Your TM fix broke the game.

Replies

• Ha...if by tailor, you mean changing mods? Then yes. All you need to do is participate in GA or TW to understand that there are too many specifics. I am not the only person making this statement either.
  • FO & Rebels seemed to have really benefited from the update however
  • it makes me question if there ever was a problem to begin with?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Pan2218 wrote: »
    Ha...if by tailor, you mean changing mods? Then yes. All you need to do is participate in GA or TW to understand that there are too many specifics. I am not the only person making this statement either.

There are very few that are making it with any verifiable proof.

I dont think there are, I mean a round of GA is only 8 battles. is it all 8?
    FO & Rebels seemed to have really benefited from the update however

You mean teams that have the most TMG are the ones that benefit from a system that tracks TM. Yes I agree, but what benefit? not being random, sure, thats great, but it didn't change any behavior that wasn't already there. it just allows a player to tailor it and plan better.
    it makes me question if there ever was a problem to begin with?

Yes, the problem was there was no reliable way to know how some battles would play out and there were counters that would be very reliant on a factor that the players dont have control over.

now players can plan and make strategies that play out the same or as planned. Also they can make better educated guesses as to the turn order on teams like rebels and FO who have a lot of TMG and before would just be random.
  • I am not going to sit here & mince words not allow words to be put in my mouth. The plain simple fact is that the game no longer works & has become a headache since this "fix" was brought about. It has been several rounds of GA & TW since this. & BTW you can't remod for your opponents in GA & TW. I have to say that whatever they did sucks & it is totally my right to do so. Since it is a daunting task to present bug reports, here is where we go to vent our frustration.
  • Pan2218 wrote: »
    I am not going to sit here & mince words not allow words to be put in my mouth. The plain simple fact is that the game no longer works & has become a headache since this "fix" was brought about. It has been several rounds of GA & TW since this. & BTW you can't remod for your opponents in GA & TW. I have to say that whatever they did sucks & it is totally my right to do so. Since it is a daunting task to present bug reports, here is where we go to vent our frustration.
    My game is working just fine? If your’s isn’t, you should file a bug report.
  • Very clever
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    deleted
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Pan2218 wrote: »
    it is totally my right to do so.

Sure it is, but that doesn't make you right or even coherent.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Thank you for the enlightenment.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I am not going to sit here & mince words not allow words to be put in my mouth. The plain simple fact is that the game no longer works & has become a headache since this "fix" was brought about. It has been several rounds of GA & TW since this. & BTW you can't remod for your opponents in GA & TW. I have to say that whatever they did sucks & it is totally my right to do so. Since it is a daunting task to present bug reports, here is where we go to vent our frustration.

I just find it odd that "everything is broken" or "nothing works right", yet you cant give a single specific example.

You could never remod for TW and GA, but you can setup your mods to be the best setup you plan to use then for.

I am not questioning your opinion, I am wondering what is broken or needs to be fixed. That information is how things fixed.
  • bruh, post an actual example of something.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    bruh, post an actual example of something.

To actually try to make this topic useful, there really are actual examples of things not working consistently that I can’t figure out. For example, if Darth Vader defeats a droid with GG present and both gain bonus turns, GG will go first (small sample size). But Vader is faster, so why isn’t it him?
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    bruh, post an actual example of something.

To actually try to make this topic useful, there really are actual examples of things not working consistently that I can’t figure out. For example, if Darth Vader defeats a droid with GG present and both gain bonus turns, GG will go first (small sample size). But Vader is faster, so why isn’t it him?

Works the same with JKA, padme, savior, etc
  • Because Vader usually starts at 0% TM, then gets a bonus turn. Maybe 20% under Palp lead on a Basic when inflicting Ability Block. Then Vader’s Bonus Turn is triggered, along with any other bonus turns that he triggered (Anakin>Padme, GG, Malak).

If those characters have any TM (or >20% TM under Palp lead) they’ll have more Overflow than Vader and take their bonus turn first.

Overflow happens before Speed.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    Because Vader usually starts at 0% TM, then gets a bonus turn. Maybe 20% under Palp lead on a Basic when inflicting Ability Block. Then Vader’s Bonus Turn is triggered, along with any other bonus turns that he triggered (Anakin>Padme, GG, Malak).

If those characters have any TM (or >20% TM under Palp lead) they’ll have more Overflow than Vader and take their bonus turn first.

Overflow happens before Speed.

this maks sense. speed only comes into play as a tiebreaker iirc
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Kyno wrote: »

I just find it odd that "everything is broken" or "nothing works right", yet you cant give a single specific example.

You could never remod for TW and GA, but you can setup your mods to be the best setup you plan to use then for.

I am not questioning your opinion, I am wondering what is broken or needs to be fixed. That information is how things fixed.

I fully agree with Kyno on this, I have read this entire thread and not a single time does the OP give any specific example. If you give an example maybe someone can help you, its much better than continuously complaining without giving anything to substantiate it. Like Kyno said, there are obviously bugs in the game that need to be fixed but how is anybody supposed to know what you are talking about. You keep using general terms like "zetas don't work" or "relics are a nonfactor". Which zetas? Which relics? Again, I am not trying to disregard your opinion, I think all of us are just curious to hear what exactly you are talking about.
  • Froggyogy wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

I fully agree with Kyno on this, I have read this entire thread and not a single time does the OP give any specific example. If you give an example maybe someone can help you, its much better than continuously complaining without giving anything to substantiate it. Like Kyno said, there are obviously bugs in the game that need to be fixed but how is anybody supposed to know what you are talking about. You keep using general terms like "zetas don't work" or "relics are a nonfactor". Which zetas? Which relics? Again, I am not trying to disregard your opinion, I think all of us are just curious to hear what exactly you are talking about.

I did mention a couple of things, but I have never asked for anyone's help & I don't want it. I want these guys to stop messing up the game. There is too much time & money vested to just say "hey, look what we did. It will be better" they said the game wasn't working right for years & now it will. I call straight up ****! Now it works better for factions that are interests for the development team. I could really care less about anyone's opinions & if you haven't noticed that the game play is now catered, then what are you even doing?
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    I could really care less about anyone's opinions

So you do care.

At least a little.

It's an open forum, you're gonna get opinions regardless of your level of caring.
  • fair enough
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Froggyogy wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

I did mention a couple of things, but I have never asked for anyone's help & I don't want it. I want these guys to stop messing up the game. There is too much time & money vested to just say "hey, look what we did. It will be better" they said the game wasn't working right for years & now it will. I call straight up ****! Now it works better for factions that are interests for the development team. I could really care less about anyone's opinions & if you haven't noticed that the game play is now catered, then what are you even doing?

I wasnt asking or trying to discuss your opinion. I was looking for information about what is broken.

Broken is different than I dont like it.

You probably should not play any "live game" if you dont want changes.

The change had nothing to do with specific teams or the dev teams likes or dislikes, they wanted to make the system in general more predictable, than applies to all teams and factions as things move forward.
  • Pan2218
    496 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    lol this is not the first time this has happened & I do appreciate what you do. But this is an ongoing problem. No I do not like it & feel that things are definitely broken.
    Again, I am here to vent frustration. Maybe I shouldn't play live games & maybe you shouldn't always try to have an answer. It is not your battle
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Again, it's an open forum, anyone is free to answer and have the battle if they like.
  • So say what you like or stay out of it already
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    I like this game.

The TM fix didn't break it.
  • I like the game too & have been playing for years. The TM "fix" royally did mess things up. There are so many things wrong that it is impossible to count. If this really was the case, why didn't they do it years ago? They said it has been running impaired for that duration.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    I still don't understand the problem. It's rare that this affects anything.
  • Tm overload & speed effects everything
  • especially with factions such as GR, Rebels & FO
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited September 2020
    Tm overload & speed effects everything

TM overload does not affect everything lol.

And when it does it's usually a good thing. Coin flips are not good.