So Galactic Challenges are 3 day long but appear every week?

2Next

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    IronCross wrote: »
    3 days is too long for these to run. The assault battles are only 1 day and they have more going on in them than these. Give us 1 a day and keep rotating.

As someone who would prefer assault battles be two days, I'm fine with 3 days. With raids, TB, TW, both arenas, etc., it's time - centric enough for a game. I don't need another "something I have to get done today". Especially when you add in that many players have real life commitments too.

Besides, we all know that if they shortened it and ran it more often, the rewards would be reduced to account for the increase in frequency.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    yankeeh8er wrote: »
    Is anyone tracking when these events launch? I am curious when we can expect the next one.

swgohevents.com has an event calendar, but with that said I don't see how past history indicates anything right now.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Is anyone tracking when these events launch? I am curious when we can expect the next one.

swgohevents.com has an event calendar, but with that said I don't see how past history indicates anything right now.

I was hoping maybe there was some pattern to them.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

I was hoping maybe there was some pattern to them.

People here see all sorts of patterns that may or may not be true, so be my guest.
  • If we go by last week, tomorrows update will include a new one set for Thursday or Friday. Once a week is gross but here we are.
  • raybron99 wrote: »
    If we go by last week, tomorrows update will include a new one set for Thursday or Friday. Once a week is gross but here we are.

Their stated plan is for us to have these available every day. As far as I can tell, we're still in the exhibition. As soon as they're satisfied I expect them to finalize it and put out a normal schedule.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    raybron99 wrote: »
    If we go by last week, tomorrows update will include a new one set for Thursday or Friday. Once a week is gross but here we are.
    They said we should get Hoth and Coruscant this month so I’m expecting two GCs back to back after Wednesday’s update

But I feel like, knowing CG, we’ll just end up with one anyways

• How many factions have we not had as attackers so far? I know we still haven't gotten ewoks yet, I hope we get all the factions with 5 members and an actual leader at some point.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

Their stated plan is for us to have these available every day.

Is this based on anything other than the initial tease, which also implied tying them to daily challenges and has since been abandoned?
  • Ultra wrote: »
    They said we should get Hoth and Coruscant this month so I’m expecting two GCs back to back after Wednesday’s update

But I feel like, knowing CG, we’ll just end up with one anyways

Probably. I just wish once and a while they'd let us know what was going on. Its so **** odd what they've become.

• StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    edited September 2020

Is this based on anything other than the initial tease, which also implied tying them to daily challenges and has since been abandoned?

I'll have to find it, but I don't think it was the same post about the daily challenges. They just said they wanted us to have "challenging content every day" or some such.

Edit: Yes, it was that Road Ahead that I am thinking of, though it was not said in relation to the daily activities thing.
    Our main goal for this feature is to provide more activities for players each day.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator

To be fair, They specifically said they abandoned the daily challenges tie-in but did not said that they are abandoning the “available everyday” part

Even the exhibition schedule had them available everyday
  • Ultra wrote: »

To be fair, They specifically said they abandoned the daily challenges tie-in but did not said that they are abandoning the “available everyday” part

Even the exhibition schedule had them available everyday

To be fair, CG does not communicate with us and this is all speculation. The problem is, CG doesn't communicate except to make big promises that are never followed through on (new raid?).