Which New Galactic Legend Are Y’all Going For?

SemiGod
3001 posts Member
edited September 2020
It’ll also be nice to hear your guys’ reasoning.

Which New Galactic Legend Are Y’all Going For? 76 votes

Jedi Master Luke Skywalker
43%
DwinkelmNikoms565PhernWratheVinniarthUltraNojowGreenGoblin96BlargwaharMaruMarupanetoneMBD232suchiuomizub4rneyNova44ObiJuanPolloVanillaSwirlKausDebonairchionophileIy4oy4s 33 votes
Sith Eternal Emperor
21%
LiamtbqhDatBoiCombatCommander7DarthNekrosRiffinatorLordDirtndwilsonVeserion1JoshcropcirclesMandelbroJkanenurmMetaThumperReportEricTargetEaduManInWhite 16 votes
Waiting for Kit Reveal
23%
Dal_ZubaTaTaKaSRichfxxxSithAmerCampCosmosWombatJediKnightBarik_EdoXxDougyDougyxXToLiveCadoaBaneLegend91Arneth2SanderzasZanirDonPutoFansmurfintasticGorgusDarthGlovoc 18 votes
Neither
11%
YardbirdAgents_of_tPhoenixeonLastPretenderGuarTheJEFFtmSchwartzringel_magoTheMaster12345 9 votes

Replies

• Sith Eternal Emperor
    I just like Palpatine's character, so I'm gonna get him. Not spending money, just getting to it.
  • Sith Eternal Emperor
    I’ve been hoarding gear since SEE’s second set of requirements dropped, waiting to see if GAS will be needed. I only have three Sith below gear 12 (Traya, FO Sith Trooper, and of course... Sidious...) and really only need to farm Krennic and the Bomber (and Piett). Also avoiding spending.
  • Jedi Master Luke Skywalker
    Jedi Master Luke

In a long... long time

First GAS, then SLKR, then JKL, and THEN master luke
  • Neither
    Has of right now neither for me.im one or two good hits from getting malak then im almost at my requirements for gas.when it comes time for a gl i will see which one im closest to getting and go from there
    I’d say based on my toons, I am minutely closer to being able to get Luke if I started gearing. However, I don’t even have SLKR yet so I won’t get the other 3 GLs for a while.
    DrMorpheus wrote: »
    I’d say based on my toons, I am minutely closer to being able to get Luke if I started gearing. However, I don’t even have SLKR yet so I won’t get the other 3 GLs for a while.

Same
  • TheJEFFtm
    917 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Neither
    Neither was the closest answer for me.
    I’ve got Rey.
    I’m 4 g12s away from Kylo farm.
    Then I am going for JKL (hopefully next time his event comes around).
    By then the new GL characters should be ‘in the wild’ and most of the (presumed) rebalancing done.

At that point, my roster probably says I will go for GML, but I may flesh out a handful of other characters first (I fleshed out all the teams to at least beat all Assault Battles Challenge tier 1 and most of the tier 2s before starting on my FO gear)

As long as the “comparable power level of existing GLs” holds true, I will work towards them slowly, and continue hoarding to adjust to meta shifts on the fly.
  • Sith Eternal Emperor
    As I just finished SLKR and left out other teams, I will first push my shaak ti / clones to a higher level and then will work on my imperials to get a stronger team. Therefor, GL palp would much better fit into my roaster.
    But what I saw in the last month, without a range of good teams which can beat at least challenge tier1 of the events, kyros are a real bottleneck. On the other hand I am not sure how long it will take for the return on investment for e.g. pushing nightsisters.
  • I have a big majority of the Luke requirements so I'll probably go for that. Oh wait except I don't have enough Wampa and HYoda shards because I haven't been playing for 6 years so nevermind. Guess CG doesn't want any money from me
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Jedi Master Luke Skywalker
    Surprised with the early results a bit. I guess the new luke ownership determined a clear path for folks like me which skews the stat towards luke.
    Post edited by MaruMaru on
    It appeared I am more prepared for JML. Have no choice I think.
  • Sith Eternal Emperor
    Dark side player here so SEE is the way for me.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Neither
    Din Djarin
  • Waiting for Kit Reveal
    Last time a lot of people went for rey because she seemed to be better. A lot of people are going for JML which makes me think that SEE will have a lot of bugs that need to be fixed.
  • Waiting for Kit Reveal
    I have a big majority of the Luke requirements so I'll probably go for that. Oh wait except I don't have enough Wampa and HYoda shards because I haven't been playing for 6 years so nevermind. Guess CG doesn't want any money from me

Nobody has been playing for 6 years. I have been playing since September 2016 so 4 years and I have both of them at 7 stars, I also have Malak and Skywalker at 7 stars, I have 72K get1 waiting and I also have bought a nice amount of stun guns. In other words 2,5 years are enough to have all of these characters at 7 stars. So if you are playing more than that it is your fault entirely. Stop blaming others for your poor in game choices.

On topic,I have Rey and I am currently hoarding everything. I want JKL and I will probably get him next time and then I will decide if and who I am going after.
  • TaTaKaS wrote: »
    I have a big majority of the Luke requirements so I'll probably go for that. Oh wait except I don't have enough Wampa and HYoda shards because I haven't been playing for 6 years so nevermind. Guess CG doesn't want any money from me

Nobody has been playing for 6 years. I have been playing since September 2016 so 4 years and I have both of them at 7 stars, I also have Malak and Skywalker at 7 stars, I have 72K get1 waiting and I also have bought a nice amount of stun guns. In other words 2,5 years are enough to have all of these characters at 7 stars. So if you are playing more than that it is your fault entirely. Stop blaming others for your poor in game choices.

On topic,I have Rey and I am currently hoarding everything. I want JKL and I will probably get him next time and then I will decide if and who I am going after.

Did you ever think that maybe you're the exception to the rule? I'm sure plenty of people have all of these things done and have spent GET 1 diligently without ever wavering, but for the rest of us out there who buy gear with it from time to time because the gear grind is insanely slow or need to fill in other farms or perhaps they missed the time when everyone ran Hoth for 12k GET per event because the Geo TBs didn't exist.

The point is just because you did it doesn't mean everyone else, ever has been able to do it. You've got over a hundred posts on the forums so I'm going to guess that you're a 'hardcore' player, so you're experience is probably atypical.

In addition to that there are an awful lot of alts out there who are owned by people who would love to go after GMLuke, except they simply can't because it requires years+ worth of GET1 to unlock.

Considering how insanely slow gearing is for most people that should likely be the gate for getting a character, not GET 1 which locks a very vast majority of accounts out.
  • Sith Eternal Emperor
    Goal should always be to 7* all characters and ships first.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
    TaTaKaS wrote: »

Did you ever think that maybe you're the exception to the rule? I'm sure plenty of people have all of these things done and have spent GET 1 diligently without ever wavering, but for the rest of us out there who buy gear with it from time to time because the gear grind is insanely slow or need to fill in other farms or perhaps they missed the time when everyone ran Hoth for 12k GET per event because the Geo TBs didn't exist.

The point is just because you did it doesn't mean everyone else, ever has been able to do it. You've got over a hundred posts on the forums so I'm going to guess that you're a 'hardcore' player, so you're experience is probably atypical.

In addition to that there are an awful lot of alts out there who are owned by people who would love to go after GMLuke, except they simply can't because it requires years+ worth of GET1 to unlock.

Considering how insanely slow gearing is for most people that should likely be the gate for getting a character, not GET 1 which locks a very vast majority of accounts out.

If that's the case and this is due to him being a hardcore player, why does non-hardcore players need to unlock this specific gl when there are 3 other options? Having a single gl is a minority thing. There are 33.5k of them in existence currently (where some people own 2, so less accounts than this number).

Since malak was revealed it became obvious get 1 is becoming this important currency that has to be saved for specific occasions. If you've still been spending it on gear afterwards, you should acknowledge this is the expected outcome. It's ok, but what do you expect, for cg to drop everyone 100k get1 or lift the requirements?

He's definitely not the "exception", and the rule "buy unique things from the store first, then use it for non-unique things" is pretty obvious decision. I'm not "hardcore" player, and my entire guild are casuals. Yet most of older players have 7* Wampa/Hoda before even beginning to spend GET1 for gear.
  • TaTaKaS wrote: »

Early unlocks of new meta characters are reserved for those who are an exception from the vast majority.
    So much truth.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Waiting for Kit Reveal
    TaTaKaS wrote: »

I don't know what makes a player "hardcore" but I certainly try to make the most out of every resource in the game. I came to the realization that a good guild is key for my growth and moved to a strong guild early. That is just one of my good decisions in game.

Also, I strongly believe locking some new meta characters behind an "unbuyable" currency is good for some of us who are smart. I loved it when krakens were crying like babies when Skywalker and Malak required get1.

Last note here, I am free to play having spent exactly 0 euros (or dollars or whatever) in 4 years.
    Hey I change my answer. I’m getting old Palestine cuz there’s no way I could conceivably get mini-galactic legend Luke all the way to relic 7 alongside the characters required to unlock him IN ADDITION to the characters required to unlock old Luke. Old Palpatine’ll be spanking easy compared to old like