Disparity in new GL requirements

Prev1
Why does there appear to be a HUGE disparity in the requirements for the 2 new upcoming GLs?

Primarily, why is a character like JKL required for Grand Master Luke, and nothing even close to that difficulty of acquisition required for Sith Eternal?

Dred Zeppelin aka DrZeppersTTV Come visit DrZeppers on twitch

Replies

• Because it takes more work to master the light side then the dark side. Makes sense for JML to be harder to get
  • I'm more excited for a return to Danger Zone!
  • Well, I mean, to be fair, 4 of the requirements of JML are alredy a JKL requirement (just on less relics) so I think that compensate for it

And I'm someone who's next unlock is gonna be GAS, so I'm far away from GL's, but still, going to pursue JML after I finish GAS and SLKR
  • mariogsh wrote: »
    Well, I mean, to be fair, 4 of the requirements of JML are alredy a JKL requirement (just on less relics) so I think that compensate for it

But there are NO such character requirements in comparison to JKL for Sith Eternal. Whats been posted for a specific character can typically be justified, but when compared to a character that as stated by CG is of like ability and power to current GLs, and to make getting one far easier than the other does not make any sense. Not any common sense at least.

• @John_Matrix1985
    I'm more excited for a return to Danger Zone!

Yeah, should be fun, eh?

My Leia & Wedge are g11, and obviously there's a lot of work to do on 3PAC & MM, but I'm in a great position for JMLS.

However, as I've said many times, there's no way I am pursuing a GL that doesn't solo HSTR. If that means I have to finish the first batch (I have GL Rey) before getting either of the 2nd, then that's what I'll do.

Besides, my rebel fleet is decent. Getting the FO pilots up to relics would make them pretty rockin' and effectively add another fleet at a time when we're now needing 4 minimum, but really 5-6 fleets to have any decent safety factor in GAC.

• As for the OP:
    Why does there appear to be a HUGE disparity in the requirements for the 2 new upcoming GLs?

The disparity was somewhat lessened by HermitYoda & Lando finding their way into the last requirements. With both those toons also required for JKLS, it takes some of the sting out of the announcement.

This doesn't mean that the requirements for Luke & SEE are even - they aren't. And it doesn't mean that they're fair - we really have no idea until we see the toons in action.

It just means that it stings a little less to know that you're going to have to get them to g13 for JKLS and then get to reuse them, just with a bit more signal data & relic salvage dropped on them.
  • Still, almost all of the luke requiremente are absolutely great characters, whilst SEE rewuirements has Krennic, RG, Maul and Savage as pretty sithy characters to have to relic.

So sure, SEE is easier to acquire but hurts the roster way more immediately.
  • I’m just happy that there’s a GL in reach for a mid level ftp player like myself
  • Both are very long term player friendly
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • wildnz
    254 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    As a rough idea (and credit to @Ultra for mentioning pop up on swgoh.gg) ;

Carb/Stun guns and Kyrotechs needed for GLs (note does NOT include toons required to unlock GL req'd toons)

See = 1550 carbs 850 stun guns 950 Kyro Prods 750 KComps
    Rey = 2500 carbs 1450 Stun Guns 1050 Kyro Prods 650 KComps
    SLKR = 2700 Carbs 1150 Stun Guns 1000 Kyro Prods 400 KComps
    JML = 2600 Carbs 1450 stun guns 1350 Kyro Prods 950 KComps

FYI
    JKL = 2500 Carbs 1150 stun guns 600 Kyro Prods 300 KComps

JML / JKL have some double counting as some toons are needed for both.

JKL without toons also needed for JML
    JKL (Net) = 1600 Carbs 550 stun guns 300 Kyro Prods 200 KComps
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Also there's the question of what factions you would use in the actual events...

I wouldn't be surprised if it's FO or Resistance, considering that the new GLs are based on the sequel trilogy.

So that's a possibility of having to relic up some more toons if you haven't already. You may thought: "Oh great, I almost got all the requirements for new GL"

Then only to hit a barrier on the first tier, if the main factions are FO/Resistance and not one single toon you have been gearing up in the requirements are being used.

I wouldn't get too excited UNTIL the actual events go live. This is CG after all.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    I am sure you can use the characters used to unlock the event. Possibility of using others too like the previous GL event.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    I am sure you can use the characters used to unlock the event. Possibility of using others too like the previous GL event.

I hope you are right. I do.
  • JML requires relics on almost all good rooms, SEE are mostly bad toons. It’s not really that unfair
  • They need to announce how many re-works/buffs after release each will have in advance...
  • Well the good news is for long term, end game players JML is almost a free GL. The requirements don't have to be dead even for every player in the game, thats impossible. Think of it like SEEP is better for newer players and JML is better for veterans. I love the requirements for JML. Its impossible to please every player at every turn in the game pal.
  • wildnz wrote: »
    They need to announce how many re-works/buffs after release each will have in advance...

But that depends on who people go for. More people get jml and See will get a buff. More people go for See and jml will get a buff.
  • Yado101 wrote: »
    JML requires relics on almost all good rooms, SEE are mostly bad toons. It’s not really that unfair

From my perspective, only "Krennic" appears to be the "bad" toon on the SEE list. Having used many of these characters recently, I dont see them as bad. Piett is still waiting to blossom for most (dont know).

I have no complaints, I am beyond the biggest hurdles personally, it just seems to me that the amount of effort/time invested for them should be near equal. One perspective to look at is the GET situation. With GET currency being so valuable now, having so many characters that require it to reach eligible status for one GL, and no such requirements for the other GL does seem quite inequal.
  • A few of the JML requirements crossover and Stark is not farmable so it kind of evens out.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Schriefer wrote: »
    Stark is not farmable

Lol what
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Schriefer wrote: »
    A few of the JML requirements crossover and Stark is not farmable so it kind of evens out.

Starck is a fast farm from guild store if you're in a decent guild doing lots of raids

• TVF wrote: »
    Schriefer wrote: »
    Stark is not farmable

Lol what

I know I misspelled it Starck isn’t farmable, meaning having his own node. Need to use guild store credits or money.
  • Starck is a fast farm from guild store if you're in a decent guild doing lots of raids[/quote]

Just was saying possible reason they thought the requirements where overall even for either GL.
  • Darth Vader isnt on a node either.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    A guild store toon makes the farm even easier.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Darth Vader isnt on a node either.

Doesn't need to be. Hes given to you at 7 stars through achievements, and you can speed it up with fleet tokens.