GAC rewards

Starslayer
2413 posts Member
edited April 2021
Dear fellow gamers,

i often read post concerning the bad rewards from GAC, saying it's not even worth the bother.

I tend to disagree; if you win all your rounds and end at the bottom of the Kyber pool (Edit: in Div 1), here are your rewards from your monthly GAC (if I'm not mistaken, which is always a possibility):

500 crystals (promotions up to Kyber)
15 Holo mk3 (promotions up to Kyber)
30 Stun guns (promotions up to Kyber)
25 cuffs (promotions up to Kyber)
700 GET1(promotions up to Kyber)
10 zeta (promotions+GA winner x4)
15 omega (promotions+GA winner x4)
900 mod salvage (GA winner x4)
100 gold mod salvage (GA winner x4)
13000 GAC token, which could buy 185 kyrotech (3200 bottom of Kyro, 350x12 round winner, 1400x4 GA winner)

It's not arena level and most of us will get less, but still worth trying to get it imo.

Edit: breakdown of "where do they come from ?" added
Post edited by Starslayer on

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I believe most of the complaints come from a point of winning vs losing offers little in effort vs reward.
  • FOR MYSELF, none of that is worth the frustration and time required for gac, once again it's the same teams on defence time after time little to no variations of said teams (3v3 is where there are tons of variants 5v5 not so much). One month of time to complete gac for that? Can farm more of everything listed as rewards in far less time. (Except gac currency) I haven't played gac in months and I enjoy the game a lot more than I did when I was participating in gac. But that's just my opinion, I know a lot of people enjoy playing gac and that is awesome. Just like some people dont like fleets and I have always liked fleet arena, and because so many ignored it for so long it was fairly easy to get top spots early on. But once again this is just my opinion.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Kyno wrote: »
    I believe most of the complaints come from a point of winning vs losing offers little in effort vs reward.

Thanks, didn't realised that. I'll guess i'll update my post next gac with a "0 victories rewards" breakdown to compare ;)

Édit: i didn't realised there was a 'ga' section. Thx for the trip ;)
  • Ok, here are the rewards you get doing almost nothing in D1 (just putting down defenses, which will bring you to Bronzium), compared in parenthesis with what you would get with 12 victories:

50 crystals (500)
    2 Holo mk3 (15)
    4 Stun guns (30)
    2 Cuffs (25)
    0 GET1 (700)
    0 zeta (10)
    0 omega (15)
    240 mod salvage (900)
    20 gold mod salvage (100)
    13000 GAC token (2500), which could buy 185 kyrotech (35)

So by actually playing GAC instead of just putting down defenses, you could gain:

450 crystals
    13 Holo mk3
    26 Stun Guns
    23 Cuffs
    700 GET1
    10 Zeta
    15 Omega
    660 Mod salvage
    80 Gold mod salvage
    10500 GAC token, which could buy 150 kyrotech
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    Ok, here are the rewards you get doing almost nothing in D1 (just putting down defenses, which will bring you to Bronzium), compared in parenthesis with what you would get with 12 victories:

50 crystals (500)
    2 Holo mk3 (15)
    4 Stun guns (30)
    2 Cuffs (25)
    0 GET1 (700)
    0 zeta (10)
    0 omega (15)
    240 mod salvage (900)

So by actually playing GAC instead of just putting down defenses, you could gain:

450 crystals
    13 Holo mk3
    26 Stun Guns
    23 Cuffs
    700 GET1
    10 Zeta
    15 Omega
    660 Mod salvage
    80 Gold mod salvage

Yeah, because the people who do more than set defence have a legit chance of winning all 12 matches. Try comparing one victory per round to 0. Plus if the game mode isn't enjoyable for someone the rewards are irrelevant.

I personally enjoy gac despite thinking that top 80 is poor metric for determining matches but I can understand peoples frustration and see way if they have a "bloated" roster they don't bother participating.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Vi1teran_ wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Ok, here are the rewards you get doing almost nothing in D1 (just putting down defenses, which will bring you to Bronzium), compared in parenthesis with what you would get with 12 victories:

50 crystals (500)
    2 Holo mk3 (15)
    4 Stun guns (30)
    2 Cuffs (25)
    0 GET1 (700)
    0 zeta (10)
    0 omega (15)
    240 mod salvage (900)

450 crystals
    13 Holo mk3
    26 Stun Guns
    23 Cuffs
    700 GET1
    10 Zeta
    15 Omega
    660 Mod salvage
    80 Gold mod salvage

Yeah, because the people who do more than set defence have a legit chance of winning all 12 matches. Try comparing one victory per round to 0. Plus if the game mode isn't enjoyable for someone the rewards are irrelevant.

I personally enjoy gac despite thinking that top 80 is poor metric for determining matches but I can understand peoples frustration and see way if they have a "bloated" roster they don't bother participating.

I often read complaints about rewards in GAC. So to put things in perspective, I just listed the pile of rewards you're fighting for. Then, Kyno hinted than some complaints were like "winning or losing doesn't change rewards so much". So I listed what you can gain if you win instead of losing. And it's a lot imo.

If you ("you" in general, not you you) don't engaged in GAC because you don't like it, the rewards won't change a thing and my post is useless to you. However, if you (still not you you) are not interested in GAC because you think the rewards are not worth the effort, I tend to differ.
  • OP, you are spot on, but people won't agree with you because:

a) they just don't like GAC
    b) they've been burned too many and are anti-cg
    c) heard people complain that GAC rewards got nerfed and refuse to believe otherwise
    d) don't/can't/won't do a summation of many small rewards to see the end total

I've done this a lot, pointing out that a 3-0 week gives you enough GAC currency to buy 35 Kyrotech, which is not insignificant. Seldom do people acknowledge the value in that.

BUT IT USED TO GIVE 50 STUN GUNS!

Yeah, it did. Once, when GA ran half as often.

BUT IT USED TO GIVE 25 SALVAGE FOR FIRST!

Yes, and 35 >>> 25

SEE, THEY NERFED GAC REWARDS!

For d), see how many complaints players have about the Galactic Challenge rewards being nerfed, when in fact you get more than the first iteration. Just in a lot of batches of 2,3, or 4.

So, excellent post, but I think you (we) are shouting at the wind.