Why does GL Luke require 21 characters at relic 3+

1234568Next

Replies

• LordDirt wrote: »
    Where is the best place to farm Darth Vader?
    Achievements. 50,000 arena wins gets you 15 shards!

Oh, so you can't farm him B)
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Let’s get SEE
    08jg45sc4p8d.pngHmmmm it says it needs EP

fc526ojxlmh5.png

That's a part of OP's post, yes there are other chars like JKL that have indirect requirements like JTR, BB8 or Palp but none of them requires a wide set of relic chars like JKL does. They can be obtained with some very low gear stuff like g8-9ish. And that is in no way comparable to the requirement of all the relic chars for JKL.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
    LordDirt wrote: »

Except you can since he is in the fleet shop, and also given to you by other achievements

So how long will he take to get? About as long as Hoda? Wampa?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?

Except you can since he is in the fleet shop, and also given to you by other achievements

Fleet currency is much faster than GET1, so it should take significantly less time to get a 7* Darth Vader than Hoda or Wampa.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    edited September 2020
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Let’s get SEE
    08jg45sc4p8d.pngHmmmm it says it needs EP

fc526ojxlmh5.png

That's a part of OP's post, yes there are other chars like JKL that have indirect requirements like JTR, BB8 or Palp but none of them requires a wide set of relic chars like JKL does. They can be obtained with some very low gear stuff like g8-9ish. And that is in no way comparable to the requirement of all the relic chars for JKL.

ok and?

What does he want? He's complaining some legendaries or journey toons are easier to unlock than others?

The only thing that would be acceptable to OP is that if every toon can be unlocked with g9 being the max limit because we have some outdated legendary from years ago that players could unlock at lower gear

What if they require a GL in the future? All Epic Confrontations, GLs, etc should be g8 unlocks to avoid this complaint in the future

I'm sure even you realize how silly OP is being
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Page 8, are we still arguing semantics?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

You need 330 shards. Assuming you get top 50 fleet arena everyday that's 1.3k fleet tokens a day. For 2k tokens you get 5 shards. Quick maths: 330 / 5 x 2000 = 132k tokens required --> 132k / 1.3k = 101,5 days to collect the required amount of tokens.
    2 things given: 1) you also find the tokens in the store 2) excluding additional shards from achievements etc.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    I think what's "fair" depends on what you get at the end, so I have no idea how they are reaching this conclusion before the new GLs have dropped, but that's their opinion and I won't contest it.

"Fair" also depends on your roster to begin with (as Calo explained) and the usefulness of the prerequisites. For instance, a JKL owner only need to Relic 12 more characters instead of 14, as C3po and Chewie are relic'd. There is a small survey (60 votes, not representative) in Arena forum showing 46% will go for Luke and 15% for Palp. So even if Luke is harder to get on paper, the requirements seem "fair", as more people tend to fulfill them, wether they're closer or prefer gearing those characters, if this survey is any indication ("Luke is cool" is probably a motivation too).
  • TVF wrote: »

The goal is to argue semantics until we have the full prerequisites to really start the discussion. So wait for a day or two.

• Starslayer wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

The goal is to argue semantics until we have the full prerequisites to really start the discussion. So wait for a day or two.

We'll get the final reqs in just over 3 hours.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »

The goal is to argue semantics

It's not.

Checkmate.
  • StarSon wrote: »

Or are we?
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »

Or are we?

Or will we?

Semantics?

Anyway, it's likely, but not guaranteed.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    edited September 2020
    What does he want? He's complaining some legendaries or journey toons are easier to unlock than others?
    No? Did you read the post? Or do you just post on everything you see for the sake of it.
    No genius, I'm saying why should 1 GL require 21 characters to be reliced while the other 3 have only required 14.
    The only thing that would be acceptable to OP is that if every toon can be unlocked with g9 being the max limit because we have some outdated legendary from years ago that players could unlock at lower gear
    That is not the point nor something I have claimed.
    What if they require a GL in the future? All Epic Confrontations, GLs, etc should be g8 unlocks to avoid this complaint in the future
    CG has stated you do not need a GL to unlock a GL, but take that with a grain of salt since they tend to go back on their words every now and then.
    I'm sure even you realize how silly OP is being
    More like everyone realizing you are the silly one 😜

1. Every toon has different requirements. Don't like it, don't get it. At least they all stand in the same playing field as far as power levels go

2. They don't need a GL to unlock a GL but there can be a new type of toon in the future that might require GLs. Just like legendaries were never required when GMY or Palp were released as legendary toons

CG has never answered why you need a certain GP or gear for an event because it doesn't really need to be said. It just is.
  • 1. Every toon has different requirements. Don't like it, don't get it. At least they all stand in the same playing field as far as power levels go
    Right here, this is rotten attitude everyone got in the forums these days, whats the point of arguing with people like you

Ironic
  • Since you keep bring up your original post....
    I thought the requirements were going to be 14 characters and a ship, not an additional 7 characters on top of it

Firstly, it could be 13 characters and 2 ships. We don't know those specifics yet. However, any way you slice it, there are 15 requirements for JML, 15 for GLEE, 13 for Rey, and 13 for SLKR. To obtain those requirements, in each case, you must do something. For some it's as simple as farming from a node. Others require events, others still require guild membership. And yet still, the requirements for JML are 15 total characters and ships at various levels.
    Since you keep bring up your original post....
    I thought the requirements were going to be 14 characters and a ship, not an additional 7 characters on top of it

Firstly, it could be 13 characters and 2 ships. We don't know those specifics yet. However, any way you slice it, there are 15 requirements for JML, 15 for GLEE, 13 for Rey, and 13 for SLKR. To obtain those requirements, in each case, you must do something. For some it's as simple as farming from a node. Others require events, others still require guild membership. And yet still, the requirements for JML are 15 total characters and ships at various levels.

That's true. And for only one of them does the 'do something' require additional relic'd characters.
    15 for GLEE

GLEE :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: omg I love that so much :joy: oh that's fantastic sir.
  • How about we use "Requirements" with a capital "R" when referring to the Journey Guide and some Unicode monstrosity like "Яequirements" for the implicit needs? Trying to bridge divides here ;)

Honestly though, this is one of the most toxic discussions I have ever hate-read:
    - Arguing over analogies
    - Refusing to acknowledge a general point because you'd rather argue semantics over the word "requirements"
    - Reductio ad absurdum ("might as well claim breathing is a Яequirement... lulz")

Sigh...
  • Honestly though, this is one of the most toxic discussions I have ever hate-read:

Sigh...
    Amen to that! Good to know I’ll be finished farming JML’s 15 requirements by the time this thread winds up!
  • TVF wrote: »

The goal is to argue semantics

It's not.

Checkmate.

/bow
This discussion has been closed.