Need advice on team building/characters to farm

Below is my SWGOH.GG account

https://swgoh.gg/p/186672795/

I need advice on team building/characters to farm. Just started playing today.

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Somewhat outdated guides, but the advice to start out with 5 Phoenix (slow farm Sabine) which will help you unlock Palpatine and Thrawn, then moving to 3 more Empire (to unlock R2D2) and then farm Old Ben, Farmboy Luke, Leia and ST Han to unlock CLS is still common. Also farm a few pilots to be ready for when you unlock fleet arena at elvel 60.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/154847/new-player-farming-guide-2018
  • There is also the other option of farming separatists for Padme then going to Phoenix for Thrawn and Palpatine.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Somewhat outdated guides, but the advice to start out with 5 Phoenix (slow farm Sabine) which will help you unlock Palpatine and Thrawn, then moving to 3 more Empire (to unlock R2D2) and then farm Old Ben, Farmboy Luke, Leia and ST Han to unlock CLS is still common. Also farm a few pilots to be ready for when you unlock fleet arena at elvel 60.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/154847/new-player-farming-guide-2018

2018 guide still viable ?
  • Swordsman wrote: »
    Waqui wrote: »

There are probably some newer ones available on youtube. But yes, the most common advice is still to start out with the Phoenix-to-CLS route. Alternatively the separatist-to-Padme route.
  • Swordsman wrote: »

For the most part, yes. The Phoenix route is still a solid and viable route to take, and sets you up to get Thrawn, Palpatine, R2D2, CLS, GMY ... All of which are used in late game. It's best to get them now while still leveling to 85. The Separatists route is really good, but you have to wait until 85 to get Padme due to her prerequisites. Also, you need a team of g11/12 toons to get her without too much of a headache. That takes time to farm also. These other legendaries can be gotten quickly and easily with g7-9 teams with little effort. You can still farm the separatists on the side while phoenix has your primary attention.
  • Another thing you should think about is the galactic war and fleet arena.
    If you decide to go for the Phoenix you will complete almost every day the galactic war, that's a great advantage because you can get 15 shards a day on its store.
    On the other hand, the three Geos ships are really amazing and you will probably hit top 20 on fleet arena "easily".
  • thanks all what's CLS btw ?
  • chpMINIsolo_77
    3103 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Commander Luke Skywalker

EDIT: Autocorrect
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Swordsman wrote: »

There are probably some newer ones available on youtube. But yes, the most common advice is still to start out with the Phoenix-to-CLS route. Alternatively the separatist-to-Padme route.

I like the Phoenix to CLS route more because Phoenix is viable in arena as a beginner longer than any other squad. They're an annoying squad to face for anyone else at the same level in your shard. This is on top of the other obvious benefits (PS kills two birds with one stone by unlocking EP and Thrawn). They're also a very reliable team for GW.

Question to the OP: do you have money to spend? Asking because - and I know this is a slightly unpopular opinion among the SWGOH community; people don't like whalers - I know from recent experience the Hyperdrive Bundle helps immensely! At first glance it looks like a horrendous amount of money to spend on a mobile game - and it is! - but trust me when I say, as someone who has played this game for a little while now, it's a steal. You can only really appreciate the fact after trying to go at it mostly F2P while still throwing money at crystals and what not like I did.

A personal anecdote for anyone interested: My girlfriend recently started the game and her favourite SW character is Padme so naturally she wants to go that route (she's not as concerned about efficiency in obtaining all the legendary chacters, she just wants to get the characters she likes) and her end-game is to get General Skywalker. So, I helped her start it and went the Separatist route. It's kind of fun, but I soon realized without the Phoneix-CLS pillar system it was going to be tough to be difficult to progress in the game. So long story short, we went halfers on the HD bundle and oh my, what a boon! I'm continuing to farm Separatist characters and the droids but now she has the benefit of beefed up characters in other areas. I immediately went to work building up a squad consisting of JKA, Ahsoka, Rex, Fives and Echo and she has shot up the ranks in squad arena and fleet arena. I did this because eventually she'll get Shaak Ti and Shaak Ti clone squads are viable in the arena meta so it's a worthwhile investment right off the hop. Not to mention, JKA and Ahsoka are key to a Padme team in the future and will also serve to get GMY etc. etc.

I also went right to work on her GR ships and she's going to be top 10 in fleet in no time (which isn't a surprise, fleet arenas in young shards will always be barren wastelands because people just don't focus on ships).

In short, I'm having a ton of fun working on my girlfriend's account. In all honesty, it's mostly MY second account at this point haha! If you have the luxury of the money to spend, which we did, it's worth it. There's just so much to work with compared to going F2P.
  • BB6 wrote: »

I like the Phoenix to CLS route more because Phoenix is viable in arena as a beginner longer than any other squad. They're an annoying squad to face for anyone else at the same level in your shard. This is on top of the other obvious benefits (PS kills two birds with one stone by unlocking EP and Thrawn). They're also a very reliable team for GW.

Question to the OP: do you have money to spend? Asking because - and I know this is a slightly unpopular opinion among the SWGOH community; people don't like whalers - I know from recent experience the Hyperdrive Bundle helps immensely! At first glance it looks like a horrendous amount of money to spend on a mobile game - and it is! - but trust me when I say, as someone who has played this game for a little while now, it's a steal. You can only really appreciate the fact after trying to go at it mostly F2P while still throwing money at crystals and what not like I did.

A personal anecdote for anyone interested: My girlfriend recently started the game and her favourite SW character is Padme so naturally she wants to go that route (she's not as concerned about efficiency in obtaining all the legendary chacters, she just wants to get the characters she likes) and her end-game is to get General Skywalker. So, I helped her start it and went the Separatist route. It's kind of fun, but I soon realized without the Phoneix-CLS pillar system it was going to be tough to be difficult to progress in the game. So long story short, we went halfers on the HD bundle and oh my, what a boon! I'm continuing to farm Separatist characters and the droids but now she has the benefit of beefed up characters in other areas. I immediately went to work building up a squad consisting of JKA, Ahsoka, Rex, Fives and Echo and she has shot up the ranks in squad arena and fleet arena. I did this because eventually she'll get Shaak Ti and Shaak Ti clone squads are viable in the arena meta so it's a worthwhile investment right off the hop. Not to mention, JKA and Ahsoka are key to a Padme team in the future and will also serve to get GMY etc. etc.

I also went right to work on her GR ships and she's going to be top 10 in fleet in no time (which isn't a surprise, fleet arenas in young shards will always be barren wastelands because people just don't focus on ships).

In short, I'm having a ton of fun working on my girlfriend's account. In all honesty, it's mostly MY second account at this point haha! If you have the luxury of the money to spend, which we did, it's worth it. There's just so much to work with compared to going F2P.

Im don't intend to spend money anytime soon as i have spent quite a lot on another gacha game MSF.

btw does placement matters in SWGOH other than the leader.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited September 2020

btw does placement matters in SWGOH other than the leader.

In some cases placement on your team matters, yes, but not yet at your stage in early game. Placement matters when your whole team assists, on teams with auto revives and such since in case of multiple assists or deaths on the same turn the attacks/deaths are resolved in that order.
    However, don't worry about that yet.
    Post edited by Waqui on