Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    ImaSmakya wrote: »
    Buffems wrote: »
    Easy for you to say when you have a GL.

I don't have either GL and I have been matched against both a SLKR (ultimate) and Rey (no ultimate) this GAC season and I just moved up to Div 3 for this season. I have no interest in either Kylo or Rey so I worked on counters and regularly spend crystals in arena to practice against the GL's that are in my arena shard.

I beat them both and full cleared and they were unable to get a clear as the rest of their roster at that GP level is pretty crap if they have focused solely on a GL. Not saying they shouldn't have done that as I'm sure arena is much easier for them and the crystal income from arena is way more important than the rewards from GAC imo.

But, if you are not willing or able to get a GL, work on counters and life gets a whole lot easier.

Yeah, nice tale! If anyone has 2 GLs that person have at least 5 more full relic teams, which can defeat any team the player with no GL can place to defense while using his top tier teams to defend GLs...
    Even if someone has 1 GL he or she has at least 1 meta team in advantage.

That's not even true at all honestly.

Is it? Kicking kids is not very heroic. I have GL Rey and if my opponent has no GL, I am 99,99% win.

Yet, you were still so very wrong in your previous post.
  • Waqui wrote: »

I don't have either GL and I have been matched against both a SLKR (ultimate) and Rey (no ultimate) this GAC season and I just moved up to Div 3 for this season. I have no interest in either Kylo or Rey so I worked on counters and regularly spend crystals in arena to practice against the GL's that are in my arena shard.

I beat them both and full cleared and they were unable to get a clear as the rest of their roster at that GP level is pretty crap if they have focused solely on a GL. Not saying they shouldn't have done that as I'm sure arena is much easier for them and the crystal income from arena is way more important than the rewards from GAC imo.

But, if you are not willing or able to get a GL, work on counters and life gets a whole lot easier.

Yeah, nice tale! If anyone has 2 GLs that person have at least 5 more full relic teams, which can defeat any team the player with no GL can place to defense while using his top tier teams to defend GLs...

Is it? Kicking kids is not very heroic. I have GL Rey and if my opponent has no GL, I am 99,99% win.

Nope. Unless you give me more arguments were I was wrong without just blatantly saying I was.
  • Vinniarth wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »

Nope. Unless you give me more arguments were I was wrong without just blatantly saying I was.
    It’s easy. You claim anyone who owns 2 GLs has

- 5 more full relic teams than a no GL player
    this is not likely. People are matched on their top X GP. If someone who owns neither GL is matched with someone who owns both, there is no way that there is a difference of 25 relic toons between them.

- that those relic teams can defeat any team the no GL player places on defence
    this is just plain rubbish. Suggesting, even for one second, that the also ran resistance toons required for Rey or the also ran FO toons required for SLKR can beat teams like GG, JKR, GAS, DR, Padmé etc is nonsense.

Does that help?
  • What's actually broken about gac, and maybe even tw... Is how they do successive matches. After the first round, they should match based on record. Such that by the time you get to the last round of gac, all the losers are together, and all the winners are together. Then on the next gac, again seed all the winners together, etc. Eventually you can have a true championship. Once you reach that, start over. You'd have to work out what to do about roster locks, league changes, etc, but all of these cases could be worked out.

Same way with tw. There shouldn't be very many guilds with 80 wins in a row.. since it should match those guilds only with other guilds of similarly good records. Individual rosters should make no difference outside of general leagues, grouping, which they are already do. There are almost there to a good system, they just need to finish it.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Aandien wrote: »
    What's actually broken about gac, and maybe even tw... Is how they do successive matches. After the first round, they should match based on record. Such that by the time you get to the last round of gac, all the losers are together, and all the winners are together. Then on the next gac, again seed all the winners together, etc. Eventually you can have a true championship. Once you reach that, start over. You'd have to work out what to do about roster locks, league changes, etc, but all of these cases could be worked out.

Same way with tw. There shouldn't be very many guilds with 80 wins in a row.. since it should match those guilds only with other guilds of similarly good records. Individual rosters should make no difference outside of general leagues, grouping, which they are already do. There are almost there to a good system, they just need to finish it.

While this is not a bad suggestion, it leads to a bigger divide between the haves and have nots if they do this.

There is no real reason to assume that the "winners" (top 4) in one set of 8 will beat a "losers" (bottom 4) in a different set of 8.

Also, there is no true championship in a the current tournament style, it would need to be completely different with eliminations and a much longer process to allow all players to play each other.

TW, are there guilds with winning streaks like you are describing? Also there are many questions/issues with a system like that as players will move around and guilds can reform and change and that record could be an issue if a guild moves too many players or things like that.

• Vinniarth wrote: »

I didn't realize I was telling a tale but, yes, it was nice.

I have no experience facing 2 GL's as it seems unlikely in Div 3 but I guess it could happen.

As for 1 GL

In one instance they simply put down GL Kylo on D and some crap other teams around it assuming I would not be able to beat it. With all the relic characters they had to get Kylo plus other assorted JKR/DR teams for offence they could not even beat a single decent Padme team.

https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/gac-history/?gac=33&r=3

In the second instance, they put down Rey as well as 2 fully relic'd resistance teams and again they had nothing to deal with a strong Padme team but they did manage to clear my 2 top territories.

https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/gac-history/?gac=32&r=2&a=a

So while it may suck, it is by no means impossible and it most definitely does not ruin GAC.

As for this, I say it depends more on your opponent than the fact that you have a GL. A GL in no way gives you a 99.99% chance to win if your opponent has a decent roster and knows what they are doing.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • I believe I saw this kind of murmur when revan just released...