Please make HSR simable or ban SLKR from it

Prev1
Granatfuchs
25 posts Member
edited September 2020
Hey folks! In our guild more and more legends are available. Slkr finishes the HSR in 25min.

None can compete with that, leading to the same people getting each raid the best drops.

This is not what a raid is meant to be. As the guild collects together, why should the Kylos alone get the best price with minimum effort in each of the Raids?

CG, to improve the guild balance and team play feeling, do not allow such a auto team. Make it simable or ban legends from HSR.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• That sounds like something your guild should discuss and implement. Not something that the entire Swgoh community should have imposed on them.
  • This sounds like a good idea and not something that should tear guilds apart when you ask a long time member not to use SLKR and they leave.

Sim OLD content that is anti group content that is in a group setting.
  • We put a 30 minute rule out and it doesn’t work well. People keep screwing up. However in my case I could give 2 craps about the rewards. I just want to play the raid. Personally the raids have always been my favorite part of the game and now it’s impossible for me to test out different squads because I need to move as fast as freakin possible ... I need to use the 3 squads I’ve practiced otherwise I won’t have time to participate in every phase like I enjoy Doing.. the thing that absolutely blows my mind is that it’s perfectly ok for SLKR to hit for 3 million with one ability But rey can’t do 299999 damage every once in a while??? It makes NO SENSE CG.
  • Whale harder and get SLKR.

The game is what it is. Wait until the next raid and the next GL. Game keeps moving forward and so should you.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • That's a guild problem tbh

My guild has a rule of 18 million dmg at max, otherwise, they do not get to participate in the next one or get kicked out of the guild

We don't have a SLKR (we barely have a few Malaks and just one GAS at the time) but I'm sure that rule will remain when we get it
  • Glad I am not in your guild. Not worth being in a guild that holds your growth back.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Imho, this wouldn't be an issue if CG hadn't changed the Hsith rewards in the first place.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Get your own SLK instead of hating on those that do. Simple solution for a simple problem
  • I just left my guild for this very reason. And @Kokie that will solve nothing when the guild has 20-30 slkr's now does it? But I agree with this being a individual guild issue. The "better" guilds will come up with their own system to ensure that every guildie gets a fair shot versus just the lames who have SLKR's.
  • Hey folks! In our guild more and more legends are available. Slkr finishes the HSR in 25min.

None can compete with that, leading to the same people getting each raid the best drops.

This is not what a raid is meant to be. As the guild collects together, why should the Kylos alone get the best price with minimum effort in each of the Raids?

CG, to improve the guild balance and team play feeling, do not allow such a auto team. Make it simable or ban legends from HSR.

While it may be true that it's minimal effort in the raid itself, I can assure you it was far from minimal effort to get a GL in the first place. I don't disagree that it should be simmable, but I feel that your reasoning is flawed.

There should be a reward for all the effort that player put in for getting a GL.
  • I think a "tap out" feature would be nice - if you know you've done enough damage to place where you'd like to place, but also want to give guildmates the opportunity to do well themselves - you could choose to exit the raid at any point with your current damage recorded.
  • To beat it with SLKR it will take around 25 minutes. Plenty of time for others to attack. Back when people were soloing the Pit you would wait 30 minutes to post. Similarly with soloing the HAAT.

When people in my guild were always getting top ten in the Sith raid no one was asking them not too. Now that people got SLKR and they arent top ten they complain. Pretty hypocritical IMO.
  • As I intimated above, CG should simply revert the rewards structure back to the way it was - that is, more similar to HAAT, in terms of the possibility of full gear drops outside of the top 10 Ave less top-heavy. HSITH is nowhere near "endgame content" anymore.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    @Granatfuchs To improve guild balance (as you call it) how about you all unlock SLKR or whatever the next character/team who can solo the raid will be? As more and more players in your guild become able to solo the raid the balance will be restored. It will actually be even more balanced than previously (apart from the difference in scores for Soloing p4).

Alternatively make your own rules that suit your guild.
  • i vote for simmable tank raid first.

the kylo thing is a problem for your guild to handle mainly. this type of event isnt new for raids, there will always be a new team or character that makes the raid too easy.
  • My concern is, that the way to a legend needs a lot of time. If you chose a year ago not to go for Kylo, but for LS Teams, you fell already massively behind.

This is what I wanted to flag with guild balance. CG forces all to go for Kylo with the actual structure or the once have to accept, to fall behind every **** raid.

The effort put into Rey or JediLuke is also high.
    So please do no argue that Kylo deserves it...

The raids are earned by the guild. Tickets are gathered by every guildmate.
    Now Kylos suck and will suck for years best gear, till maybe one day all guild members have Kylo.

Does this structure support guilds? It pulls them apart in my eyes.
    This is a broken system. Such as capitalism is ;)

Therefore CG, please change something.
  • My concern is, that the way to a legend needs a lot of time. If you chose a year ago not to go for Kylo, but for LS Teams, you fell already massively behind.

This is what I wanted to flag with guild balance. CG forces all to go for Kylo with the actual structure or the once have to accept, to fall behind every **** raid.

The effort put into Rey or JediLuke is also high.
    So please do no argue that Kylo deserves it...

The raids are earned by the guild. Tickets are gathered by every guildmate.
    Now Kylos suck and will suck for years best gear, till maybe one day all guild members have Kylo.

Does this structure support guilds? It pulls them apart in my eyes.
    This is a broken system. Such as capitalism is ;)

Therefore CG, please change something.
    As everyone else has posted, hard disagree.

It’s not up to CG to change something. It’s up to each guild whether this is an issue or not, and whether they’re going to do something about it or not.

And if you don’t like what your guild is doing, might be time to find another one.
  • Kokie wrote: »
    Get your own SLK instead of hating on those that do. Simple solution for a simple problem

Yeah, it would be nice if that mods would let me tell you what I REALLY think about that ‘advice’ and the sort of person who would give it.

Why? It's the same as has been with all raids. If you you want to be competitive in this game mode you have to build the right teams for it. Always has been, always will be.

As others say, it's the job of your guild officers to find a solution that suits to your guild.
  • As a free to play person, I am 6 gear pieces away and 15 relic levels away from unlocking my first GL.

Hopefully, in a week or so I can begin unlocking GL Rey. Do I regret going for Rey and not SLKR? Yep. In the end, my fault for not hoarding and making a more educated plan.

However, for those that unlocked a GL quickly upon release the blatent imbalance in the two GLs is horrendous. GL Rey and Kylo are both great in pvp. I base this on the fact I cannot beat either.

GL Rey I would think gets in edge in TB as DSTB is reasonable without a GL. But congrats Rey owners... you help your guild (which is good, don't get me wrong). However SLKR gets the edge in HSTR. Congrats kylo owners you benefit over your fellow guild mates.

A final note, I recall the initial consensus was Rey was the better GL. I imagine a few people did hoard, but then went for Rey based on these incorrect initial findings.
  • I'm sorry but this is a completely ridiculous demand.
    What if a guild is able to beat HSR only thanks to their one member who has SLKR? You ban Kylo from the raid and now the guild can't beat it anymore, that won't make anyone happy in that guild.
    And what about all the people who farmed for Kylo because he could beat the raid? Should we just tell them "thanks for all your time/money investment, but now we are banning your Kylo from certain game modes" ???

This is something to discuss within your guild, not impose to the entire community. Maybe the people with Kylo in your guild would agree to wait 30min before starting their run. Or maybe you can farm Kylo too.
  • Hey folks! In our guild more and more legends are available. Slkr finishes the HSR in 25min.

Two things

1. They earned the right to win the raid because they grinded or whaled and got a very good character.

2. If your concerned about SLKR people getting ahead of you in raid rewards, then leave the guild and join a guild with less SLKRs.
  • DarthAsajj wrote: »
    I'm sorry but this is a completely ridiculous demand.
    What if a guild is able to beat HSR only thanks to their one member who has SLKR? Or maybe you can farm Kylo too.

Very low percentage of guilds own SLKR but is not able to beat HSith. Irrelevant argument in my eyes.

To farm SLKR is the obvious solution. But Is this smart? Everyone goes for Kylo, wow. What a game.

But to go unleash him takes a year. Wow.

One year presents from the guild for the 5-12 SlKR owners, who liked dark side more then light side.

One year less development for all Reys.

Looks to me a bad deal.

Within the guilds it can be organized, understood this. Seems to be the only way. Thanks for your feedback.

What makes me sad is that many Kylo owners do not see the necessarity of a proper raid drop distribution within their guild.

Egoism is sponsored through this char by CG. Makes the game less interesting.
  • @Granatfuchs Banning the (so far) only team that can solo the raid is not the way to go. If you wish you can choose to do it within your guild. What's holding you back? Why didn't you do this as soon as the first guild member unlocked SLKR? You could solve your "problem" by your next raid. By the time the developers would have implemented what you request you will have more SLKRs in your guild already and the problem will be smaller.

It's only a matter of time before most (if not all) members in your guild will be able to solo the raid and your problem will solved. When that happens will you ask CG to unban SLKR again?
  • To farm SLKR is the obvious solution. But Is this smart? Everyone goes for Kylo, wow. What a game.

But to go unleash him takes a year. Wow.

In the early days of hSTR "everyone" went for JTR to be able to beat the raid. What's the difference?

A year? How on earth would it take a year?

What makes me sad is that many Kylo owners do not see the necessarity of a proper raid drop distribution within their guild.

Maybe SLKR owners simply see that being able to solo the raid solves that problem? As soon as everyone can solo the raid everyone has equal access to top rewards. Noone will be able to claim top-3 rewards every raid like they could before SLKR came out.