So Galactic Challenges are 3 day long but appear every week?

Prev1
I'm super confused about Galactic Challenges at the moment since they have stopped communicating. They said that 1 week period might be too long and they opt into 3 days - it's even worse now because it lasts 3 days but appears every 1 week. While I'm not a huge fan of the mode I was happy that I could test some squad there from time to time.

Replies

• It's a big unknown at this point. Even the nature of what we are seeing; official release or still testing?
  • Q&A 01/10/2020:
    "We're working on new systems which should culminate in multiple new game modes. Key goals of that initiative include giving players something challenging to do every day in Galaxy of Heroes. It's too early to go into any details beyond the goals and that we are approaching this from a foundational level rather than trying to just slap a new UI on something you've already done. Rest assured that we are working on new game modes and as soon as I can share details, I will."
    New game modes (plural) and something to do every day. I don't see either one of these points fulfilled. But hey, it's just a small indie game that made a billion $. We can't expect them to do something else than copy paste some stuff and slap a new UI onto it..oh wait....
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • I hope this is not the normal way they run it. No communication since the end of the "test" launch. We have had 2 additional individual events but no communication. I hope there is update soon with now this will run. If 3 days once a week is the final result, then this is a terrible new game mode compared to what they said they wanted to give us.
  • I hope this is not the normal way they run it. No communication since the end of the "test" launch. We have had 2 additional individual events but no communication. I hope there is update soon with now this will run. If 3 days once a week is the final result, then this is a terrible new game mode compared to what they said they wanted to give us.

They have not announced that the initial launch is complete. In fact, during the first few days they asked for feedback and immediately acted on that feedback. So I would assume they are just doing small iterations here and there before calling it 'done' and pushing out a normal schedule.

Though it is still a terrible game mode compared to how they hyped it up and how long it took them.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    StarSon wrote: »
    I hope this is not the normal way they run it. No communication since the end of the "test" launch. We have had 2 additional individual events but no communication. I hope there is update soon with now this will run. If 3 days once a week is the final result, then this is a terrible new game mode compared to what they said they wanted to give us.

They have not announced that the initial launch is complete. In fact, during the first few days they asked for feedback and immediately acted on that feedback. So I would assume they are just doing small iterations here and there before calling it 'done' and pushing out a normal schedule.

Though it is still a terrible game mode compared to how they hyped it up and how long it took them.

I'm a little confused here, they made no immediate changes in the first few days. There were no changes made during the exhibition period. The only changes we saw was after that point.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    I hope this is not the normal way they run it. No communication since the end of the "test" launch. We have had 2 additional individual events but no communication. I hope there is update soon with now this will run. If 3 days once a week is the final result, then this is a terrible new game mode compared to what they said they wanted to give us.

I'm a little confused here, they made no immediate changes in the first few days. There were no changes made during the exhibition period. The only changes we saw was after that point.

So, are you saying the exhibition period is over? And the changes are finalized?

Honestly, since there has been no communication on GC's, I have no idea what to think. If it's going to only run once a week, then the rewards are somewhat lackluster. If it's going to run twice a week, then it's a fair event.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno wrote: »

We're saying the same thing. They took feedback. They made changes. The update immediately following request for feedback had changes. But unless I missed it somewhere, we are still in the exhibition period.
  • Ultra
    11450 posts Moderator
    They said they won’t update the rewards from the feedback during exhibition period so I assumed we are no longer in exhibition

But there should’ve been a post on GC after the last GC ended during the exhibition period schedule they posted
  • Long story short- We have no idea.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

We're saying the same thing. They took feedback. They made changes. The update immediately following request for feedback had changes. But unless I missed it somewhere, we are still in the exhibition period.

ok got it. sorry.

yeah i got nothing, trying to get some communication about this, but many things are going on and its hard to pin anything down.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    They said they won’t update the rewards from the feedback during exhibition period so I assumed we are no longer in exhibition

But there should’ve been a post on GC after the last GC ended during the exhibition period schedule they posted

tenor.gif
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    many things are going on
    [*desire for information intensifies*]
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Imagine if they communicated some of these "many things". Perhaps the player base would get, dare I say, excited?
  • TVF wrote: »
    many things are going on

Narrator: nothing was going on.
  • Imagine if they communicated some of these "many things". Perhaps the player base would get, dare I say, excited?

Yeah we got excited about the "oceans of new content in 2020" too and what did that get us? Galactic Challenges. pfft.
  • Ultra
    11450 posts Moderator
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    many things are going on

quality joke
  • StarSon wrote: »
    Imagine if they communicated some of these "many things". Perhaps the player base would get, dare I say, excited?

Yeah we got excited about the "oceans of new content in 2020" too and what did that get us? Galactic Challenges. pfft.

seems more like a creek than an ocean.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    many things are going on

quality joke

Thank you.
  • Is this still exhibition? Is there a cadence for events? Do the devs have a plan?

Is there a special podcasts should I subscribe to in order to get dev updates?
  • Is this still exhibition? Is there a cadence for events? Do the devs have a plan?

Is there a special podcasts should I subscribe to in order to get dev updates?

There actually is a special podcast that the devs use for updates but no one knows about it because they keep forgetting to make a post letting us know about it.
  • 3 days is too long for these to run. The assault battles are only 1 day and they have more going on in them than these. Give us 1 a day and keep rotating.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    IronCross wrote: »
    3 days is too long for these to run.

CG: You got it!
    (*CG runs them one day once a week*)

you forgot to add they'll take away some more rewards. bc reasons.
  • Ocean
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

you forgot to add they'll take away some more rewards. bc reasons.

no i didn't

dont you mean once a month? lol
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    flux_rono wrote: »

dont you mean once a month? lol

No I don't
  • Is anyone tracking when these events launch? I am curious when we can expect the next one.