Disparity in new GL requirements

2Next

Replies

• Schriefer wrote: »
    A few of the JML requirements crossover and Stark is not farmable so it kind of evens out.

He's in the guild store
  • So whats the problem in one being easier to reach than the other? Its not like you are forced to go for Luke? Just be happy that one is easier to reach so you can get them both faster.

I just dont see the point (yes I know they said they would be equal in power but that doesnt change a thing.)
  • khdelboy wrote: »
    Also there's the question of what factions you would use in the actual events...

I wouldn't be surprised if it's FO or Resistance, considering that the new GLs are based on the sequel trilogy.

So that's a possibility of having to relic up some more toons if you haven't already. You may thought: "Oh great, I almost got all the requirements for new GL"

Then only to hit a barrier on the first tier, if the main factions are FO/Resistance and not one single toon you have been gearing up in the requirements are being used.

I wouldn't get too excited UNTIL the actual events go live. This is CG after all.

This is not even mildly probable. Just paranoia talking.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    DubbQ wrote: »
    So whats the problem in one being easier to reach than the other? Its not like you are forced to go for Luke? Just be happy that one is easier to reach so you can get them both faster.

I just dont see the point (yes I know they said they would be equal in power but that doesnt change a thing.)

To add to this it's all perspective too.

Players are in all different places on farms and gear levels on many of the toons, it's all relative.
  • There is a big disparity in gear requirements as well. SEE requires a lot less of those bottleneck pieces compares to the other GL's
  • Another way to look at this.... JML has requirements that are much more useful outside just unlocking him.

We had a thread about how many journey and special characters he needs.... but look at it like this.

All those characters are great and many are ones you should want to have at higher relics.

For example, han and r2. Chewy was needed for JKL which means you want to relic han as he and chewy go together in a team most of the time... but now they arent balanced. Being made to relic him to get to JML is just balancing the pair.

You should already want to do that.

Is it a heavy lift... yes it is. Is it of worth while characters... yes it is.

Look at SEE.... maul, sidious and krennic are a bit of a waste. Mauruader has a niche place, tarkin is all but replaces out side of ships. In ships he has a bit of resurgence but not much.... id still go for thrawn.

Royal guard and count dooku are basically there and have a spot but not much. Ships for one and the other can be used in gac and a level in Geo which he can beat at gear 12.

Excited to do troopers team.... but this is only 3 of them which means you need to pick the other 2 and round out that team
  • yankeeh8er
    604 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Maul has a ship and it goes well with Ht under Chimera. Dooku has 2 special missions in DSGeoTB. They are not useless at all. Sidous is not bad under palp lead due to all the debuffs he gives.
    Edit: Royal Guard has a ship also. Remember we are going to need 4 fleets soon in gac so the more good pilots you have the better.
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    Another way to look at this.... JML has requirements that are much more useful outside just unlocking him.

We had a thread about how many journey and special characters he needs.... but look at it like this.

All those characters are great and many are ones you should want to have at higher relics.

For example, han and r2. Chewy was needed for JKL which means you want to relic han as he and chewy go together in a team most of the time... but now they arent balanced. Being made to relic him to get to JML is just balancing the pair.

Look at SEE.... maul, sidious and krennic are a bit of a waste. Mauruader has a niche place, tarkin is all but replaces out side of ships. In ships he has a bit of resurgence but not much.... id still go for thrawn.

Royal guard and count dooku are basically there and have a spot but not much. Ships for one and the other can be used in gac and a level in Geo which he can beat at gear 12.

Excited to do troopers team.... but this is only 3 of them which means you need to pick the other 2 and round out that team

I think you could put a decent trooper team together with veers, piet, stark, death trooper (or range trooper), and royal guard.

Death trooper and range are both support characters so high gear isn't as necessary. And royal guard isn't as good a tank as shore trooper but he's reliced already and you can give him a taunt with piet so he'll do his job.

It probably won't be meta but it probably can do some dmg against b teams in gac.

I definitely plan on finding ways to use all the characters I have to relic preferably without having to relic a lot more that aren't needed for much.

I may also use royal guard with my ep team. Right now, I use shore trooper but he's only g11 due to having other priorities. Unless I need the pretaunt, then royal guard is probably tanker at r3 than shore is at g11. (Though that doesn't matter as much since usually my vader slaughters everything and I don't need the tank that much).
  • Again, I laugh at all the people talking about whether the prices are fair when you don't even know what you're buying yet.

Porsche saying their upcoming car will cost $1M and Rolls Royce saying their upcoming car will cost $1M certainly present the possibility that both cars are "worth it" to people who have the money to be in that market.

But if after they come out one of the cars has 7 safety recalls and ongoing engine troubles that require constant spending on maintenance, then even the people with $1m to spend on a car might very reasonably conclude that one (or both) was not "worth it".

Before we talk about whether the prices are fair or "worth it", don't you think we should find out what we're actually buying?

Just, y'know, a thought.
  • ObiKenobiJonesy
    80 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Jppc wrote: »

Not interested

"Thats No Moon" is that you? From YT/TTV?

Post edited by ObiKenobiJonesy on
    Dred Zeppelin aka DrZeppersTTV Come visit DrZeppers on twitch
  • ObiKenobiJonesy
    80 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    I do find it interesting what people deem useful vs not.

I see lots of rosters regularly (often asked for Roster Reviews), and see major differences in account strategy etc. It depends on what YOU use.
    How long you've played, what your focusing on, etc.

I appreciate the feedback on the subject.

I didnt mean to "rehash" anything that has already been discussed, but i thought it more appropriate to wait until ALL requirements were posted before evaluating and the only other post I saw was people "predicting" requirements.

May the Force be with you all.

Dred Zeppelin aka DrZeppersTTV Come visit DrZeppers on twitch
    Another way to look at this.... JML has requirements that are much more useful outside just unlocking him.

I think you could put a decent trooper team together with veers, piet, stark, death trooper (or range trooper), and royal guard.

Death trooper and range are both support characters so high gear isn't as necessary. And royal guard isn't as good a tank as shore trooper but he's reliced already and you can give him a taunt with piet so he'll do his job.

It probably won't be meta but it probably can do some dmg against b teams in gac.

I definitely plan on finding ways to use all the characters I have to relic preferably without having to relic a lot more that aren't needed for much.

I may also use royal guard with my ep team. Right now, I use shore trooper but he's only g11 due to having other priorities. Unless I need the pretaunt, then royal guard is probably tanker at r3 than shore is at g11. (Though that doesn't matter as much since usually my vader slaughters everything and I don't need the tank that much).

Guard is not a trooper so id use him with another team not my troopers.

Shore and death or shore and range are likely the ones to shoot for... but snow has a place.

Sadly for now magma and stromtrooper are just sitting it out
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    @ShaggyB

I always go for Range & Death. The Troopers need as much offense as possible because everything starts working not when your tank is soaking up the damage for you, but when you are actually killing your enemies.
  • @ShaggyB

I always go for Range & Death. The Troopers need as much offense as possible because everything starts working not when your tank is soaking up the damage for you, but when you are actually killing your enemies.

That is a fair point. I was thinking shore due to piett adding that will die thing he does. Adding that to shore seemed to do well in his event
  • So not counting the over lapping toons, you need a total of 51 toons/ships for JML.

By contrast palp needs ...... a total of 20 toons/ships.

JML is 52, you missed one :)

The path to the DS is clearly faster, but didn't we already know that to be the case ;)
  • Also a good point. Piett's kit is certainly something I'll have to think about.

I use Snow, Storm, Death....... but my troopers suck & were only for the IPD mission back when we did Hoth.

But as stated above, the real key to them is Veers, Stark & the TM/Killing Train.

I'm kind of wondering how Piett will fit in to troopers.

Given all the people you have to gear it looks like there could be a 3rd empire team forming somehow with Piett, Royal & Tarkin, or keep it as 2nd team but shift Palp/Vader over to some sith set up with Maul & Assassin?
    ShaggyB wrote: »

Guard is not a trooper so id use him with another team not my troopers.

Shore and death or shore and range are likely the ones to shoot for... but snow has a place.

I know he's not a trooper. But with piet's kit it could still work and he's probably better than a lower gear shore trooper. Yeah he won't assist but a tank assisting isn't really much dmg anyway. I don't think you lose any of bonuses to others because it isn't a full trooper team.

Yes, a reliced shore trooper would be better but that is a lot of resources that can b eff spent in other places. So Rg could work in a pinch.

I use Snow, Storm, Death....... but my troopers suck & were only for the IPD mission back when we did Hoth.

But as stated above, the real key to them is Veers, Stark & the TM/Killing Train.

I'm kind of wondering how Piett will fit in to troopers.

Given all the people you have to gear it looks like there could be a 3rd empire team forming somehow with Piett, Royal & Tarkin, or keep it as 2nd team but shift Palp/Vader over to some sith set up with Maul & Assassin?

I've seen testing with piett and troopers demolishing Darth Revan teams. Mine isn't to the point of testing it myself though. But after relicing Veers, stark, and piet I'll probably add it to my gac for offense.

I'll probably put in death or range and shore or rg as the tank. With piet making the tank taunt, I think that a non trooper tank would work the same since Piet's kit doesn't require the marked character to be a trooper. And you have to relic rg anyway.

Though if I use vader to counter a Rey, you could also throw rg and piett in an ep team with tarkin and dooku or sideous and then run a full trooper team.

It'll just depend on your roster as and what you're facing. I know I don't have anywhere near 80 relics so I'm probably better off using what I have to relic rather than g10 characters if they can fit in the team well enough.
  • There will never be an 'easier' to get GL than SEE. It's almost like you can trip, fall, and end up with a GL.
  • YetiYeti wrote: »
    There will never be an 'easier' to get GL than SEE. It's almost like you can trip, fall, and end up with a GL.

Just be thankful that CG are throwing us a bone for once.

And yes, palps is the first GL I'm going for.
  • Why does there appear to be a HUGE disparity in the requirements for the 2 new upcoming GLs?

Primarily, why is a character like JKL required for Grand Master Luke, and nothing even close to that difficulty of acquisition required for Sith Eternal?

Yes but you have to upgrade more useless characters for SEE - so that's the penalty. At least light side might get better power for a change. JKL wasn't hard to get second time around either.