements for JML are likely to be CLS, FBL, Leia and the Hoth Bros.

I am at a loss to even imagine what requirements will they throw for SEE to make it even remotely comparable.

I'm not sure on Farmboy. I get the feeling that CG are trying to see if we'll go for an easier set of reqs (SEE) that has worse characters, or if they can push us to go for harder reqs (GML) with better characters for your roster.

Definitely wouldn't expect Hoth Bros. Leia, STH, FBL/CLS could be
  • YetiYeti wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »

This is a completely absurd stance. Time playing the game doesn't dictate "End game" vs "Mid Game" vs "Beginner"

There is no way to spend to get JKL faster, despite CG offering a way to spend to get to the end game quickly.

They did broke this rule already with raid only characters, then with zetas, then with TB characters. Don't know if end game = Time spent, but you can't buy your way to end game for sure, you need time and a guild. Money could speed things up quite a bit though, hyperdrive style.

Sure there is. Do you have all characters and ships at 7*? If you do or are close then you might be an endgame player.

Can you beat every event that comes along, except maybe a final tier? You might be an endgame player.

Tired of new events coming out and a year one or two player cries over not being able to complete it.

I have almost 4 years into this game but I am not an end game player? That 4 years means I've unlocked almost every toon and ship. I even have 7* Gamorrean Guard. CG offers a way to let ppl get access to end game content through the hyperdrive bundle. That doesn't make them end game players.

A year 1 or 2 player's roster cannot compete with a roster of someone who's been playing for 4 or 5 years. It's just not possible. If your argument is that new players should immediately have access to every event and new toon I'm going to have to disagree with you. A toon being unavailable to a wallet purchase is a good thing. Are raid toons upsetting to you too?
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Peteskeet wrote: »
    With JKL only being back for 11 days, players have to either commit to getting JML or SEE without knowing what their kits are or even the rest of the requirements.

But why? Maybe they went with JKL as he’s a very good toon to use?

I know that I’ll be starting the requirements for JKL soon without a thought for GL Luke.

• Kyno wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb, will JKL be required for palpatine? If the JKL event ends before the next announcement then many people won’t be able to get SEE.

Obviously we dont know, but if he was, I feel like they would have announced that at the same time, and before the next JKL event would launch......

I'm also fairly certain that anyone in a place to get him this go around is not going to ignore him, just because he is not a requirement for SEE.

I hope you’re right. But it would be nice to get confirmation rather than just assume that you’re correct. I mean he’s the only toon in the game right now that is not readily available at any time. It’s not like I’m asking for them to reveal all of the last requirements.

To your comment on getting him anyway, I’m one of the people that can’t just get every toon because they’re available. If I gear the toons for JKL to R3 then I won’t have that gear available for SEE...it will delay me a couple months or so. Such is the burden of being f2p.

I hope you’re right. But it would be nice to get confirmation rather than just assume that you’re correct. I mean he’s the only toon in the game right now that is not readily available at any time. It’s not like I’m asking for them to reveal all of the last requirements.

To your comment on getting him anyway, I’m one of the people that can’t just get every toon because they’re available. If I gear the toons for JKL to R3 then I won’t have that gear available for SEE...it will delay me a couple months or so. Such is the burden of being f2p.

Even cg isn't that dirty to put the same req for 2 gl in different batches. I wouldn't worry about this if I were you.
  • So far, we have 2 versions of himself and 3 former apprentices as requirements. Many people have speculated that among the rest of the requirements there will be another marquee/other type of character that isn't ingame yet.

...2 versions of himself, 3 apprentices...but not his master.

Have you heard the tale of Darth Plagueis the Wise?
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    They won’t be using any new characters for the last set of requirements

The chances of Plagueis being added into the game is very slim
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Vendraen wrote: »
    So far, we have 2 versions of himself and 3 former apprentices as requirements. Many people have speculated that among the rest of the requirements there will be another marquee/other type of character that isn't ingame yet.

Those speculations are incorrect, they are not going to add any requirements of a character that is not in game already at this point.
    So far, we have 2 versions of himself and 3 former apprentices as requirements. Many people have speculated that among the rest of the requirements there will be another marquee/other type of character that isn't ingame yet.

Those speculations are incorrect, they are not going to add any requirements of a character that is not in game already at this point.

This is your opinion or verified information from your sources?

I was wondering about that and thought that they would add another marquee. If not, I am happy because I am in a better position for SEE. And thinking about the requirements again I believe they might have picked the characters required for GL Luke by usefulness for LS TB. Which would actually be nice.
  • Ultra wrote: »

Gotta source for this claim? Some are speculating that Palp may get another marquee toon. Only CG knows for sure.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    They're pretty short on time to add another marquee for Palp.

With that said, I hope they do.

#neverforgetRHPoe
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Get ready for Visas marr to be added to Palp requirement. The reason i see her is that many people dont have her 7*
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

Gotta source for this claim? Some are speculating that Palp may get another marquee toon. Only CG knows for sure.

They are wrong

They are wrong

While a marquee is highly unlikely, a legendary or other special event character is not completely off the table, imo. They could even pull another GBA and give us a character straight to cantina.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »

They are wrong

While a marquee is highly unlikely, a legendary or other special event character is not completely off the table, imo. They could even pull another GBA and give us a character straight to cantina.
    It’s too late to do a legendary / special event character
    Nauros wrote: »

They are wrong

It’s too late to do a legendary / special event character

CG doesn’t go by your arbitrary timelines....as I’ve been told.