How are new players ever going to catch-up? (a parody)

Prev134
Calo_Nord
224 posts Member
edited September 2020
Long-time passive forum observer here (observer since long before I ever had reason to create a forum account). I have noticed that new forum players simply can't catch up with people who've accumulated likes over years and years of playing the forums. CG hasn't done anything to rectify this imbalance. They could, but they don't. CG remains completely dormant on the matter. But why? Maybe they don't care about retaining new forum players or they're afraid of upsetting "kraken" posters with 10k+ points. Whatever the reason, it's demoralizing to new posters, who are still figuring out the right place to post stuff and where best to focus their energy each day to maximize likes; knowing full well they're unlikely to ever overtake the old-time posters.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I'm coming for you @CG_SBCrumb
  • The comment grind is real. Just ask @Ultra and @TVF.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I suffer in service of my art.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    I suffer in service of my art.

The mod upgrade kit you bought had a bad like ratio. Could have farmed out 9k likes for the same price.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Guar wrote: »
    The comment grind is real. Just ask @Ultra and @TVF.

the trick is to horde posts until the next meta kit reveal thread is around the corner
  • Don't maximise likes!
    You should post what you find fun,
    Then say it's unfair.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    CG DO YOU EVEN PLAY YOUR OWN GAME
    gotta bash CG so that the haters will give you likes
  • Meeting first thing Monday morning to decide on pricing for the Galactic Forum Post Pack and the LikeSpeed Bundle.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Forum mafias that bury new poster discussions need to be broken up too.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    long time forumers have so many inside jokes, how does CG expect newer players to catch up?

It'll be August of next chalendar year by the time they are caught up to current jokes!
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    We need new topics to ease the farm. And kit reveals don't count as new topics. It's just for krakens, most of us won't be able to comment the kits before months.

And where is the sandbox section to test our comments ?

Listen to the players instead of only caring about traffic.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    CG DO YOU EVEN PLAY YOUR OWN GAME
    gotta bash CG so that the haters will give you likes

CG doesn’t communicate so that’s a hard no. Yet crumb has somehow amassed an unusually high number of likes. I’m not certain of anything mind you but just saying that seems a little fishy.
  • This thread is too good.

How do I report the OP for cheating? No way he can make a forum post this good with his post history.

What’s the point, though? The devs negotiate with forum cheaters.
  • We really need a new posting mode - and no, Reddit doesn't count. See you on the forums.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • This thread is too good.

How do I report the OP for cheating? No way he can make a forum post this good with his post history.

You’ve got over 3000 more posts than me. How is that a fair matchup? Gotta level the playing field somehow. But are forum exploits really the same as cheating anyway?
  • Post search matchmaking is broken. It keeps returning threads that already have 50+ likes in them. How am I even supposed to compete with that? I just try to derail them so nobody else can get any likes. CG fix your broken forum.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    This forum is perfect and I apologize for it.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    This thread is too good.

Have you seen @CG_SBCrumb 's post count? There is no way he can get the legendary 10k likes with that post per like ratio

I think he cheated
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Calo_Nord wrote: »
    Forum mafias that bury new poster discussions need to be broken up too.

I made a solid 10+ likes post the other day and the forum mods sniped my post out of existence before the post could stay up for its payoff during peak forum times
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    This thread is too good.

Have you seen @CG_SBCrumb 's post count? There is no way he can get the legendary 10k likes with that post per like ratio

I think he cheated

Message @Kyno' sDaddy
  • The forums get stale when all you see are the same rehashed comments in the top 50 over and over again. We need some news from CG to change up the meta-comments.
  • Pure platinum! (fluffing my post count)
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Calo_Nord wrote: »
    Forum mafias that bury new poster discussions need to be broken up too.

I made a solid 10+ likes post the other day and the forum mods sniped my post out of existence before the post could stay up for its payoff during peak forum times

There’s a peak time to post? I knew I was doing something wrong. I just post whenever with no regard to whose toes I might be stepping on.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Anyone else have any issues with the forums being down all the time?

I have the iPhone and the forums crash on me all the time when trying to make posts

Fix the missing webpage issue!
  • Pure platinum! (fluffing my post count)

Forum account bloat is real. Competitive forumers carefully craft their persona to optimize their post-like ratio.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

I do. They haven't worked once for me in two weeks.
  • TVF wrote: »

I do. They haven't worked once for me in two weeks.

Have you tried closing and reopening your browser? If that doesn’t work, I’m sure CG will fix it soon (tm). They might even give everyone 3 likes once it’s working again.
  • this post is funny but also the dumbest thing i've ever read
    no longer a f2p since i bought the hyperdrive bundle