Forgotten Characters?

Prev1
Here’s a list of all of the characters that are missing a zeta/omega upgrade. Have they been forgotten? I know quite a few are worthless (lookin at you ugnaught) but it’d be nice if they eventually got their kits finished.

cp0ys040dpg9.jpeg

Replies

• Don’t worry, they will all be needed at relics for a GL one day.
  • Don’t worry, they will all be needed at relics for a GL one day.

Sadly the FO toons got zetas at one point and were needed. There are three resistance that haven’t been looked at or touched since the beginning of the game.
  • You have forgotten Cad Bane, the only bounty hunter in the game without a zeta - even though he once got a little touch-up, it was not enough. Even worse maybe because back then they removed his "Jedi hunter" lead ability. It wasn't strong, but it was meant true to lore at least.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Is anyone else surprised that this list is that short?

Or that so many of those toons are still kind of useful, and at least lowB-C grade toons
  • Kyno wrote: »

Or that so many of those toons are still kind of useful, and at least lowB-C grade toons

I’m surprised you think many of these toons are useful. Outside of pilots being useful for their ships, I’m struggling to get passed the Rebel Fighters. Remove Mon Mothma from the game, and maybe I could see chirrut and baze still being useful...maybe.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

I’m surprised you think many of these toons are useful. Outside of pilots being useful for their ships, I’m struggling to get passed the Rebel Fighters. Remove Mon Mothma from the game, and maybe I could see chirrut and baze still being useful...maybe.

Pilots are very useful.

Jawa are useful.

Most of the jedi listed can be used as subs in jedi teams, or even more recently make a solid team with JKL.

Talia and Bistan are solid toons.

Not sure why you would remove MM from the game, since ya know she is part of the game and brings together a useful team.

That's more than 50% of the list.

I'm not saying any of them are great, but since there are times where gearing a toon for a secondary use (pilot, or just for an event), I will try to work them into some extra benefit too,and that can work in the case of a fair amount of that list.

No no no, Plo koon was amazing in a JKR meta, he basically gave the edge to your revan team with bonus speed and made it easier for you to win,
    Jawas are great for killing bugs or MM,
    Lando, wedge, Biggs, chirut, baze where also great until recently, wedge and Biggs where part of the danger zone squad countering traya when she was meta.
    Poe and resistance trooper are still great under JTR or finn, they counter high relic BH,

Again all those toon can get a buff with a zeta one of these days and that would be great (maybe give us rebel pilot Luke) but the rest of them are trash basically (maybe Ayla secura can have a use every now and then)

:| All of the examples you use here are toons being used in old meta teams or to counter old meta teams.

I have many on this list geared from 2017 and 2018 (most are g8 or g9). Some are g12 from when Ships 2.0 was introduced, and are still in my top 80 GP. They don’t participate in GAC, in TB, or in TW. If given the option to take all of that gear back and immediately place it on other toons, I’d do it in a heartbeat for everyone but ackbar (since he has a capital ship) and plo koon (also only for his ship).
  • CadoaBane wrote: »
    You have forgotten Cad Bane, the only bounty hunter in the game without a zeta - even though he once got a little touch-up, it was not enough. Even worse maybe because back then they removed his "Jedi hunter" lead ability. It wasn't strong, but it was meant true to lore at least.

He doesn’t have any abilities that are at 7. They’re all maxed at omegas, only reason he was left off the list. I’d love for him to get a rework though!!!

Pilots are very useful.

Jawa are useful.

Most of the jedi listed can be used as subs in jedi teams, or even more recently make a solid team with JKL.

Not sure why you would remove MM from the game, since ya know she is part of the game and brings together a useful team.

I'm not saying any of them are great, but since there are times where gearing a toon for a secondary use (pilot, or just for an event), I will try to work them into some extra benefit too,and that can work in the case of a fair amount of that list.

I’m not disagreeing that pilots are useful, but you said that the toon was useful and I disagree with that. You can make a new toon pilot named Black Box with 4 abilities that can be leveled to 7 which all say “do nothing,” and it would be almost as useful as a Bistan.

I’ll give you Jawas.

For Jedi, would you gear any of those Jedi if you hadn’t done so a long time ago? Plo Koon for instance, isn’t terrible, but he’s kind of like the Jedi version of Phasma with a better basic ability. His best ability is to give everyone else some turn meter.

For Talia, maybe but I don’t use her and don’t feel like I’m missing out. For Bistan, I’ve had him at g12 for 2 years now and have tried him in many different rebel lineups. Before Mon Mothma, he wasn’t worth having at g12 outside of being a pilot. Now, I’d like to switch his gear with Pao or a better rebel Fighter, but I’m not going to start a side project for that.

The comment about Mon Mothma was that she made that garbage Rebel Fighter toons worth gearing. On their own, though, they aren’t worth much.

Saying that a toon is useful because they’re used for an event is the same as saying Rose or Phasma are useful because they’re gating a GL. We can debate the definition of “useful,” but I think that providing access to an event does not exactly make a toon useful. Or at least that’s not the use I want to get out of toons I gear.
  • “Missing”
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Pilots are very useful.

Jawa are useful.

I’m not disagreeing that pilots are useful, but you said that the toon was useful and I disagree with that. You can make a new toon pilot named Black Box with 4 abilities that can be leveled to 7 which all say “do nothing,” and it would be almost as useful as a Bistan.

I guess we can agree to disagree, but ships don't function as well without the pilot having gear, which would seem to make them useful to have.

Pilots are very useful.

Jawa are useful.

For Jedi, would you gear any of those Jedi if you hadn’t done so a long time ago? Plo Koon for instance, isn’t terrible, but he’s kind of like the Jedi version of Phasma with a better basic ability. His best ability is to give everyone else some turn meter.

Yes. Aayla and Plo Koon are family solid.

Pilots are very useful.

Jawa are useful.

For Talia, maybe but I don’t use her and don’t feel like I’m missing out. For Bistan, I’ve had him at g12 for 2 years now and have tried him in many different rebel lineups. Before Mon Mothma, he wasn’t worth having at g12 outside of being a pilot. Now, I’d like to switch his gear with Pao or a better rebel Fighter, but I’m not going to start a side project for that.

I am in the same boat with Talia, but many seem to love her and consider her key in PvE modes where NS are used.

Pilots are very useful.

Jawa are useful.

The comment about Mon Mothma was that she made that garbage Rebel Fighter toons worth gearing. On their own, though, they aren’t worth much.

Saying that a toon is useful because they’re used for an event is the same as saying Rose or Phasma are useful because they’re gating a GL. We can debate the definition of “useful,” but I think that providing access to an event does not exactly make a toon useful. Or at least that’s not the use I want to get out of toons I gear.

I understand what you are saying, but we are past that point, she is in the game, and therefore brings up those toons to a useful level.

I'm not sure what game you are playing if providing access to an event is not part of a characters usefulness.

If they are "worth putting gear on" for anything other than "I wanted to" then there must be some level of usefulness. I agree that it's a weird definition, but we are talking about a game. At some level toons brought up to 7* for platoons are serving a use.

I'm not saying they are great or anything, just saying that more than half of them serve a purpose and a few on multiple levels. That is surprising considering they have not seen any love at all since they came out.

I am in the same boat with Talia, but many seem to love her and consider her key in PvE modes where NS are used.

She's there for her cleanse.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

She's there for her cleanse.

And her heal.
  • there's no way I would put a bunch of resources in loltalia just to pass another level of AB
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • IntrepidFox
    237 posts Member
    edited September 2020

It’s Probably that short because it’s not a complete list. Chopper is one example. Guessing there are a lot more.

Edit: op obviously means characters that have neither an omega nor zeta, my bad. Chopper has an omega but no zeta. I guess cup, mob enforcer et al are similar.
  • I do use Talia in my NS lineup as she provides a very tactical component - TM gain, debuff cleanse, selfheal + group heal and Stagger. This is a pretty versatile kit but most people just don't know how to use it to it's full effectivity.

Resistance Pilot is a permanent member of my JTR squad to counter FO unless they have Hux. My team is not even full G12, i only have one zeta on JTR and yet i'm able to conquer some full relic enemies.

To top this i lately started gearing my Jawas a bit to counter MoM in GAC the easy way.

If you really want you can find a use for almost every toon in that list.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • LordGrahck
    344 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    I use CUP on my Padme team. I have him modded for high potency and his stun on basic combined with Padme's courage mechanic really helps him do work. I also use Mace with zBastila, GMY, Shaak Ti, and zBarris. He autotaunts at the start and Shaak Ti keeps him taunting while GMY and Bastila keep him buffed and Barriss takes care of the crits. It's a silly team I put together on a dare from a guild mate to make Mace useful.
  • Magruffin
    760 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    LordGrahck wrote: »
    I use CUP on my Padme team. I have him modded for high potency and his stun on basic combined with Padme's courage mechanic really helps him do work. I also use Mace with zBastila, GMY, Shaak Ti, and zBarris. He autotaunts at the start and Shaak Ti keeps him taunting while GMY and Bastila keep him buffed and Barriss takes care of the crits. It's a silly team I put together on a dare from a guild mate to make Mace useful.

These creative ideas are why I still enjoy this forum from time to time. I never would've considered cup w padme , and the jedi team sounds like something cool to try out. @LordGrahck What was the lead?
  • LordGrahck
    344 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Magruffin wrote: »
    LordGrahck wrote: »

These creative ideas are why I still enjoy this forum from time to time. I never would've considered cup w padme , and the jedi team sounds like something cool to try out. @LordGrahck What was the lead?

Bastila with her zeta. I've used the same line up with Old Ben in place of Mace Windu, and it still works. Idea is to keep the tank taunting for as long as possible.
  • Just because a character isn't meta doesn't mean they're worthless. Not every character needs a zeta.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I wonder what the best team with no zetas is

Wiggs lead lando and chaze gets my vote
  • If the argument is that these characters would benefit from a rework, I totally agree. If the argument is that they need rare mats (omega, zeta) to somehow be useful, you can crawl back into your troll hole. This game has too many farming grinds already. It’s nice to have some core characters that can are easily obtained and geared to fill holes and build b-teams.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I wonder what the best team with no zetas is

I'd vote for a combination of Bounty Hunters
  • Bnorth86 wrote: »
    Here’s a list of all of the characters that are missing a zeta/omega upgrade. Have they been forgotten? I know quite a few are worthless (lookin at you ugnaught) but it’d be nice if they eventually got their kits finished.

cp0ys040dpg9.jpeg

This looks like the list of required toons for the 3rd set of GLs. GL Boba and friends possibly.
  • I'm totally ok with some characters being weak, but Mace is unacceptable. He is literally one of the most powerful Jedi in canon.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I wonder what the best team with no zetas is

I'd vote for a combination of Bounty Hunters

Actually i meant characters that have no zeta abilities defined yet (as per the table)
  • Talia and Bistan are solid toons.

Completely disagree.

Talia's best use is cleansing other NS, but it's very rare that you're taking any NS squad against a team that pumps out debuffs, and when you do - well, the two most debuff heavy squads are Palp (L) and DR (L), and any NS squad is going to get smoked by a Palp or DR squad with equal gear & equal zetas.

So when you need it most, would you like to have her cleanse? I guess, but her kit as a whole can't change NS from a losing squad into a winning squad against either of those leads.

Now, I've also used Talia in the NS AB vs. that nasty encounter-4 Sidious, but when you get to higher tiers, she doesn't help there either b/c she dies from the AoE. It's Daka that saves that AB, not Talia. I'd love to love Talia. I was an early adopter of NS in my guild way back when, but she's not a solid toon if she doesn't make your NS squads better, and if you could have an all r7 NS Squad of Talzin, Ventress, Daka, Spririt & Zombie, there's no one of those toons you can switch out for an r7 Talia that wouold make the squad better.

The way I look at it, she's tied for 6th best NightSister, and that's ... not solid.

As for Bistan, well, there's simply no way that Bistan is a solid toon in any sense. His ship is a solid ship, and you might gear the toon for the sake of the ship, but he's simply not a solid toon. Period.