Every counter in one place, finally

Its_not_a_moon
1306 posts Member
edited September 2020
Thanks to swgoh.gg you no longer need to watch a 10 minute video for a counter, just head to https://swgoh.gg/gac/ and see what team perform best against any other team
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    cool stuff

personally not a fan of this feature, however
  • https://swgohcounters.com/ had existed for awhile before the .gg site’s, and is number one in a google search for swgoh counters. So it’s not like it’s remotely difficult to find. It’s served me rather well.
  • Fhoenix
    191 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Ultra wrote: »
    cool stuff

Yeah, add me to that list. Really not a fan, but I guess whatever. I already was practically just setting and making a run without caring anyway. Guess this just makes it one more reason to not play with teams I would use in TW...
    Thanks to swgoh.gg you no longer need to watch a 10 minute video for a counter, just head to https://swgoh.gg/gac/ and see what team perform best against any other team

This doesn't give you mechanics, kill order, etc so you might still need a vid or two ;)

This is true, but, anyone with enough energy to read a kit or put it together should be able to figure it out. Probably will be some fails as you learn along the way, I guess maybe that will be viewed as making the novice player better and build over time, so there is the positive in that.

To me though, there was something fun about having the ability to craft up a special team and surprise someone when they opened a zone and saw what was there, they have to think. I just feel like this is showing the opponent even more of your tactics without really removing the "fog of war". Ok so you don't know where I put the teams, but you can have a pretty good idea of which teams I will place, and then if I do because I couldn't make up my mind on if you were going to gamble I was going to change it up or just keep it the same.

There are only so many combinations anyway, and to be honest I literally have had the same 4-6 people for all weeks in the last two GAC seasons.. Over the course of the last 6 weeks I have only seen a grand total of maybe 14 or so players. I have fought the same people 3 or more times. It's just how it works out. Our top 80 GP does not change ever unless a new marquee / epic / legendary etc. is introduced.

I don't know what's worse the fact it has been developed, or the fact that more intuitive tools are made outside of the game than in. I guess CG just wants to drop characters.
    Post edited by Fhoenix on
  • Mods are still important and a huge deciding factor.
  • Interesting ... I ALWAYS use Bastila lead Jedi vs Grievous squads but that counter is not listed at all.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Interesting ... I ALWAYS use Bastila lead Jedi vs Grievous squads but that counter is not listed at all.

There's one on page 2

Seen
    Win %
    76.1%
    Avg
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Great feature and tool to have for those players that don't know of some counters.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    cool stuff

why not?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    StarSon wrote: »
    cool stuff

why not?

Because it reduces GAC down to whether or not you can read (and saved the "right" counters).

Sometimes people like to get creative on defense to try to trip up their opponents. Now, people just have to consult the list.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    cool stuff

why not?

Because it reduces GAC down to whether or not you can read (and saved the "right" counters).

Sometimes people like to get creative on defense to try to trip up their opponents. Now, people just have to consult the list.

I see people try some of these counters and fail all the time.

There will always be more than just reading a list.
  • TVF wrote: »
    cool stuff

why not?

Of course. That's why the win rates aren't 100%. The list simply makes it easier fur people who don't want to think.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    cool stuff

why not?

Of course. That's why the win rates aren't 100%. The list simply makes it easier fur people who don't want to think.

People who don't want to think will struggle when they try to use many of these counters because they aren't simple load-up-the-team-and-auto wins.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    cool stuff

why not?

People who don’t want to think also don’t care about GAC. But considering this is like the 27th list of counters, not sure why this is the thing that lets people not think. It doesn’t give any information on how to use it like the Discord bots do.
  • TVF wrote: »
    cool stuff

why not?

People who don't want to think will struggle when they try to use many of these counters because they aren't simple load-up-the-team-and-auto wins.

Faith in TVF +1
  • isn't it weird reys strong point is defense supposedly, but kylo is both more used and better defended.

lmgz71hnmwm7.png
  • this helps reduce the knowledge gap between older and newer players, which is good.