Is SEE same being as Senator Palpatine/Darth Sidious?

Devian
663 posts Member
edited September 2020
I really wanted to name the title "Is All The Sith same as The Senate?"
But this way main topic woud focus on jokes only)))
By this question I mean, in e9 Sith Eternal Emperor says he's no longer the same being as Palpatine. An enigma, the will of all sith that merged into his spirit and lingering inside of a clone body.

So considering this, can there be a possibility of 2 "Palpatine's" GL inside swgoh?
One that is not truly Palpatine, but Sith Eternal Emperor and one that is the real Darth Sidious and his ultimate self?

Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I can see a Senator Palpatine as a separate character if CG chooses to go that route but I don’t see him (Senator Palp) as a Galactic Legend

We already have a Darth Sidious from the prequels in the game
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    We need a House Palpatine first. He needs more experience at a lower level.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Ultra wrote: »
    I can see a Senator Palpatine as a separate character if CG chooses to go that route but I don’t see him (Senator Palp) as a Galactic Legend

With ultimate he could switch appearance to become Sidious from e3 finals temporarily. Like Kylo putting off the mask of Ren. So It's not that impossible. I mean it won't overlap with existing Darth Sidious
  • TVF wrote: »

You mean Congressman Palpatine
  • Ultra wrote: »

I don't think senator palpatine would be the ultimate version from the prequels. Senator palpatine would be the version from ep 1. Maybe a marque that ends up being required for the ultimate version from the prequels.

The ultimate version would be "the senate". The version from the mace fight or the Yoda fight. I'll leave it for others to debate which skin would be better. (Maybf an opportunity to unlock or purchase another skin if you like one more than the other).

I can't see any version of palpatine having a ls tag but they could put in republic synergy and separatist synergy since he played both sides. Maybe a chancellor palpatine that has a non offensive kit that manipulates the opposition and can work with republic or separatist.

The ultimate "Senate" would be strait up ds but maybe make some ds clone troopers for him to synergize with. And maybe a fallen anakin.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    We must've watched a different Ep. 9. He said all the Sith live in him, but he never suggested he was no longer Palpatine. In fact, he says, "As once I fell..." and other lines indicating he thinks of himself as the same person. The implication is that the spirits of all the Sith were in him from the moment he killed Plagueis.
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    And maybe a fallen anakin.

You know, the fact that people keep saying fallen anakin is bit annoying. "Fallen" Anakin is Darth Vader.

Once he pledged himself to Palpatine, he became Darth Vader. Pre-burn victim Vader or Youngling Killer Vader would make more sense.
    fun fact is, current cannon suggests that while you are no longer a jedi but still not a sith - you are a fallen jedi(previously dark jedi).
    So in a way yes, fallen jedi, but Vader =D (coz he got his alias from the start). But that's another topic

• crzydroid wrote: »
    We must've watched a different Ep. 9. He said all the Sith live in him, but he never suggested he was no longer Palpatine. In fact, he says, "As once I fell..." and other lines indicating he thinks of himself as the same person. The implication is that the spirits of all the Sith were in him from the moment he killed Plagueis.
    Well, I'll rewatch that part, ok.
  • Devian wrote: »

You know, the fact that people keep saying fallen anakin is bit annoying. "Fallen" Anakin is Darth Vader.

Once he pledged himself to Palpatine, he became Darth Vader. Pre-burn victim Vader or Youngling Killer Vader would make more sense.
    fun fact is, current cannon suggests that while you are no longer a jedi but still not a sith - you are a fallen jedi(previously dark jedi).
    So in a way yes, fallen jedi, but Vader =D (coz he got his alias from the start). But that's another topic

I thought he became a Sith once he pledged himself to Darth Sidious. He was going down the path to the dark side (but he was still a Jedi) until he helped kill Windu which he then became a Sith. Correct?
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    He didn’t become a Sith until he killed all the people in the temple and Mustafar. He had to earn his yellow Sith eyes.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    He didn’t become a Sith until he killed all the people in the temple and Mustafar. He had to earn his yellow Sith eyes.

Correct. After he cut maces arms off.... palp killed mace. Anakin then pledges himself to palpatine and his teachings

Anakin doesnt truely become vader or a sith until he makes good on his pledge.
  • TVF wrote: »

I was thinking “campaign season Palpatine”
  • DarkHelmet1138
    3884 posts Member
    edited September 2020

I know but fallen anakin seems to be the most common reference and it is shorter than pre burn victim vader.
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »

Correct. After he cut maces arms off.... palp killed mace. Anakin then pledges himself to palpatine and his teachings

But right then and there after he helped kill Windu he became known as Darth Vader.
  • Eweff wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

I was thinking “campaign season Palpatine”

What about a pre-prequel District Comptroller Palpatine? Maybe Public Works Director Palpatine, or even Assistant City Manager Palpatine (technically he was just the Assistant to the City Manager, Palpatine). Just imagine the kind of havoc a future Sith emperor could cause as a low level bureaucrat. We need to see more depictions of his rise to power, in-game and on-screen.
  • ShaggyB wrote: »

But right then and there after he helped kill Windu he became known as Darth Vader.

He was called Darth Vader but had not yet become Darth Vader until he went on his rampage and earned the title.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »

He was called Darth Vader but had not yet become Darth Vader until he went on his rampage and earned the title.

Palpatine said that henceforth you shall become known as Darth Vader. He was Darth Vader right there and then. He earned the title by killing Windu and reinforced it when he went on his rampage.
  • Semantics then. He was Darth Vader after helping kill Windu and he embraced the Sith life after killing everyone and getting his yellow eyes.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    ShaggyB wrote: »

No, pledging himself to Darth Sidious' teachings and the Dark Side of the Force and being anointed as Sith Lord Darth Vader - he was Sith at that very moment. He only grew more and more powerful in the Dark Side moving forward until his redemption in RTOJ.