GLs have ruined TW and GAC.

Prev1
Buffems
178 posts Member
edited September 2020
GLs have ruined TW and GAC. At least for those of us that don't have one.
Before GLs everyone one had a far and equal change of winning ( for the most part).
Now if my opponent has a GL I might as well not even bother trying. It'll take at minimum 2 squads to beat lowering my banner count.
I'm well aware there are counters out there, but these counters break up others squads potentially causing me to lose another battle. In TW (especially recently) we have come up against guilds with twice the number of GLs that my guild has. How is this fair?
I believe GLs should not be allowed in TW and GAC to keep things fair and balanced. It'll also make TW and GAC fun again.
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Buffems wrote: »
    Before GLs everyone one had a far and equal change of winning ( for the most part).
    Now if my opponent has a GL I might as well not even bother trying. It'll take at minimum 2 squads to beat lowering my banner count.
    I'm well aware there are counters out there, but these counters break up others squads potentially cause me to lose another battle. In TW (especially recently) we have come up against guilds with twice the number of GLs that my guild has. How is this fair?
    I believe GLs should not be allowed in TW and GAC to keep things fair and balanced. It'll also make TW and GAC fun again.
    Same thing was said about almost every other meta the game has had so far

The GLs were very tough grind (evident as you don't have one) so its only fair that if there are any counter to them, they require great investment and break teams up if you don't mirror them

Its fair because these players worked hard to unlock and gear those Galactic Legends, while you didn't

Its unfair to them to work towards something only to be banned because you don't like countering them or getting one yourself. GACs are fair and balanced even with them present. Players with two GLs can lose to players with no Galactic Legends
  • It's not fair to be matched up against an opponent that as a GL when I don't.
    I'm well aware it's a grind to get them, but why should players without a GL be put up against players that do. That's the unfair part.
    They can rule the arena, I don't care about that.
    But the other aspects of the game should be fair for everyone.
    And come on. GLs are beyond OP and completely unbalanced. Everyone knows that.
  • All I'm really saying is if my opponent has a GL I should have one too.
    Same for TW. If my guild has 12 then the opposing guild should have 12 not 24.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    They have multiple counters, so they are not beyond OP or completely unbalanced

You have sizeable amount of investment in your top 80 to make up for the difference of not having a GL

If you want to be competitive in competitive game modes, then you need to work on your counters. What CG is doing is not unfair
  • Buffems wrote: »
    All I'm really saying is if my opponent has a GL I should have one too.
    You have a comparable top {x} character GP. Your opponent allocated a big chunk of theirs to a GL and the associated prerequisite bloat. How you allocated yours is on you.
    Same for TW. If my guild has 12 then the opposing guild should have 12 not 24.
    Again, you have comparable GP. How you allocated it is on you.

None of this is new.
  • Easy for you to say when you have a GL.
  • BengelEngel
    26 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    I agree, it isnt fair. The one with GL entered a level other arnt in it. I dont want to talk about why or what they deserve, lets ask why did someone without GL deserve the ICU? (dont mean it as a good thing, meaning is "something went terrible wrong", like how you entered a highschool fight and ur opponent is Mike Tyson or Holyfield ... u choose)
  • I agree, it isnt fair. The one with GL entered a level other arnt in it. I dont want to talk about why or what they deserve, lets ask why did someone without GL deserve the ICU? (dont mean it as a good thing, meaning is "something went terrible wrong", like how you entered a highschool fight and ur opponent is Mike Tyson or Holyfield ... u choose)

Thank you
  • Another one of these threads? I have a GL sure, but til I did I accepted that I hadn't spent/grinded as much as those that did.

You have made a choice to either farm them slower, not spend money, or not get them period. Those were your choices. I chose to put time and money into different things, why is that worthy of punishment?

I likely won't get the next set of GLs soon, but im not gonna whine about it.
  • I think you're missing the point.
    I don't a GL. I'm working on it.
    Other do have a GL. That's great good for them.
    Why am I matched up against those with GLs.
    Go fight someone with a GL. Leave me be.
    That's the unfair part. The match making system.
  • If thats the point you should probably remove the part in your post about banning them from TW/GAC, since that leads to people "missing the point".

That or we ban your JKL and GAS since not everyone has them yet either, that would be fair yes?

You're working on them. Awesome. What have you been working on til now? If it was anything else when it was obvious how strong they were, thats a choice you made, fully knowing that individual characters don't factor into matchmaking the way it currently works. Im not saying matchups like that are fair per se, just that your choices led you to where you are.

I have one GL. If I get an opponent with two, I ain't winning. But I chose to only get one rather than work both, so I accept my choice.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I think you're missing the point.
    People with no GLs are able to beat 2 GLs

tell me how players are winning if its unfair

We've told you why you are being matched

You are working on them too slow, the requirements have been slowly released since January of this year
    Easy for you to say when you have a GL.

You think I didn't struggle when I was chasing a GL with an inflated roster? They did a slow crawl reveal of requirements since early January that gave me a couple of seasons where opponents with a leaner roster that were ignoring GLs had an upper hand, but I didn't cry over it
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I'm well aware there are counters out there, but these counters break up others squads potentially cause me to lose another battle. In TW (especially recently) we have come up against guilds with twice the number of GLs that my guild has. How is this fair?

So the game wasn't ruined every new meta?
  • Ultra wrote: »

So the game wasn't ruined every new meta?

Nop, every new meta IS the game. They are the dynamo pulling the cart since the game began.
  • I don't have a Darth Revan and cant beat him. Its unfair that I have to be matched against him.
    Disagree.
  • This argument is posted regularly, and has been posted ever since Traya was released.

@Buffems why on earth would the devs adjust matchmaking so that non-GL owners only ever faced other non-GL owners? It’s a collection game, where developing and unlocking characters should be incentivised. If I know for certain that not pursuing either of the new GLs means I’ll never face an individual or a guild that has them, what reason would I have for unlocking them?

This is the way the game works and it has worked this way for some time now. You can either suck it up or whine. I advise you choose the first option, as people have been choosing the second for 2 years and nothing has changed.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    It's not fair to be matched up against an opponent that as a GL when I don't.

If you have matching top-X GP, division and league it's perfectly fair. Even and fair are (still) two different things.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I think you're missing the point.

I think you're missing the point. Building a strong roster (strong for GAC) is part of GAC. If your roster is weak go build it stronger.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Waqui wrote: »

If you have matching top-X GP, division and league it's perfectly fair. Even and fair are (still) two different things.

Seconded.

It's a strategy game. As long as you have access to the same resources (here top x gp), it's fair game imo.

The goal of strategy is to start the battle flanking 10 to 1 and by suprise. You want to battle unfair. Against an equally good strategist, you don't have those advantages at the beginning of battle. That's where tactics come into play Big time ;)

And a great tactician could beat a better strategist. 'happened to me more than once, 'had the better roster but lost anyway.

Post edited by Starslayer on
    I'm well aware there are counters out there, but these counters break up others squads potentially causing me to lose another battle.

It depends on how you look at it. Sometimes having a GL can be a disadvantage. Getting a GL requires 12 other high relic characters, some of which aren’t all that great. What 13 characters do you have that they don’t, since you must have a similar top 80 GP? If you can beat their GL, even if it breaks up 2 squads, you can still have an advantage in those 8 other characters or however it’s spread out throughout the roster.
    I'm well aware there are counters out there, but these counters break up others squads potentially causing me to lose another battle.

It depends on how you look at it. Sometimes having a GL can be a disadvantage. Getting a GL requires 12 other high relic characters, some of which aren’t all that great. What 13 characters do you have that they don’t, since you must have a similar top 80 GP? If you can beat their GL, even if it breaks up 2 squads, you can still have an advantage in those 8 other characters or however it’s spread out throughout the roster.

Yup, in the current round I'm going against 2 gls to my 1 (rey on defense). I still consider myself the favorable in the match. My opponent has always put both gls on defense and his roster lacks depth beyond it. Ready to counter both.
    If that was to me, I don't have a GL and I am managing my roster buildup such that I am unlikely to encounter one until I am ready to do so.

You control your roster choices.
  • Nerfherder7563
    53 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Can we stop with the “fair/unfair” comments? It’s usually attached to “deserving”. We don’t deserve anything; we earn it.

I don’t have any GL and it is frustrating, but you know what? I haven’t earned the chance to counter those teams because i’ve decided to not spend that much money on quicker route to get myself a GL. A lot of people have earned that strong team by choosing to use those resources. Or grind more.

These comments just get tiring.

Aren't the 2 relic resistance teams you can make pretty good? Yes, Rose is not a wonderful relic but GL Rey gives 2 solid resistance teams (I think). Holdo and the vets are far less trash than 50 other classic toons. Or am I mistaken?
    I'm well aware it's a grind to get them, but why should players without a GL be put up against players that do. That's the unfair part.
    They can rule the arena, I don't care about that.
    But the other aspects of the game should be fair for everyone.

It's not fair you can get better rewards for not having a gl and thus getting an easier matchup? So if you want to not face gl, then the non GL bracket would need lower rewards

I don't have either GL and I have been matched against both a SLKR (ultimate) and Rey (no ultimate) this GAC season and I just moved up to Div 3 for this season. I have no interest in either Kylo or Rey so I worked on counters and regularly spend crystals in arena to practice against the GL's that are in my arena shard.

I beat them both and full cleared and they were unable to get a clear as the rest of their roster at that GP level is pretty crap if they have focused solely on a GL. Not saying they shouldn't have done that as I'm sure arena is much easier for them and the crystal income from arena is way more important than the rewards from GAC imo.

But, if you are not willing or able to get a GL, work on counters and life gets a whole lot easier.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • ImaSmakya wrote: »

I don't have either GL and I have been matched against both a SLKR (ultimate) and Rey (no ultimate) this GAC season and I just moved up to Div 3 for this season. I have no interest in either Kylo or Rey so I worked on counters and regularly spend crystals in arena to practice against the GL's that are in my arena shard.

I beat them both and full cleared and they were unable to get a clear as the rest of their roster at that GP level is pretty crap if they have focused solely on a GL. Not saying they shouldn't have done that as I'm sure arena is much easier for them and the crystal income from arena is way more important than the rewards from GAC imo.

But, if you are not willing or able to get a GL, work on counters and life gets a whole lot easier.

Yeah, nice tale! If anyone has 2 GLs that person have at least 5 more full relic teams, which can defeat any team the player with no GL can place to defense while using his top tier teams to defend GLs...
    Even if someone has 1 GL he or she has at least 1 meta team in advantage.
  • Vinniarth wrote: »
    ImaSmakya wrote: »

Yeah, nice tale! If anyone has 2 GLs that person have at least 5 more full relic teams, which can defeat any team the player with no GL can place to defense while using his top tier teams to defend GLs...

That's not even true at all honestly.
  • Vinniarth wrote: »
    ImaSmakya wrote: »

That's not even true at all honestly.

Is it? Kicking kids is not very heroic. I have GL Rey and if my opponent has no GL, I am 99,99% win.