Galactic challenges event [MERGE]

Replies

• The rewards are a mistake right?
    They are absolutely terrible again.
  • Tbf g12+5 UKR-L G11 FOO, G11 FOEX, g9 KR, g8 Cpt Ph nailed tier7. Slight misplay so i lost FOEX,but could have done the flawless victory too. Rewards seem to be okay compared to the challenge difficulty. That being said, i still find this event just lame.
  • KRU, Kylo, Hux, ST, FOX beat everything including T7. Pretty easy compared to the last one with Resistance. Shouldn't be this frustratingly varied, especially with the recommended factions.

Makes no sense.
  • Malak beats tier 7 if you have him. Took a while but he keeps stunning and draining and the dots don't bother him. By the end the enimies had like 50 dots and they just died when they got a turn.

exytgbjet2b7.jpg
  • I liked this one. The FO faction has all the tools to beat this one but it's not overly obvious. Soon as you hit T5 and the BHs start regening health/prot from the event mod dots I had to reassess my strategy. That's what a GC should be, IMO.
    KRU lead, kylo ren, hux, ST, FOST. Use kru basic to inflict tenacity down, kylo ren basic to inflict heal immunity. The BH will stop gaining health/prot. Hux cleanses FOST or ST. ST cleanses everyone. FOST taunt if kru is in trouble. Once bossk is dead, apply tenacity down and heal immun to the next bh, rinse/repeat watch them all drop to dots.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    KRU, Kylo, Hux, ST, FOX beat everything including T7. Pretty easy compared to the last one with Resistance. Shouldn't be this frustratingly varied, especially with the recommended factions.

Makes no sense.

BH are easier to beat than GG droids — you should know that difficulty won’t be the same GC to GC unless the enemy squad is unchanged
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    KRU, Kylo, Hux, ST, FOX beat everything including T7. Pretty easy compared to the last one with Resistance. Shouldn't be this frustratingly varied, especially with the recommended factions.

Makes no sense.

Agreed, it was though even with the gl of the faction. We can't even call these -reccomended faction- as the faction directly ties clearance of all the rewards.
  • What is with DoTs ability in every challenge. Seriously is that all CG can come up with. Where is the creativity, Where is the effort being put into these. Feels to me like a lazy half **** job. Is this where everyones money goes to? Give us something different for each one not this bull relying on dots to win.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »

Makes no sense.

The point is to mix and match factions used, opponents and global modifiers to create unique battles imo. The difficulty will vary for sure, but as one particular setting won't happen again, it's not a big deal and we'll move on to the next one soon enough ;)
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    The point is to mix and match factions used, opponents and global modifiers to create unique battles imo. The difficulty will vary for sure, but as one particular setting won't happen again, it's not a big deal and we'll move on to the next one soon enough ;)

you hope. just wait until Rey still faces GG droids and FO still faces BH.
  • I did t6 with 2 g12 fo and the rest g11/10. This was a nice change compared to some of the previous ones.
  • BH that rubbish?
  • yankeeh8er wrote: »
    I did t6 with 2 g12 fo and the rest g11/10. This was a nice change compared to some of the previous ones.

I’d like to see proof of that please and team composition.
  • Hey look half the stun guns disappeared just like half the kyros did last week
  • DuneFlint
    648 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    uzn59bhgjal4.jpg
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    I did t6 with 2 g12 fo and the rest g11/10. This was a nice change compared to some of the previous ones.

Here's what I used. Took quite a few tries to get rng right, but kylo was the lone survivor.

zcty9kaby9ok.jpg

mrcsqusxtjqo.jpg

• @JediRobb probably the best description of this event so far. 3-day Assault Battle with worse rewards, indeed.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    yankeeh8er wrote: »

6oz77rtztmwc.jpg
    os2grzmy73xr.jpg
    Here you go.
  • All tiers undermanned with the same team from above minus FOX.

R7 KRU, R7 Kylo, R5 Hux and R5 ST.

Entertaining to see the BHs all flop over with 45-50+ DoTs once they finally get a turn.
  • Starslayer wrote: »

you hope. just wait until Rey still faces GG droids and FO still faces BH.

Well, they will just change the planet then ;) but yeah, if they don't add some factions/planets in time, we'll have to redo the same stuff. But they still have time ;)
  • DarkHelmet1138
    3884 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    @JediRobb probably the best description of this event so far. 3-day Assault Battle with worse rewards, indeed.

Yep and 3 days far too long. Took me less than an hour to get all the rewards I'm going to.

Played the early tiers with fo to get that feat. Then did the rest with undersized sith since my fo are g8 trash.

So not really replayable content.

If they simply added a few feats with beat the event with more than the one faction, you could replay it several times for more rewards.

They could have a feat for fo, sith, rebels, separatists, ect.

Then you can try it with multiple teams. And it encourages whales to max everything so they can beat everything.
  • I think it would be cool if there were feats that spanned the tiers. For example,
    - How many tiers can you clear without reusing a toon?
    - Take one team, start in Tier I, as soon as last toon dies, Tier II toons spawn. Get rewards based on how far you can get.

Or... just give me a practice mode so I can work on my GL counters for TW/GAC.
  • I really don’t understand how they see 3 days as ok. There’s zero replay value once you get rewards. I can even see 2 days just to give people a chance to do it if they’re busy but cmon....the rewards are one time only too. This is definitely isn’t the “everyday content” they promised us
    #BringBackCarrie
    I really don’t understand how they see 3 days as ok. There’s zero replay value once you get rewards. I can even see 2 days just to give people a chance to do it if they’re busy but cmon....the rewards are one time only too. This is definitely isn’t the “everyday content” they promised us
    #BringBackCarrie

i agree, frankly 1-2 days is enough and with the amount of rewards missing 1 wouldn't hurt at that point (assuming they happen nonestop). so them giving the excuse of ensuring people have time to play it doesnt work imo. if its a daily event like they said they wanted people wouldnt miss it more then missing normal dailies. they only way to miss it is how they have the event working currently which is 3 days a week
  • So the last 2 GC’s have been improved imho, and my last piece of feedback is similar to what some others have posted:

I’d like to see increased/better total rewards, but spread across more faction feats (stick w/ no gear gates, though!). I think this would meet the idea of broad engagement, and would allow for variety/replay value given that the enemy squad is going to remain the same across tiers. Beat it with Rebels - credit reward. Beat it with Imps - ships creds. Beat it with 1st order - mods rewards. Beat it with the featured faction - rarest gear rewards.

Make GC’s kind of a “how many ways can you beat this” challenge and I think it would really be something.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    3 days might be too long for some but if it isn't running more frequently it doesn't matter how long it runs.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    3 days might be too long for some but if it isn't running more frequently it doesn't matter how long it runs.

Yeah I agree. I'm even for making the assualt battles available for longer. They only do six a month anyway so they could run them for a week and have some overlap.

That would allow players to do them at their leisure and make it where we didn't have a Saturday with hardly any events.
  • Is it just me or were the rewards on this last challenge much more reasonable?
    I really don’t understand how they see 3 days as ok. There’s zero replay value once you get rewards. I can even see 2 days just to give people a chance to do it if they’re busy but cmon....the rewards are one time only too. This is definitely isn’t the “everyday content” they promised us
    #BringBackCarrie

Exactly. This has 0 replayability. There is no need if the rewards dont reset daily.

This is a serious miss given the original goal of something to do daily.