2 Fleets and GAC Matchmaking

With the addition of a second defensive fleet to Divisions 1 and 2 of Grand Arena Championship, I am very interested to know if there is going to be some manner of Fleet GP (or Capital Ship) comparison added to the matchmaking algorithm.

Previous to this update, the matchmaking was based purely on the GP of participants' Top X characters, without balancing for Fleet GP disparity. I fear that, given the limited number of capital ships, any matchmaking without a fleet comparison will now disproportionately favor those with fleet-forward rosters.
Meatbag

Replies

• Previous to this update, the matchmaking was based purely on the GP of participants' Top X characters, without balancing for Fleet GP disparity.
    Was it? What proof do you have for that?
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Pffft, proof, this is the SWGOH Forums.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Previous to this update, the matchmaking was based purely on the GP of participants' Top X characters, without balancing for Fleet GP disparity.
    Was it? What proof do you have for that?

I think I shared this with you before on other topics. Here's my experience:
    I wondered the same. Null hypothesis is if there's something else in play in gacs with ships top 80 shouldn't work. I hotbot all my matchups regardless. No match has shown a wide enough jump to suspect anything different than -only teams- formats close top x gp mm bot is showing. This might be due to me being at a gp where people mostly have the same ships maxed for counting (which are not necessarily what gets used in the matches, but a remnant of having to go through old fleets).

Sooo...if you can find even a single data point that 2 people in your pools has more significant difference on top x than only toon gacs, then at least something else in play.

Let's not forget there is no certain way to prove top X besides 20k-ish ranges we keep seeing by the bots either.