New account experience

My play games profile got deleted so I would have to restart to play.

How is the f2p experience in 2020 for new accounts?

Replies

• As a F2P player who reached level 85 yesterday, I can tell you that is like a rollercoaster.
    I went for the Phoenix way but I think that's a mistake. If I could go back to the past I'd choose the seps. I think is a funnier squad than Phoenix with better and easier to build ships.
  • With phoenix you can get Thrawn and EP, but I agree that if I were to start another account I would use geos for the advantage when starting fleets.
  • Tbh, if my account got deleted, I would never play this game ever again

No way I would spent another 2 years to reach where I'm now

I admire your determination
  • @mariogsh I'm still on the fence whether it is worth it. I love SW and the collecting was fun. Experiencing the SIM ticket crunch makes me cringe though.
  • mariogsh wrote: »
    Tbh, if my account got deleted, I would never play this game ever again

The new game F2P experience is brutal. Especially for someone who has already had all those characters. I’ve spent $3k or so thanks to my YouTube Channel and it still sucks. It’s so horrible.
  • Tyrael wrote: »
    My play games profile got deleted so I would have to restart to play.

How is the f2p experience in 2020 for new accounts?

mariogsh wrote: »

Run, run while you can, escape to the sunshine, exercise, & social interaction!
  • I started playing the game in April/May of this year. It is a lot ot fun. I started out with separatists, but did geos on the side. I now have a gear 10-11 padme team that Im working on getting to gear 12-13. Ill have revan in about 2 months, then ill go after darth revan. I would recommend geonosians to start, otherwise, Ahnald's plan is actually really good.
  • The sim ticket crunch isn't as bad, just use up some crystals for them the first week or so. Get into a strong guild early to quickly unlock fleets, then you're good
  • It's not horrible. I stared a new alt account a few months ago since I lost my other alt from a year or so ago because I started it for my daughter and couldn't back it up.

The hyperdrive bundle makes it more difficult if you are going ftp since it means you'll hit a wall of players that are level 85 when you're level 50. On my shard that goes back to the 300s. But that should only be temporary. Once you hit lvl 85 the gap should lessen. I'm still at level 82 and need to reach level 84 before I can use my Zetas.

Getting in a good guild is vital. I get a lot of gear I can't use yet but will soon from raids and tb from my guild. There isn't a lot I can do to help other than get tickets but that is enough for many mid sized guilds. So as soon as you have a 7 star character,get un an hstr guild.

With papa palps now in the game, the Phoenix route is the quickest to a GL probably since you need thrawn for papa palps. I did Phoenix first anyway since vader is a beast now so I want to run empire. Even without wat, he can beat everything but GLs.

I also farmed geo ships though since you need them later anyway.
  • mariogsh wrote: »

The new game F2P experience is brutal. Especially for someone who has already had all those characters. I’ve spent $3k or so thanks to my YouTube Channel and it still sucks. It’s so horrible.

this isn't a new f2p experience.

to OP, the ftp experience is better than it has ever been. anyone telling you differently just doesn't remember how it used to be. everything is easier and quicker

the one downside is the same one CG seems to not care about, which is people starting accounts and letting them build literally 10's of thousands of energy etc and/or getting all the raid chars by parking the alts in main guilds, then starting in arena so they have a massive advantage over n00bs
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • new players experience a lot of sim crunch, and that alone would make me quit the game if i ever had to restart
    no longer a f2p since i bought the hyperdrive bundle
  • Once you unlock ships the sim issue disappears. I’m f2p and am really enjoying it. I went Phoenix first cause I’m trying to get cls but I’ve made a geo team and they go wild and are a lot more fun but if you are going to play it’s going to be a long grind
  • new players experience a lot of sim crunch, and that alone would make me quit the game if i ever had to restart

The sim crunch only lasts until you unlock ships at lvl 60 which goes pretty quick. Then you get 150 a day just from fleet arena and you never run out again.
  • that's true, 150 sims a day is good enough for pretty much anything

but once you have that steady source of growing sims it'll be more brutal to restart because you're used to wasting sims instead of conserving them

i persuaded a friend to start the game and even watching him have to run through battle after battle without sims is torture so i think i'd never restart the game if for some reason my account got deleted

not to mind my current progress. it would hurt so much to go from my bast jedis and palp empires to g3 1* phoenix team
    no longer a f2p since i bought the hyperdrive bundle
  • that's true, 150 sims a day is good enough for pretty much anything

but once you have that steady source of growing sims it'll be more brutal to restart because you're used to wasting sims instead of conserving them

i persuaded a friend to start the game and even watching him have to run through battle after battle without sims is torture so i think i'd never restart the game if for some reason my account got deleted

not to mind my current progress. it would hurt so much to go from my bast jedis and palp empires to g3 1* phoenix team

It isn't all that bad. Early game, you have little else to do anyway.

Most events are locked at that point. And you get enough sim tickets with an energy refresh that you get enough to do hard battles with the energy. If you are farming gear from a low energy node you still have to do some battles manually or pay 30 crystals to get a few more sim tickets.

The weeks of waiting to sim gw after you beat it 50 times but aren't level 85 or the 10 minute cooldown for challenges before level 85 are way more frustrating.