Mk 8 Biotech Implant Salvage needs to be added back to HAAT rewards

Prev1
vh2ftwboo2qj.jpg

Title says all. Please CG, consider to add this gear back to the Haat rewards box. At this very moment I need 5400 pieces of this salvage...

Replies

• Why? I always have plenty of those. The prototype needed to complete the piece, not so much.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Snowbird13 wrote: »
    Why? I always have plenty of those. The prototype needed to complete the piece, not so much.

Do you have all the legendary, journey toons? One or more GL?
  • Nope, but don't we get 50-60 of those a week from challenges? Didn't they remove it from HAAT and put it in the challenges? Unless you're lucky, 50 a week from challenges is more than you would get from HAAT.
  • CG response: Deal with it or get out the credit card.
  • Snowbird13 wrote: »
    Nope, but don't we get 50-60 of those a week from challenges? Didn't they remove it from HAAT and put it in the challenges? Unless you're lucky, 50 a week from challenges is more than you would get from HAAT.

50-60 per week is pretty small amount. Only JKL needs 300 pieces. Yes, CG removed it from the haat reward box 2 years ago. I have had 3-4000 at that time. Now I have zero!

I don't know where are you in the game at this moment but if you don't feel the lack of this salvage yet, I assume you're not an end game player (or veteran).

My GP is 6.5m and just hit this gear wall recently. Every toon needs some golden eye balls and it's really hard to get them without spending.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Snowbird13 wrote: »
    Nope, but don't we get 50-60 of those a week from challenges? Didn't they remove it from HAAT and put it in the challenges? Unless you're lucky, 50 a week from challenges is more than you would get from HAAT.
    That’s why you have a lot - you aren’t even keeping up with the game

You get about enough to craft one gold ball every 2 weeks

Try going after a GL and you’ll easily lose about 2k of your horde — how much do you have right now?
  • There are 3 types of people...

1) those experiencing the mk8 implant salvage crunch
    2) those not yet experiencing the mk8 implant salvage crunch
    3) same as 2), but for some reason think it won’t happen to them.

• I was militantly against and vocal when they were being taken out. These days I scrape by. I need 71 full balls total and have enough for 8 balls. As long as I don't gear stuff too fast, I can manage. There was an intermediary period about a year ago I farmed/bought some.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    I was militantly against and vocal when they were being taken out. These days I scrape by. I need 71 full balls total and have enough for 8 balls. As long as I don't gear stuff too fast, I can manage. There was an intermediary period about a year ago I farmed/bought some.
    The JKL g11-g12 jump removed all of my store chest
    I was militantly against and vocal when they were being taken out. These days I scrape by. I need 71 full balls total and have enough for 8 balls. As long as I don't gear stuff too fast, I can manage. There was an intermediary period about a year ago I farmed/bought some.
    The JKL g11-g12 jump removed all of my store chest

I did that too. Stock of 8 is like nothing, I may fall to 0 on any upcoming chase. I need 3780 more xD.
  • I bought the hyperdrive bundle when it's been released and those 500 extra kept me on the surface for a while but the GL farm was the last nail in the coffin lol.
  • I remember learning of this mythical gear wall a year or so ago, I think it was either @Ultra ot @TVF who pointed out the error of my ways, I had 4/5k of them at the time.. I now have 628.

Currently doing the gear list for necropalpatine and I’m rapidly running out of them..all sith need loads of them.

I’m happy for them to be anywhere in the game as a reward.

Revert the haat prize boxes, redo the sith prize boxes, redo the daily prize box, redo the gw prize boxes. I don’t really care, just give us more gear to be able to use!!!
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Yeah I’ve been asking for CG to put those STR challenge gear back when they removed it and still have the same stance as I did back then

The other two challenge gear can stay removed
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    There are 3 types of people...

1) those experiencing the mk8 implant salvage crunch
    2) those not yet experiencing the mk8 implant salvage crunch
    3) same as 2), but for some reason think it won’t happen to them.
    in my experience those not experiencing the crunch don’t have all legendaries / journey toons yet and/or horded the gear for next GL but haven’t applied yet or have a GL yet

JKL and his prereqs eat a lot of gold balls for example
  • Good luck with this. People begged for this crunch. Remember all those "remove challenge gear from raids" threads?
  • Good luck with this. People begged for this crunch. Remember all those "remove challenge gear from raids" threads?

I'm genuinely curious...why would anyone ever ask CG you remove gear? Aren't we always begging for more of the important stuff (stun guns, carbs, eyeballs)?

Also, Ultra, what other two pieces are you talking about that can "stay removed"?

I've been playing less than a year, so I'm not familiar with the history.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    el_mago wrote: »
    Good luck with this. People begged for this crunch. Remember all those "remove challenge gear from raids" threads?

I'm genuinely curious...why would anyone ever ask CG you remove gear? Aren't we always begging for more of the important stuff (stun guns, carbs, eyeballs)?

Also, Ultra, what other two pieces are you talking about that can "stay removed"?

I've been playing less than a year, so I'm not familiar with the history.

There are three gold challenge gears in the game (STR, TAC, AGI)

xn7n0d6qkhia.pngtxgousebp0dr.pngquu0c4r80tte.png

Previously, the tank raid would drop all three of these gear pieces

The issue with the tank raid was that you would almost always get those three for tank rewards, which players had plenty of because they were also available through weekly challenges, so they were considered as bad drops because two of those challenge gear would barely drop

People were very shortsighted at the time when they requested to get these gear removed thinking they will never run out or be bottlenecked by them. They see they have a salvage of 1000 gear and they ask to get it removed to increase the RNG of getting the other gear they are running low on

They didn't realize that gold balls was already a bottleneck gear at the same level as Stun Guns, Carbantis, and a lot of players assumed that its only a whale / kraken problem until it happened to them

Back then g12 was the the upper limit so you could get away with toons at g11 or g10 and compete with maxed out gear toons so you didn't need to apply as many gold balls as you have to today which is a common gear piece on toons at g10 or g11

There was less emphasis of needing toons at 7 stars, the only incentive was to use a character in a raid, or for legendary events, which was passable at g11 at that time of the game

These players against the challenge gear would also have a bunch of toons at g8/g9 before you are hit with the gold ball wall

Again, People wanted those gears removed so that they could have better RNG of getting the opposing component of the recipe (the ones you need 50 of each) or full crafted version

The problem back then, and something CG made worse, was the amplified need of the gold balls on every toon that was being released. The demand of gold balls kept increasing with every new toon and people still didn't realize it, for example,

JKL needs 300 challenge gold ball and 0 of other two
    Threepio & Chewie needs 180 challenge gold ball and 0 of other two
    Mon Mothma needs 120 challenge gold ball and 180 medpac
    Piett needs 180 challenge gold ball and 0 of other two

So 780 of gold balls in the last 4 toons released by CG. You only get ~53 challenge gear each week. So JKL alone would require 6 weeks of weekly challenges to complete him

The other two challenge gear are barely used so you accumulate so much of them over the course of the game, but gold ball challenge gear is in larger demand than the supply. Most veteran players have the other challenge gear in the thousands with hardly any use for them since not many characters use the other gear

TL;DR people didn't realize eyeballs were important gear because they weren't gearing up their characters and thought it was useless gear so they needed it gone so they could have better RNG at getting the gear they wanted

and now most veteran players (F2P and spenders) are running into lack of gold balls because CG keeps pumping out toons that would need weeks worth of weekly challenges to push one toon to relics
  • Very interesting history there. Probably a lesson to be learned as well. Thanks @Ultra 👍
  • A lesson learned from my Ex-Wife. When they're quick to agree to something, be suspicious. You've probably been had.
  • I don’t understand? CG helped us remove gear crunch with the introduction of Kyros and then further alleviating our gear pain with the relics. They are the masters of balancing the economy in this game to keep everyone happy. So it was said and thus shall it be.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    This is what you get when you go for the Light Side, it's your own fault! Going Dark is so much easier! I don't have any of these Clones, Skyguy, GLRey or JKL and i don't need it, my SLKR, Sith and the almighty Empire will overcome the galaxy!
    drfq884nh1bd.png
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Kisakee wrote: »
    This is what you get when you go for the Light Side, it's your own fault! Going Dark is so much easier! I don't have any of these Clones, Skyguy, GLRey or JKL and i don't need it, my SLKR, Sith and the almighty Empire will overcome the galaxy!
    drfq884nh1bd.png

Or you just don't have enough things geared. You may never have and that's fine. But calling yourself a ds player with lowbie seps... xD
    Or you just don't have enough things geared. You may never have and that's fine. But calling yourself a ds player with lowbie seps... xD

A picture paints a thousand words, take a look by yourself. I feel okay for being a guppy. https://swgoh.gg/p/446456377/characters/
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    The issue with the challenge gear portion of the eyeballs is two-fold: One, you need 60 of them for every 50 of the non-challenge half, two, they are relatively cheap in shipments so what happens is people buy those whenever they see them and then are short on the challenge gear portion.

I think having been used to getting them from tank, people are used to farming the clear kind but not the solid kind. So to need to buy the solid ones from shard shop or wherever feels like a punch in the gut given it's challenge gear that used to drop frequently in tank. Carbs are also challenge gear, but I think we'd all like to see more of those in raid drops.

Tank rewards are still mostly useless now though.
  • Snowbird13 wrote: »
    Why? I always have plenty of those. The prototype needed to complete the piece, not so much.

That's what everyone says until they inevitably run out.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Kisakee wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »

A picture paints a thousand words, take a look by yourself. I feel okay for being a guppy. https://swgoh.gg/p/446456377/characters/

To the detriment of your guild in LSTB, from the looks of it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    To the detriment of your guild in LSTB, from the looks of it.

We focus on DSTB anyway and nobody is forced to gear or level toons they don't want. So we may not be top notch but that's fine.
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • Kisakee wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »

That's a good roster. That said yeah, you are not the point where this bottleneck will hit you hard, you are getting close to it. Here's how many you need in total vs. I need in total and what I have. You'll also hit this point ds player or not. Or you'll just restrict your roster growth speed merely to not hit the bottleneck. I'm f2p.

icl7wgzis98l.png
    hx1nh9xxlxvt.png
    pa0cclpc7o6y.png
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Kisakee wrote: »
    I don't go for any alignment at all

so there is no such thing as a stun gun, carbanti, gold balls, and kyrotech crunch at all! If anyone is lacking any gear its their own fault
  • I only gear neutrals.