Han shoots first bug

Prev1
Anyone else seen this? Happened to me a few times now but I don't have a screen recorder:
In smugglers run, if Han takes the last turn of phase 1 or 2, veers or krenick goes before Han shoots first in next wave. HSF mechanic then kicks in with Han basic ability only available

Replies

• Yes, I've this happen. It's due to the new TM overflow mechanics.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Yeah it is beyond stupid. Every time krennic goes first it drives me insane. They need to change the wording of Han's ability to be: "Han sometimes goes first".
  • Does anyone actually have trouble beating the last tier because of this or it's just another minor inconvenience blown out of proportion?
  • No trouble at all beating it. It is just really dumb.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    Yeah it is beyond stupid. Every time krennic goes first it drives me insane. They need to change the wording of Han's ability to be: "Han sometimes goes first".

ability titles have nothing to do with the description. which is still accurate.
  • I have a mixed time beating it, but g10 Han, g8 Chewie, g9 nest and g8 vets so not the best squad. Means it takes like 4-5 tries
  • yankeeh8er
    604 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Kyno wrote: »
    Yeah it is beyond stupid. Every time krennic goes first it drives me insane. They need to change the wording of Han's ability to be: "Han sometimes goes first".

ability titles have nothing to do with the description. which is still accurate.

That is all well and true but come on you can admit that it is at least a bit silly to have an ability called "shoots first" that doesn't always shoot first.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator

Tahts is all well and true but come on you can admit that it is at least a bit silly to have an ability called "shoots first" that doesn't always shoot first.

Well, it's just like the movie now...they "fixed" it so he shoots first again, but really just at the same time.
  • crzydroid wrote: »

Tahts is all well and true but come on you can admit that it is at least a bit silly to have an ability called "shoots first" that doesn't always shoot first.

Well, it's just like the movie now...they "fixed" it so he shoots first again, but really just at the same time.

LOL George would be proud.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

That is all well and true but come on you can admit that it is at least a bit silly to have an ability called "shoots first" that doesn't always shoot first.

hero with no fear - can be afflicted with Fear

Undying sacrifice - the entire description is about what happens when they die

Death sentence - doesn't kill the target

There are more. Its not silly at all, since the title has nothing to do with the description.

Its a game. They are aware of this situation, and have said if it looks like it has an actual effect on the situation (I would assume they mean the success rate) they will look into changing it. I think many of us can agree that we would like to see there efforts put into many other places before even saying this is a priority.
  • yankeeh8er
    604 posts Member
    edited September 2020

There are more. Its not silly at all, since the title has nothing to do with the description.

Its a game. They are aware of this situation, and have said if it looks like it has an actual effect on the situation (I would assume they mean the success rate) they will look into changing it. I think many of us can agree that we would like to see there efforts put into many other places before even saying this is a priority.

The hero with no fear one irks me like crazy to.

Edit: I will agree that this is a minor issue though. I would much rather they focus on better communication then stuff like this.
    Post edited by yankeeh8er on
  • Kyno wrote: »

Except that they specifically mentioned this situation in the post releasing the new TM system, and said that Han should always go first. This is a bug, pure and simple. Sure it’s not a huge one in the grand scheme of things, but it is a bug. Otherwise, in the old system, it would have been a 50/50 coin flip and Krennik still would have gone sometimes. But he never did.
  • yankeeh8er wrote: »

Edit: I will agree that this is a minor issue though. I would much rather they focus on better communication then stuff like this.

The people in charge of working on game mechanics and the people drafting forum posts don't need to (and probably shouldn't) be the same people.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Even Luke can't bring himself to care about this one.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ltswb1 wrote: »

Except that they specifically mentioned this situation in the post releasing the new TM system, and said that Han should always go first. This is a bug, pure and simple. Sure it’s not a huge one in the grand scheme of things, but it is a bug. Otherwise, in the old system, it would have been a 50/50 coin flip and Krennik still would have gone sometimes. But he never did.

If you feel this is a bug than you should be reporting it as such on <<Answers HQ>>.

If you are referring to the line below, then you should realize that this is in specific reference to Han and Wat.
    ac6x70z2ueub.png

I agree that he should shoot first, according to the mechanics listed, but I also recognize that issues of this nature should be treated as a low priority, as they have a very minor effect across the board.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Jakdnels wrote: »

The people in charge of working on game mechanics and the people drafting forum posts don't need to (and probably shouldn't) be the same people.

The person who does the talking, still needs to have meetings and discuss things with those people, since he is not the one making it happen and needs to have some level of understanding to put together said communication.
    Jakdnels wrote: »

The person who does the talking, still needs to have meetings and discuss things with those people, since he is not the one making it happen and needs to have some level of understanding to put together said communication.

But after the meetings he doesn't need to look over their shoulder while they actually log into their new tools and develop content. What "the person that does the talking" does after the meetings is frankly beyond me.
  • Maybe someone involved in over arching game desicions could shoot an email to the person in charge of making posts to the community outlining what is coming to the game, or what has been added recently. Then the community post person could make posts based on that info. I feel like a company making huge money, like CG, could figure this out. Much smaller companies seem to have been able to crack this puzzle.
  • for like the 10th time already, han shoots first except in very few, very specific instances against computer teams in pve. it's irrelevant, ignore it. If you need han to shoot first in the last phase of smuggler's run my advice is to git gud and stop worrying about minutia that don't matter
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    for like the 10th time already, han shoots first except in very few, very specific instances against computer teams in pve. it's irrelevant, ignore it. If you need han to shoot first in the last phase of smuggler's run my advice is to git gud and stop worrying about minutia that don't matter

But principles!
  • The devil is in the details. It absolutely does matter.
  • TVF wrote: »
    for like the 10th time already, han shoots first except in very few, very specific instances against computer teams in pve. it's irrelevant, ignore it. If you need han to shoot first in the last phase of smuggler's run my advice is to git gud and stop worrying about minutia that don't matter

But principles!

You really don't find it odd that they won't just add a bit of code so that Hans bonus turn at the start gets priority. That does not seem like some super complicated thing to fix.

If you feel this is a bug than you should be reporting it as such on <<Answers HQ>>.

If you are referring to the line below, then you should realize that this is in specific reference to Han and Wat.
    ac6x70z2ueub.png

I agree that he should shoot first, according to the mechanics listed, but I also recognize that issues of this nature should be treated as a low priority, as they have a very minor effect across the board.

I believe it’s been posted as a bug already. I will look and see. You are ignoring the last part of my statement. Which I’ve seen you do several times from other posters.

If it’s not a bug, then how come Krennik never went first in the old system? If they both got bonus turns, and there was no mechanic saying that Han should ALWAYS go first, then Krennik would have won 50/50 coin flips at least half the time. He NEVER did before. Which means there WAS a mechanic saying that Han always goes first. Which is now missing. For some reason you keep ignoring this reasoning and claiming that it’s WAI
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »

But principles!

You really don't find it odd that they won't just add a bit of code so that Hans bonus turn at the start gets priority. That does not seem like some super complicated thing to fix.

its funny but everything you just said it wrong.

a little background for you, how they take their turn first is actually based on the NPC side, not Hans side.

and as they have discussed to some extent, the older events are more hand crafted and each one is unique, so yes its actually quite involved to go in and change that aspect of the event.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    To add to that, I don't care if it's odd or not. It affects me not in the slightest.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

ac6x70z2ueub.png

I believe it’s been posted as a bug already. I will look and see. You are ignoring the last part of my statement. Which I’ve seen you do several times from other posters.

If it’s not a bug, then how come Krennik never went first in the old system? If they both got bonus turns, and there was no mechanic saying that Han should ALWAYS go first, then Krennik would have won 50/50 coin flips at least half the time. He NEVER did before. Which means there WAS a mechanic saying that Han always goes first. Which is now missing. For some reason you keep ignoring this reasoning and claiming that it’s WAI

the interaction of Krennik is how they way the system is coded in that event and how Han is coded and how they interact in the new system.

he never did this before because there was no overshoot system in place. nothing is missing, it was the thing that is added doing exactly what it is now told to do. NO there was not a mechanic to tell Han to go first, there was just no mechanic to look at the TM situation of Krennik and tell him to go before Han.
  • So if it is not a bug, it is a nerf. Han doesnt shoot first anymore

ac6x70z2ueub.png

the interaction of Krennik is how they way the system is coded in that event and how Han is coded and how they interact in the new system.

he never did this before because there was no overshoot system in place. nothing is missing, it was the thing that is added doing exactly what it is now told to do. NO there was not a mechanic to tell Han to go first, there was just no mechanic to look at the TM situation of Krennik and tell him to go before Han.

Nothing you just said makes any sense. Nor does it jibe with what you have said on this topic before. You have stated before that the reason Krennik now goes first is because he has always gotten a bonus turn and the new system now gives him more priority because he has more TM than Han.

You are now saying that there was nothing to compare Krennik and Han before. So did Krennik get a bonus turn or not? Because if he had a bonus turn before (your words), then yes there was a system to compare who should go first.
  • TVF wrote: »
    To add to that, I don't care if it's odd or not. It affects me not in the slightest.

Then why do you keep posting on it? If you don’t care, and it doesn’t affect you, then leave the conversation to people who do. And stop interjecting your lack of opinion.
    TVF wrote: »

But principles!

its funny but everything you just said it wrong.

a little background for you, how they take their turn first is actually based on the NPC side, not Hans side.

and as they have discussed to some extent, the older events are more hand crafted and each one is unique, so yes its actually quite involved to go in and change that aspect of the event.

I am so confused now. There is a character in this game called Han Solo, he has an ability called shoots first, yes? I don't care how turn order is actually decided in the game I was just thinking of one possible solution to this problem. To me as an outsider who does not work at cg and has no idea what the code for this game looks like, I would think it would be possible to add something to Han that says if # of turns taken = 0 then Han takes next turn. Nothing to do with giving Han 100% turn meter because then you get into the overfill craziness. Just let Han have a turn and then everything else proceeds as normal. It's a minor thing and I know it won't ever be important enough to fix.