Forgotten Characters?

2Next

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Talia and Bistan are solid toons.

As for Bistan, well, there's simply no way that Bistan is a solid toon in any sense. His ship is a solid ship, and you might gear the toon for the sake of the ship, but he's simply not a solid toon. Period.

Not trying to single you out, but you posted it last so I'm going to quote this statement.

I'm not sure I know what game people are playing that this is a thought process....

Gear is one of the most precious and sought after things in this game, second only to things like speed 20+ mods, and such.

For any toon to be recommended to be brought up to a high gear level at this point in the game, that is a good toon, a solid toon, a useful toon, whichever phrase you want to put on it, no matter their exact use.
  • I would like some love for the tuskens myself
  • I see a lot of Republic Jedi on there waiting on kit touch-ups.. *cough* GL Obi-Wan and Anakin are coming *cough*
  • Some are useless even when reliced, eg Rose :) She is only useful to get Rey, but then again, Rey has bugs. They buffed Kylo quickly, but have left Rey bugged for months.
  • Don’t worry, they will all be needed at relics for a GL one day.

They'll all have to be relic'd for a GL one day and not actually be used to get the GL....
  • Having all abilities omegad/zetad doesnt mean they are useful...some still pretty weak compare to the others.
    Mon mothma saved some, but she can only take 4 with her, rests are still left in the corner.
  • Kyno wrote: »

As for Bistan, well, there's simply no way that Bistan is a solid toon in any sense. His ship is a solid ship, and you might gear the toon for the sake of the ship, but he's simply not a solid toon. Period.

Not trying to single you out, but you posted it last so I'm going to quote this statement.

I'm not sure I know what game people are playing that this is a thought process....

Gear is one of the most precious and sought after things in this game, second only to things like speed 20+ mods, and such.

For any toon to be recommended to be brought up to a high gear level at this point in the game, that is a good toon, a solid toon, a useful toon, whichever phrase you want to put on it, no matter their exact use.

Lv up 2 dust collectors only for a ship...alright, your choice.
  • CadoaBane wrote: »
    You have forgotten Cad Bane, the only bounty hunter in the game without a zeta - even though he once got a little touch-up, it was not enough. Even worse maybe because back then they removed his "Jedi hunter" lead ability. It wasn't strong, but it was meant true to lore at least.

Humorously though, Cad is far from the worst bounty hunter.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I wonder what the best team with no zetas is

Wiggs lead lando and chaze gets my vote

I'd vote for a combination of Bounty Hunters

No equipped zetas or no zetas in the kits?
  • OnlyZuul wrote: »
    If the argument is that these characters would benefit from a rework, I totally agree. If the argument is that they need rare mats (omega, zeta) to somehow be useful, you can crawl back into your troll hole. This game has too many farming grinds already. It’s nice to have some core characters that can are easily obtained and geared to fill holes and build b-teams.

Definitely saying that these characters should get a rework. In past when they’ve given that final ability spot (omega/zeta) they rework the rest of the kit. Could you imagine if Lando or wedge’s leadership would end up adding protection recovery? Or if Mace’s unique would actually inflict shatter point like in GeoTB? Any of those GR Jedi getting a power increase/unique tweak could be huge. Would be nice to have some of those older toons help out in newer content. I do think that chirrut/baze wouldn’t need a full rework, just get the final addition to their uniques.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Yep, and my rebel fleet has paid me back many times over.

One of the most fun memories from my early time in the game was having the High Ground in fleet arena, while everyone else had stopped gearing up their Phoenixes. B)
  • Guar wrote: »
    I see a lot of Republic Jedi on there waiting on kit touch-ups.. *cough* GL Obi-Wan and Anakin are coming *cough*

Hurry up and get your KAM to r7...

I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.

Theres a differences between start from 0 and already have them.

They are not bad, but not the first choice anymore.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

no one said first choice. but many of those characters, especially the pilots are still recommended to put gear on for that reason. no one said they were great, just that they have a purpose and can be used in a pretty late game stage.

no one said first choice. but many of those characters, especially the pilots are still recommended to put gear on for that reason. no one said they were great, just that they have a purpose and can be used in a pretty late game stage.

Solid (top end players), I got it.
    To normal players he's not even a choice because too many chars/ships needed to stay competitive, ppl might want to gear him up but keep pushed back due to new metas game modes and chars.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

To normal players he's not even a choice because too many chars/ships needed to stay competitive, ppl might want to gear him up but keep pushed back due to new metas game modes and chars.

it has nothing to do with top end or not.

metas come and metas go. rebels had a time where they were the way to stay competitive. they are still a capable fleet in both GAC and TW.

again, no one is saying they are the best, but you can make them work. trying to chase the new and shiny all the time is not good for mid range players especially F2P. gearing a fleet that can keep you going and has a long term use is much better than stopping half way through and trying to get the next new thing.

it has nothing to do with top end or not.

metas come and metas go. rebels had a time where they were the way to stay competitive. they are still a capable fleet in both GAC and TW.

again, no one is saying they are the best, but you can make them work. trying to chase the new and shiny all the time is not good for mid range players especially F2P. gearing a fleet that can keep you going and has a long term use is much better than stopping half way through and trying to get the next new thing.

Bistan is solid. Whatever you like it.
    Rebel pilots except falcon are not b or c team anymore, you want to gear the fleet, costing you 75643325678 stun guns, carbantis and gold balls, your choice.
    I wont recommend a new player do this though.
  • Bistan is far from the worst character in the game, but he requires a bit of creativity.

Plus:
    Only 1 Mk 5 Stun Gun
    High Base Speed
    Pretty high Physical Damage and Armor Penetration
    Grants allies TM and can take numerous extra turns
    TM removal that can potentially remove 100% TM with decent potency mods
    DoTs on basic ability
    Great Ship

Cons:
    Lots of Stun Cuffs and Carbantis
    No obvious team/synergy
    Easily stopped with Daze
    No AoE

I use him with Mon Mothma lead sometimes, as his high damage is able to overwhelm some tanks and he is able to take a lot of turns if you mod him to go first and use Frenzy right away. With all the assist the DoTs will also stack up and eventually kill tanks (other than those with dispels (L3) or reduced %-based damage (KRU)).

I also use him with Jyn lead as a General Grievous clean-up in TW. We still have guild members that occasionally leave solo Grievous' after failed attempts, and the combo of Jyn and Bistan is able to remove TM and prevent Grievous from taking (m)any turns. Provided you have the speed and potency, they don't even have to be geared terribly high, and c'mon, it's not like you're using your Rogue One team for anything else...

• You forgot about my boi

4ttegggv12ap.jpeg
  • Tattz wrote: »
    You forgot about my boi

4ttegggv12ap.jpeg

Why
  • @TheMaster12345

I suspect for fun.

Some people actually do play games for the fun.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TheMaster12345

I suspect for fun.

Some people actually do play games for the fun.

cjmnyszp2kb9.png
  • @Kyno

You made me LOL
  • Ackbar is the only fleet commander without a zeta but his ship is still second in my opinion only to Nego. Every toon on that list would have to get a massive rework for me to spend a zeta on them.

Mace Windu 👀